Book on Endtroducing DJ Shadow RelatedRemastered

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Courtesy of Joost and Solesides.com

"April 10, 2005
This August, a book by Eliot Wilder on DJ Shadow's "Endtroducing," will be released from Continuum Books. Around the same time, Universal will release a remastered anniversary edition of the album, for which Eliot Wilder wrote the liner notes. Click here for an excerpt from the book. (thanks to Orange from the solesides boards for mentioning this)
"

URL for excerpt:
http://33third.blogspot.com/2005/04/endtroducing.html

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Oh god,so out of all the albums in the past 20 plus years "Endtroducing" is going to get a book? Man, I don't know what to say...

Is someone really going to read an entire book on something that's been covered 1239i129031293 times in 1310923812093810928 different magazines? Don't get me wrong I thought that shit was dope but I smell something fishy here....and it's not Hermillo's fingers...FOR ONCE!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Finally.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Oh god,so out of all the albums in the past 20 plus years "Endtroducing" is going to get a book? Man, I don't know what to say...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    For the love of god stop callling this guy Josh! Is he your friend? Is he your neighbor? Do you go to bars with him & have his cell#?

Calling a stranger by his first name does not make you look cool. It makes you look creepy! I know listening to his beatz makes you feel a special bond, and he "got you into" "diggin'" and all, but just stop!!!

Are you glad because you feel Shadow is the hip-hop producer who finally added some legitimacy to the game?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I'm glad you had the time to get angry cos I used Soulstrut nomenclature.

The title has been fixed cos Crink can't handle JOSH

ayyo indeed

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

The Takeover.............[/b] [color:white]................. and i'm officially scared[/color]

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    It's my new crusade.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Artistic integrity more so than legitimacy.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I used Soulstrut nomenclature.

Just so you know, the soulstrut nomenclature of "JOSH", as invented, pioneered, and used by us, never referred to Mr. Davis.

[/PSA]

The Takeover.............[/b] [color:white]................. and i'm officially scared[/color]

Dude that's pretty much the same shit he's been saying since the album came out. Pick up any mainstream magazine that had a hard on for "trip-hop" and you find the boy saying the same old same old.

I guess this Eliot Wilder guy is a music critic / musician / author.

http://www.eliotwilder.com/

Dunno if this was commissioned by Universal or was his idea, but I thought it was a worthy news item for the newstrut massive.

Artistic integrity more so than legitimacy.

Word, he finally showed them what time it was!

Okay, good to know.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I'M JOSH

haha, good times

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Im curious, is this book 'official'? Or is it a 'non-authorized' dick-riding-cash-in? (ie: like a N-Sync book your 12 year old sister will buy at the checkout line)

either way, for shame.

-k

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    False advertising, MY

hah, correct you are

no, not John Book on DJ Shadow, which would be an interesting book to say the least

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I'd rather see a book on "Entropy." Just sayin.

Hell, I'd rather see a book on Salma Hayek's calves.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Goldmine.

Goldmine.

Nah, I wrote for them already.