who's not funky ?

2»

Comments

• For instance this :

this is a good example how Charles earland playing is NOT funky

Like I said....

you misunderstand ..........I mean the song is superfunky....but listen to Earland's rhythm and his solo......really lame

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I'm fan of his......I have all his rackords ..... and so I can tell his chops are recycled from one record to another

You're

Ditto...

but I take bait like this, so, here....

get this, but make sure you grab the 8 track, only the 8-track is funky[/b]

• I'm fan of his......I have all his rackords ..... and so I can tell his chops are recycled from one record to another

You're

Ditto...

but I take bait like this, so, here....

get this, but make sure you grab the 8 track, only the 8-track is funky[/b]

his cover version of "streets of SF".....the most not-funky version I've ever heard...

• Billy Cobham

i think this is funky

This IS funky but Cobham playing is definitively NOT......know what I mean ?

• lol much as I love my Cop Show Themes it is by no means a scorcher

• this has funky chops on keys :

• lol much as I love my Cop Show Themes it is by no means a scorcher

ok let's try this way :

please listen to his version of "Streets of S.F"

Mancini version :

http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2JBERZ3VXOQ4E3FGP3MXMW3F6D

and then listen to what I feel is a funky version of that song......

http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2VQ6IKW9HM85T123HSCJ8AGS17

I don't know....... let's discuss.....

• Includes a great and funky version of Freedom Jazz Dance

• Includes a great and funky version of Freedom Jazz Dance

that s true .....that s true.

• When I get home tonight I will post up some funky mancini....

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Please explain--in detail--what you mean by "funky" as it relates to "phrasing on the keys."

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I know what you're saying as far as recycling chops, but alot of artists do that. Hell, even Grant Green does it. That doesn't mean the playing itself is not funky.

Plaese to see these rackord for more info.

funky

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    The funky Earland jernt for my money is ONE FOR SCOTTY on this slab, unfadeable. Plaese to enjoy.

• Murilley. Swings like a mutha.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    NOT FONKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• pknypkny 549 Posts

Billy Cobham

i think this is funky

This IS funky but Cobham playing is definitively NOT......know what I mean ?

Billy played drums on Stanley Turrentine's "Cherry" LP , and I'd say his playing on "Sister Sanctified" was pretty funky.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

....no matter what the general opinion says:

I wouldn't describe their playing as "funky"

Billy Cobham

It's alright to go against general opinions............but check this lp out
    and get back at me in the morning.

• Not funky

• I know what you're saying as far as recycling chops, but alot of artists do that. Hell, even Grant Green does it.

I agree abt Grant Green ....

.the kind of playing I describe as funky has nothing to do with the context of the song in which the musicians are playing

talkin abt organ players = Mcgriff playing is always funky even in that tribute to count basie album ........

or Joe Duke was a funky drummer even when he did some latin jams with the mcduff band.......

you know what I mean ?

another example :

I like a lot the basslines of Wilton Felder ....even when he back Dusty Springfield he knows how to give a funk "delivering"

but I never felt so funky the basslines of Ron Carter..even if he did partecipated in some of the funkiest jams ever........

• you know what I mean ?

no...

• Not funky

yeah but Rocky Raccoon gots some funky head noddin drums

• Not funky

yeah but Rocky Raccoon gots some funky head noddin drums

Internet Myth!! Well, it's unsamplable anyway

• you know what I mean ?

no...

God knows I'm tryin hard.......

• ayoayo 44 Posts

i thought good vibrations was kinda funky, but the funky bunch fell off after this. they went from extrememly funky to moderatly funky to completely funkless. we all know marky mark is doing well, i can only pray for the funky bunch.

• i thought good vibrations was kinda funky, but the funky bunch fell off after this. they went from extrememly funky to moderatly funky to completely funkless. we all know marky mark is doing well, i can only pray for the funky bunch.

The girl is wearing knee pads.

• i thought good vibrations was kinda funky, but the funky bunch fell off after this. they went from extrememly funky to moderatly funky to completely funkless. we all know marky mark is doing well, i can only pray for the funky bunch.

The girl is wearing knee pads.

girl ?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'd just like to interject that this thread makes absolutely no fucking sense at all. With your "the song is funky but the playing isn't" routine, you should be hanging out with Olski and his "Kev Brown's music is wack, his rhyming sucks and the CD is garbage - therefore I enjoy listening to it!" logic.

Jesus. Christ. Almighty.

• I'd just like to interject that this thread makes absolutely no fucking sense at all. With your "the song is funky but the playing isn't" routine, you should be hanging out with Olski and his "Kev Brown's music is wack, his rhyming sucks and the CD is garbage - therefore I enjoy listening to it!" logic.

Jesus. Christ. Almighty.

why you are so mad at me ? ....
    .....it's not my fault if you are slow at sonning people......

hey look here anyway

http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=450081&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1