Poland Spring or Dasani? Calistoga, Smart Water?

2»

Comments

• i wonder what water tripledouble drinks ?

schuyllkill punch (aka philly tap water) but i run it through some filters and always put a twist of lemon in it.

i started a student water club where i work and it was tough not getting water delivery not owned by coca cola or nestle. i found wissahickon water is a local business.

as far as all those mineral water brands...i found fiji and vulvic to have a real special water taste.

third world war is supposed to be about water, right?
    coca cola & nestle is buying up water rights all over world. prepare to be enslaved bitches.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    yes he is and yes you should.
    wait???
    which Mike are we talkin' bout??

Mike of southern Maine.

Hopefully his cracked out buddy will be filling in for him when I go.
    I seriously can't handle that guy when he gets reved up.

• Bottled water is such a fucking bullshit scam it's not even funny.
    Not just Dasani, but a good majority of them are from municipal water supplies (read: tap water).
    This whole notion that bottled water is somehow cleaner or safer is a proven crock but yet a vast number of our population has bought into it.
    Get a Britta.

• very true.
    ive heard a ot of mineral spring water is pretty unregulated and could have all manner of crap in it that isnt necesarily beneficial. brittas dont take out lead though. get a nice ass filter, stick it on the socket and drink away.

on a unbiodegradable note, it irks me a little that bodies of water are being moved from river/lake beds and into billions of little plastic bottles. especially those 6 oz. things. corny

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    very true.
    ive heard a ot of mineral spring water is pretty unregulated and could have all manner of crap in it that isnt necesarily beneficial. brittas dont take out lead though. get a nice ass filter, stick it on the socket and drink away.

on a unbiodegradable note, it irks me a little that bodies of water are being moved from river/lake beds and into billions of little plastic bottles. especially those 6 oz. things. corny

GET A REVERSE OSMOSIS FILTER AND DROP SCIENCE.

• Bottled water tastes better than my filtered tap water even if it is of lesser (or equal) quality. Which makes me think I should put my bottled water through my Britta and have the best of both worlds. Why sacrifice taste for a negligible amount of money?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Bottled water tastes better than my filtered tap water even if it is of lesser (or equal) quality. Which makes me think I should put my bottled water through my Britta and have the best of both worlds. Why sacrifice taste for a negligible amount of money?

Just get a quality filter and enjoy it. Fuk, I'm saying goodbye to bottled water after this.

• Bottled water tastes better than my filtered tap water even if it is of lesser (or equal) quality. Which makes me think I should put my bottled water through my Britta and have the best of both worlds. Why sacrifice taste for a negligible amount of money?

Just get a quality filter and enjoy it. Fuk, I'm saying goodbye to bottled water after this.

Okay, but will a quality filter actually change the taste of my tap water? My tastes being as refined/keen as they are, I can actually taste the subtle--sometimes great--differences in various bottled waters, as well as water from other sources. For example, Evian tastes like--and has the after taste of--something approximating milk to me. That's bad. This keenness of taste is no doubt a product of my having gone an entire year drinking only bottled water, while eliminating juice, soda, alcohol, etc.--so I wouldn't expect everyone to be able to relate.

whoa
    1 year of bottled water? ugh

• It'll change you, man.

It'll change you, man.

like you can taste so much better now? did you lose weight? do tell, Rey

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    it's a convenience factor thing. When I'm home I drink filtered water from the tap but when I'm out, it's not a big deal to spend a buck or two on a bottle of water in the grand scheme of things. Plus it's a lot healthier than all the fizz/sugar drinks at 7-11.

also as tripledouble mentioned, there are noticeable taste differences in some brands. I am confident I can spot volvic in a blindfold taste test.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    l.a. tap water tastes like shit. Not even very good through the brita.

When I lived in boston that shit would come out BROWN! they even had songs about how nasty the water was.

I fuck with bottled water, but its usually just ralfs or arrowhead.

Evian and Dasani are both owned by coke? I guess that would explain why they both taste like salt and leave me feeling thirsty. Dasani especially.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Evian is "soft" water - too soft for my taste.

I'm a confirmed Vitamin Water junkie, even though I know it's just sugared water. No Formula Fiddy, though - strictly the Power C.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Evian is naive spelled backwards

• It'll change you, man.

like you can taste so much better now? did you lose weight? do tell, Mel

Yeah, the areas my little experiment had the greatest effect on were my sense of taste and my sense of smell. Formerly bland foods/drinks began to taste sweet (or normal), and previously sweet foods/drinks started tasting super sweet and/or unappetizingly sweet. This shift definitely had an effect on the foods I ate (less sugary sweets, more fruits), so, yes, there was some (indirectly-related) weight loss.

YALL WILD

• I'm drinking Jumex.

YALL MILD

• help me coordinate my bottled water purchase

Make sure it's wet.

• I feel like I am the last person on Earth that still drinks water straight out of the tap without a filter.

• I feel like I am the last person on Earth that still drinks water straight out of the tap without a filter.

Me too...

• EVIAN = NAIVE backwards

was it Bill Maher or Dennis Miller?
    Evidence rhyme from an old freestyle.

winona ryder makes this observation in "reality bites" which I think is like 93 or 94. please dont ask me why I remember that.

• true..dudes got to man up since people used to drink out of wells and shit back in the day

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Nahh..You need that shit that was blessed by them kaballah cats!

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I feel like I am the last person on Earth that still drinks water straight out of the tap without a filter.

Me too...

It depends, I've had some tap water that is ok, while the tap water where I stay now tastes like a fucking pond half the time.

My tapwater is so good, I can't even stand bottled water (unless need abroad).

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    grew up on clean, tasty water in Vermont...never understood bottled water, until now...and this is the closest equivalent, in my opinion: