Funk 45? Opinions? Knowledge?

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
What do you guys think? Would this be considered "heat", in Funk 45 Circles?

http://homepage.mac.com/lscott/jukebox/Peace_and_Love.mp3

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    maybe northern. no thanks though.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    why do you have to ask whether a 45 is good or not? cant you decide for yourself?

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    why do you have to ask whether a 45 is good or not? cant you decide for yourself?

I like it quite a bit, but if other people like it more I'd trade it. I don't need to be told shite about shite yoon P-trick.

• its o.k. not digging the backup vocals. band seems bored.

I like it quite a bit, but if other people like it more I'd trade it. I don't need to be told shite about shite yoon P-trick.

i see. have you gotten a price on it yet? raer?

oh and i would also say this is more Northern than funk

i see. have you gotten a price on it yet? raer?

oh and i would also say this is more Northern than funk

That's the other ting. No info to be found.

• why do you have to ask whether a 45 is good or not? cant you decide for yourself?

Just sharing, killer...

The one I listed is an LP track, I'd just be curious if anybody is into it is all.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    What do you guys think? Would this be considered "heat", in Funk 45 Circles?

http://homepage.mac.com/lscott/jukebox/Peace_and_Love.mp3

The horns and drums are nice, but the vocals ruin it for me. You never know, though, the sound of the funk 45 'scene' (if there even is a scene) has been known to change. Hold on to it.

Too funky for Northerners me thinks.

• Options
    I wouldn't even sell that as Northern. Not the right sound (from what I've been taught musically). Sounds like a Tina Turner track. What's Northern got to do with it?

...and don't you know, Nate doesn't [evil]sell[/evil] records?

K.

• Options
    I like that a metroc tonne more.

K.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Not really my thing - it reminds of a song that would be on Happy Days. I am not saying that's a bad thing or anything. Thing?

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    so are you dudes gonna give up the names of these records? c'mon andrewhandschrocork...

so are you dudes gonna give up the names of these records? c'mon andrewhandschrocork...

Nobody seems to like it so what's the point, chizzler?

• so are you dudes gonna give up the names of these records? c'mon andrewhandschrocork...

you know I like to be holding all the cards....

.....but really, the one I posted's off this LP called "miami to las vegas" on a pretty well-known miami label (at least for latin stuff... KL knows). Thematically it's a tourist giveaway based around MIAMI and, uh, LAS VEGAS. Complete with racetrack and slot sounds. Pretty cheesy, but from what I can tell it's a cross section of local lounge/bar acts. It has 2 nice tracks - the other one's fast, upbeat soul with some breaks - but the rest is throwaway. I have a few local records like this, there was such a strong music scene in the 60s & 70s everybody put something out for promo.

• PS a lot of white ladies can really sing down here I might add

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    alright senor incognito.. jumbo BM on both of you. I'm goin home... clockin out. see you bright n early.

• chrischris 287 Posts

.....but really, the one I posted's off this LP called "miami to las vegas" on a pretty well-known miami label (at least for latin stuff... KL knows). Thematically it's a tourist giveaway based around MIAMI and, uh, LAS VEGAS. Complete with racetrack and slot sounds. Pretty cheesy, but from what I can tell it's a cross section of local lounge/bar acts. It has 2 nice tracks - the other one's fast, upbeat soul with some breaks - but the rest is throwaway. I have a few local records like this, there was such a strong music scene in the 60s & 70s everybody put something out for promo.

also appears on 45 as joni adams "las vegas" on zodiac.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

also appears on 45 as joni adams "las vegas" on zodiac.

[geraci] [/geraci]

• That would be it! It's the first LP on said label from what I can tell. I guess nothing's a secret any more. If you can believe it I passed it over at least twice before picking it up.

Two more for the real heads.... Might be my fave aretha cover ever behind wanda davis "save me".

Funky funky white south

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

yo..any label info on the lp? I know I've seen & heard this @ a dealers house a few years back. pm if needed.

oh yeah...the vocal and recording are ....but it's a miami record.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    That would be it! It's the first LP on said label from what I can tell. I guess nothing's a secret any more. If you can believe it I passed it over at least twice before picking it up.

Damn, that was my first time hearing the Joni Adams. I've heard about it for years. Nice track...now find me that 45.

Two more for the real heads.... Might be my fave aretha cover ever behind wanda davis "save me".

Is this a 45 or LP cut? It's not the infamous La-Mars version is it?

• I'm really digging the intro to that track tsega.... raw horn section.

Damn, that was my first time hearing the Joni Adams. I've heard about it for years. Nice track...now find me that 45.

You know, I never thought to search on it, and I'm not a northern soul guy. I picked it up for 2 bones. I guess it holds some name recognition. The internet is a vast and scary place.

Is this a 45 or LP cut? It's not the infamous La-Mars version is it?

No, but I prefer this version. I'll use it on a mix at some point and give up all info. Maybe a local FL-only funk mix... uh.... assuming of course I find enough of it to make a mix

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

LOL!!!!!!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Maybe a local FL-only funk mix... uh.... assuming of course I find enough of it to make a mix

in the process...

haha, thats a rad tune. i love that whole album actually

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    what am I missing here...there's an album by these guys that I should know about? Why the LOL catillo?