DJ Quik

JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
LA folls. Any of yall have the underground tapes Quik did before "Quik is the Name"?? I need to hear them shits. Plaese to make it happen.

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    LA folls. Any of yall have the underground tapes Quik did before "Quik is the Name"?? I need to hear them shits. Plaese to make it happen.

Word. I need to hear these tapes too!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Put me on too!!!!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I would love to hear this! Does anyone know how many were put out & if they were made under the name "dj quik"?

h

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    good morning everyone?

how may i help you?

good morning everyone?

how may i help you?

Are these tapes or cds?

good morning everyone?

how may i help you?

Are these tapes or cds?

tapes...how do i post it?

good morning everyone?

how may i help you?

Are these tapes or cds?

Ed you got the tapes? I've still got a super nice Denon tape deck and a Pioneer CD recorder. I would be happy to make CDs of the tapes for ya. You need to get the tapes on to CD ASAP before the tapes deteriorate. After the tapes are on CD you can rip em to MP3s.

good morning everyone?

how may i help you?

Are these tapes or cds?

Im no computer dude but i think ya have to transfer them to cd, then to your computer, them post.
    Little dude in this dept.

• good morning everyone?

how may i help you?

Are these tapes or cds?

put that on www.yousendit.com hommie!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    You need to have a tape drive like my grandpa did.

i originaly had all of the underground songs...but bitch ass friends got me for all my shit except one tape i happened to find when i was at moms house going through random tapes a month ago....

the tape i found has i think 5 songs...including the classic "this is for the homies" .....the tapes were basically demo songs for "quik is the name" and "2nd to none s/t" ...the shit that's not on tape i found are dope as well "if you should lose me" was my shit

the tape is poor quality ..but i'll go to moms tomorrow and dig that shit out and figure out a way to post it (transfer them to cd..i guess)

people......... hold on

i originaly had all of the underground songs...but bitch ass friends got me for all my shit except one tape i happened to find when i was at moms house going through random tapes a month ago....

the tape i found has i think 5 songs...including the classic "this is for the homies" .....the tapes were basically demo songs for "quik is the name" and "2nd to none s/t" ...the shit that's not on tape i found are dope as well "if you should lose me" was my shit

the tape is poor quality ..but i'll go to moms tomorrow and dig that shit out and figure out a way to post it (transfer them to cd..i guess)

people......... hold on

Thank you hommie!

but......i dont have a cd recorder.....any other options?

Asprin?
    Daze?
    Guzzo?

Asprin?
    Daze?
    Guzzo?

Daze! Do you have ALL of the old Quik tapes? If you don't, why don't you call Quik and tell him we need a complete set on CD!

but......i dont have a cd recorder.....

o.k problem solved

now the fun part....going through all those tapes again

and once again ...keep in mind the tape is 15 years old and was kept in a box,in a garage w/o the case....so the sound quality is not the best...

people....hold on

• Plaese to post any other random LA exclusives as well. I was goin thru a box of tapes my damn self last night giving me inspiration for this post. What songs did he go after Eiht on? "why you have to dis me on your underground tape"

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

Asprin?
    Daze?
    Guzzo?

Daze! Do you have ALL of the old Quik tapes? If you don't, why don't you call Quik and tell him we need a complete set on CD!

Man I wish...I want ALL of those old Roadium tapes. The only one I ever had was a live Hi-C and Tony A performance with the X-rated version of "I'm Not Your Puppet" I can't find it though...argh.

I might be able to get ahold of some of those old Quik tapes though, I got a few homies that might have em.

• I got a few homies that might have em.

I got a few homies that might have em.

yeah. real funny...you know I don't know Kurupt or Nate Dogg.

yeah. real funny...you know I don't know Kurupt or Nate Dogg.

LOL !! ^^^^^^^comedy

i'm looking for a few roadium tapes too..."jack move" & "you got ganked" to be specific......now that i think of it i need to convert those tapes and post those one day too.....Tony A...Dr. Dre...Battery Brain...classic shit

and oh yeah.....

1st PLaCe MOTHAFUKUHS !!!!!!!!!!

God Bless whoever invented the cd...because going through these tapes (FF/PLAY...FF/STOP/PLAY) is a goddamn headache...

good news: i found a tape that i didn't know i had that has 4 songs on it and the quality is not as bad as i thought
    but i'm still going through these shits looking for the tape with 4 different songs on it .....give me a day or 2 more i'm lazy

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Ed you will forever be (even more of) the man if you can get this poppin off.

Now, who has some old Battlecat mixes? I used to be friends with a dude who Battlecat used to stay with and he played me some stuff from him way back when. Dude was nasty on the cut.

• Plaese to upload any and all early Quik immediately.

The suspense is killing me.

Plaese to upload any and all early Quik immediately.

The suspense is killing me.

o.k...after going through a million fucking tapes i found 5 songs,3 of which are with 2nd to none[/b] ...the other shit is in that garage in a box behind piles of shit and i'm too lazy after work to dig through that stuff any longer....

the missing tape is the one with the CMW diss and the song where he shouts out his entire hood (my favorite songs ) ...

so i'll post what i have on Tuesday [/b] (my only free day to convert the tape)

and i may drop some other shit i found also

roadium mixes

Dj Star

***** demos

etc..etc

a couple folks asked me for the R & G demos/outakes also ..if there is any interest i can post that

sorry for the delay people

• wow - DJ Quik be charging $12,500 a show nowadays! Anyone see him recently - wondering how good he is live.

Anyone see him recently -

the House Of Blues a couple months ago ...

Anyone see him recently -

the House Of Blues a couple months ago ...

you were at that show too? I thought he was aiight. The opening acts SUCKED though. Damizza was ok but erryone else was boo-tay.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Asprin?
    Daze?
    Guzzo?

Man I wish...I want ALL of those old Roadium tapes. The only one I ever had was a live Hi-C and Tony A performance with the X-rated version of "I'm Not Your Puppet" I can't find it though...argh.

I might be able to get ahold of some of those old Quik tapes though, I got a few homies that might have em.

ALL of the Roadium Tapes are being remastered for original ROADIUM DJ Tony A. About one or two per month.

I have the first four titles that are done and they came out beautiful, if i do say so myself!

One of the Quik ones are in the pipeline right now....

So Far....

20 Foe 7um (DR DRE)
    Hi-C (dj tony a)
    86 in the mix (DR DRE)
    88 Boom N Bass (dj tony a)

More to come... (very limited run, he just basically wanted to restore for his own personal collection, speaking of which. If you need some tapes PROFESSIONALLY transferred to cd before they disintegrate, get at me.)

www.wiz1der.com

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    wow, thread ressurection.

Man all of a sudden I am 10 years old again thinking of old DJ QUIK remembering dude doin' Juss Like Compton on Arsenio Hall and going to Sam Goody the next day and jacking the single.

I thnk I might be looking to pick up them Roadium remasters. Nice to be able to get up on stuff that Iwas too young to get back in the day