a funky kind of fusion ?

Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
which are the artists in your opinion,that crossed the line towards fusion but still sounded funky ? (yes.....I really love using the "funky" word)

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    which are the artists in your opinion,that crossed the line towards fusion but still sounded funky ?

(yes.....I really love using the "funky" word)

Why don't you try exploring some subjects other than CTI and "funky fusion"?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Charles Earland

• Johnny Hammond 's Gambler's life?.......Joe Henderson' Black Miracle ?......

• Charles Earland

that's true .......by the fusion canon he is funky........

• which are the artists in your opinion,that crossed the line towards fusion but still sounded funky ?

Why don't you try exploring some subjects other than CTI and "funky fusion"?

what abt a thread "Pretige Vs Blue note" ?.....I'm sorry but I love "the classics"

• Kenny G by the baroque cannon is a funky kind of fusion.

Charles Earland

I am a little surprised to learn that the Reynaldos of the world are still sweating this dude.

• Charles Earland

ha,

Dizzie Gillespie
    Barry White
    El Michaels Affair

• Charles Earland

ha,

Dizzie Gillespie
    Barry White
    El Michaels Affair

near 1000 posts here and you still don't know that is "Dizzy" not "Dizzie" ?

• what abt a thread "Pretige Vs Blue note" ?.....I'm sorry but I love "the classics"

I've been meaning to ask this for a minute, why do you always type "abt???"

• what abt a thread "Pretige Vs Blue note" ?.....I'm sorry but I love "the classics"

I've been meaning to ask this for a minute, why do you always type "abt???"

a-b-o-u-t

• Charles Earland

ha,

Dizzie Gillespie
    Barry White
    El Michaels Affair

near 1000 posts here and you still don't know that is "Dizzy" not "Dizzie" ?

I'm supposed to learn spelling here? I blame Dizzie Rascal

• which are the artists in your opinion,that crossed the line towards fusion but still sounded funky ?

BAN

• Charles Earland

I am a little surprised to learn that the Reynaldos of the world are still sweating this dude.

Happy because I'm coming home is the joint. "Your mama can't dance" is a nice little album as well, Regatta.

BAN

all the main men here know I like to have fun

Charles Earland

Happy because I'm coming home is the joint. "Your mama can't dance" is a nice little album as well, Regatta.

What albums are those from? I'm not really up on my Charles Earland like that.

I've had most of his Prestige joints over the years, but I think Black Talk! is the only one I've hung onto.

• all the main men here know I like to have fun

• Charles Earland

I've had most of his Prestige joints over the years, but I think Black Talk! is the only one I've hung onto.

Happy Because I'm Coming Home= "Intensity" on Prestige. A Chicago Cover. Don't turn your back on your wonder bread childood heroes

"Your Mama Can't Dance"= Title of LP. On Mainstream. A lot of covers (I quite fancy "The World is a Ghetto").

• "Your Mama Can't Dance"= Title of LP. On Mainstream. A lot of covers (I quite fancy "The World is a Ghetto").

Mang, I think that is a Charles Kynard joint.......I did my homeworks

• "Your Mama Can't Dance"= Title of LP. On Mainstream. A lot of covers (I quite fancy "The World is a Ghetto").

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

"Your Mama Can't Dance"= Title of LP. On Mainstream. A lot of covers (I quite fancy "The World is a Ghetto").

That album is by Charles Kynard, not Earland.

Edit: too slow on my sonn-ing

Charles Earland

Happy Because I'm Coming Home= "Intensity" on Prestige. A Chicago Cover. Don't turn your back on your wonder bread childood heroes

[Phonics]I ain't grow up like that, son.[/Phonics]

I actually used to have this record--the Earland one, not the Chicago one.

"Your Mama Can't Dance"= Title of LP. On Mainstream. A lot of covers (I quite fancy[/b] "The World is a Ghetto").

What--after your abject failure as an American record dude, you're now trying to reinvent yourself as some sort of a British record dude? Top try, old chap.

Now Charles Kynard's got some joints I can get with--I've got that Reelin' With the Feelin' on Prestige.

That album is by Charles Kynard, not Earland.

Edit: too slow on my sonn-ing

mang, you are not the only hammond-man in town

Now Charles Kynard's got some joints I can get with--I've got that Reelin' With the Feelin' on Prestige.

Kynard is the man !

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

being Sonned by the "is-Jerry Lewis-funky?"-guy =

being Sonned by the "is-Jerry Lewis-funky?"-guy =

Jerry lewis never had an attempt at funkyness (forgive my poor english).....but Dean Martin had an hell of a try with this flick (

featuring a good soundtrack,indeed)

listen here if you don't believe me

Dean Martin the hard way

http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=07GOQ921NPQWY2F3RQ44XM3X7X