how is this?

TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
this album has one of the scariest psychedelic covers ive ever seen. is it any good? what's it sound like

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Not sure bout that one, I'm curious bout this one though-

• Not sure bout that one, I'm curious bout this one though-

I've got the reissue of this one and it has been in heavy rotation for a long, long time. Mellow, keyboard-driven jazzy funk. Highly recommended
    anyone have an OG of this?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Not sure bout that one, I'm curious bout this one though-

anyone have an OG of this?

over here...maybe the best score I got out of a 3 year stint at a record store - the owner "couldn't find anything out about it" on eBay (pre-reissue) and was going to just put it up with a $10 starting bid. I convinced him to just sell it to me for the $10. "Changing Things" is my shit...that drum break with the flange melted my fucking face right off the night I brought it home. Funny how you'll see some people listing the group name as "Prophets of Soul" & others as "Gregory James Edition." I'm not sure the group themselves know...

Hows this one? Still haven't seen it out in the field.

• Hows this one? Still haven't seen it out in the field.

On their way to #1, huh? Is it any good, though?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    what about this?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    its got a break, which is also available on a 12". i havent heard the whole thing

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    How's THIS?

• I have multiple copies of Gregory James Edition (og's) if anyone is interested in trades.

• What about this...

I have multiple copies of Gregory James Edition (og's) if anyone is interested in trades.
    let me holler at one of those

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

On their way to #1, huh? Is it any good, though?

How does it sound? Like this: Poison - Unity Man. I like it.

• What about this? I know it has my favorite drummer Mickey Roker.

Olinga's cool, got a break on it. I like sunflower better though. What about this one-

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Olinga's cool, got a break on it. I like sunflower better though. What about this one-

Pretty good psych album. I can't remember the name, but one track stands out for sure.
    The stereo version should fetch around $75.

What record is worth $350?
    ones that people pay that much for

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I have multiple copies of Gregory James Edition (og's) if anyone is interested in trades.

You don't have multiples of Johnny Sayles Man on the Inside on Dakar, do you? It's not my favorite material by him, but I feel compelled to own his only LP, out of respect.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

I'd buy it only for the cover!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

This one is

It was released on Roulette, right?
    Not bad but not
    Theres that break _with that voice_ which makes
    Poom Poom tshak Poom Poom Tshak "Get on up! Do what you wanna do"...

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    What about this? I know it has my favorite drummer Mickey Roker.

Mr Jazz, this one is really good.

Plus theres one of the dopest breakbeat I've heard in a minute.

Mickey Roker is

that album is pretty weak. found it, listened to it, left it

• What record is worth $350?

no that LP is not good at all. copped mine for cheap and sold it to a japanese feller recently for 150.00 after i saw em going crazy on ebay. it came out in 1980 if i remember right....just plain bad.

• as good as groove grease ?

• What record is worth $350?

no that LP is not good at all. copped mine for cheap and sold it to a japanese feller recently for 150.00 after i saw em going crazy on ebay. it came out in 1980 if i remember right....just plain bad.
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. Folks go nuts over a record because it's 'rare'. They spend $100+ on the record, take it home, play it and it's .
    Fuck all of that. Give me some cheap, common shit that's listenable over a raer anyday.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

different strokes i guess...

that record is AWESOME! not an all-time fave by a long shot but when TSL owed me a lot of money i copped one of those for $60 (or something like that). i would pay $40-50 or if it was a good month $60-75. great tracks, good singing, production was tight as well...

• that album is pretty weak. found it, listened to it, left it

that record is AWESOME! not an all-time fave by a long shot but when TSL owed me a lot of money i copped one of those for $60 (or something like that). i would pay $40-50 or if it was a good month $60-75. great tracks, good singing, production was tight as well...
    What kind of music is on that album?

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

What kind of music is on that album?

group soul ballads, northern soul, and its Motown related...