Poland Spring or Dasani? Calistoga, Smart Water?

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
help me coordinate my bottled water purchase

Comments

• rpmrpm 144 Posts
    near Augusta Represent.
    Maine, what!!?!??!?!?!?!?

• help me coordinate my bottled water purchase

I'd tap...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Anybody who's anybody is drinking:

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Dasani? Neva that son! My hommie works for Coca-cola here in Seattle and told me the deal with Dasani. They run tap water through filters and bottle it! He said Coca-Cola is making a killing with that shit. Go with the Poland Spring dun. Calistoga is cool too. What the hell is Smart Water?

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    rpm,

You're from Maine? You should know then.
    Is Mike as crazy in his store as he is at record shows?
    I'm going to be up there soon, but i am almost afraid to pay him a visit.

• help me coordinate my bottled water purchase

PHATT.

get fiji

• get ultimate fiji band

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    See Matthew Herbert's Plat Du Jour for a sample of ...

"THESE BRANDED WATERS
    studio recordings are of different bottled waters:

dasani: water magnesium sulphate, potassium chloride, salt, ozone. (picked up on plane from canada). owned by coca cola.
    thames water tap water.
    highland spring (owned by a consortium based in lichtenstein)
    evian (bought at sainsburys local) distributed by coca cola in north america
    san pelllegrino in glass bottle (found in fridge) owned by nestle
    perrier owned by nestle
    vittel owned by nestle
    perfectly clear, red apple flavour 'sugar free': spring water, citric
    acid, flavourings, sweetener (aspartame), preservatives (potassium
    sorbate, sodium benzoate) contains a source of phenylalaine
    aqua pura 2 litre official bottled water of jaguar uk athletics great britain athletics team

my recent french water bottle said recently: 'your hydration partner'
    www.bottledwaterweb.com has more details about these waters and their corporate owners

in india, 69 per cent of the people do not have access to sanitary services
    the track is 182 bpm because it takes 182,000 litres of water to make one ton of steel

sanitation coverage is 53% in bangladesh, so the track is 5'30' long
    www.rainwaterharvesting.org

how about we turn off public ornamental fountains until the rest of the world has clean drinking water and sanitation?

all melodies and chords are a sample of blowing over the top of a sanpellegrino bottle and played by phil parnell, dave o'higgins, pete wraight and matthew herbert

live percussion is made from all the empty bottles plus a malvern (coca cola) water cooler for a kick drum and played by leo taylor

fight compulsory fluoride in uk tap water"

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    safeway Refreshe water bottles... each for 10 cents if you buy a bundle.
    otherwise, if you have the money

get fiji

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Judging from their ad campaigns, Dasani seeks to establish itself as the African American thirst quencher of choice.

Do with that information what you will.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    vitamin water is radd, but I get the cheap costco water too

Brita for savings....

• EVIANs the nicest but DANG it if it ain't the most expensive.

I got no-name (like $2.50 for 24) for the rides into work.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Paycheck: It's all about "VOSS". Nothing is fuckin' with that water bro. Fiji is second in line. Got the wax, I'll holla.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

Brita for LIFE[/b]

• EVIAN = NAIVE backwards

Get a filter for your tap and save that yaper for... MORE RECORDS

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

either that or cheap aberfoyle local canadian bottled water from costco.

• cosign. fiji is good too.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

dasani: water magnesium sulphate, potassium chloride, salt, ozone. (picked up on plane from canada). owned by coca cola.

From what I know, Coke has admitted that Dasani is nothing more than filtered tap water that by using clever marketing tactics purports itself to be natural mineral water...

in india, 69 per cent of the people do not have access to sanitary services

Quite evident when you travel through the country - those unfamiliar w/ the conditions are advised to consume bottled water - which although free of bacteria and the like, are prone to high level of chemical contaminants - most of which exceed acceptable levels (if compared to European standards)... I was trying to get a sense of life expectancy/mortality/morbidity from region to region, but that was a difficult if not impossible exercise despite epidemiological background...

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    cheap aberfoyle local canadian bottled water

Which is now part of the Swiss Nestle conglomerate...

• rpmrpm 144 Posts
    yes he is and yes you should.
    wait???
    which Mike are we talkin' bout??

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

• you guys really are concerned with being hip and everything when you care what type of water you drink. i mean it's water for christ sake. i get some shit cheap at costco i don't even know (or care) what the brand is.

it's all corporately owned as is everything else in this country.

i go with phil get a water filter and save money on the water for raers. but then some big corporation made that water filter too. shit.

actually i'm not even sure if you need water filter in a lot of places in the US, i know around here it comes from mountain springs.

i wonder what water tripledouble drinks ?

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    you guys really are concerned with being hip and everything when you care what type of water you drink. i mean it's water for christ sake. i get some shit cheap at costco i don't even know (or care) what the brand is.

it's all corporately owned as is everything else in this country.

i go with phil get a water filter and save money on the water for raers. but then some big corporation made that water filter too. shit.

actually i'm not even sure if you need water filter in a lot of places in the US, i know around here it comes from mountain springs.

I drink tap water out of a poland spring bottle so the fluoride keeps my crooked teeth healthy. When the bottle starts smelling, its time for a new one.

There's always g-g-g-g-g-grape flavored Formula 50

was it Bill Maher or Dennis Miller?

Evidence rhyme from an old freestyle.

• how old? because I heard either Bill or Dennis(I think Dennis) use it on TV pretty long ago..90s I believe

ACTUALLY, I think it was Kris Kross that discovered it first. Obey your thirst. Peep my verse as I start to burst. Sketcherone is ripping microphones in the worst.

Way. What more can I say? Like Jeru, I let my mind spray. Let my Kry spray. Toys get murked down in the subway.

CTI suitcase strapped to my Timex. I'm drinking Jumex. What you gonne do next? Nothing.

Com. Pet. Ish. Hun. Is. NONE.

Man, this place needs to be more hype.

• how old? because I heard either Bill or Dennis(I think Dennis) use it on TV pretty long ago..90s I believe
    I heard Ev use that line circa '99. Shit, he prolly got that from those guys!

ACTUALLY, I think it was Kris Kross that discovered it first. Obey your thirst. Peep my verse as I start to burst. Sketcherone is ripping microphones in the worst.

Way. What more can I say? Like Jeru, I let my mind spray. Let my Kry spray. Toys get murked down in the subway.

CTI suitcase strapped to my Timex. I'm drinking Jumex. What you gonne do next? Nothing.

Com. Pet. Ish. Hun. Is. NONE.

Man, this place needs to be more hype.
    lyricals.
    Yeah, this is place fucking dead

• Damn JP, you're getting all domestic on us - toilet paper, bottled water, what's next curtains??

I find a bit of saffron silk helps to brighten up the cell in the morning. It's a good thing.