Damn...

2»

Comments

• Comin' out the video store on 3rd and Hobart, July 3rd 1999. I went heads up with a mini-van as I strolled across the crosswalk and lost (my shoes flew one way, body flew another, for whatever reason I tucked and saved my skull from the curb). dude jumped out the mini-van, and realizing what he had done, grabbed my then lifeless body and started trying to drag me into the sliding door of the van. A few witnesses came over and yoked him up on some "let him go, you're killing him!" and I came to - halfway in, halfway out of the side door. Dude runs around to the driver side and tries to drive off with my body hanging out and a bunch of people jump in front of the van. Paramedics, fire department all come. I can't afford the 8,000$ ride to the county in the ambulance so I call my homeboy Ben and he scoops me into his backseat and drives me to UCLA where I proceed to run up 18,000 $ in treatment. July 4th I get drunk. I also decide I don't give a f- about nothing or anybody cause it can all end like blam and life is something I realize I am not experiencing. i decided I had NO time to "come to grips" with life and have since tried to live with 0 regret and absolutely ready to go at any mintue with a smile on my face. I can honestly say that I am not afraid to die. That doesn't mean I'm trying to, I'm just saying. Live, Love and do it like you mean it and do it till your satisfied (Not talking about sex gentlemen). So if you love CTI, then ride for it. be about it. Anyways, I flubbed the whole thing because I had a slimy lawyer who was like, I don't care if you aren't feeling it, I need you to run this chirpractor bill UP. I was like f-this, it's unrighteous and 2 wrongs don't make a right. well, I got my medical paid and only 2,500 dollars for the trouble. I'm not complaining. I bought a compressor and the Jade record on Pesante. Live yall -

Sleep well tonight. Living is tough for all of us and yet we live to dream another night. For what it's worth I'm proud of your restraint and believe the Universe works in ways only Sun Ra may understand. You did the right thing.

CHUUUUCH!!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    jSo are you gonna sue him?
    damn skippy.

wrong joke. wrong time.

this shit is mad hard for me to admit and i kind of feel embarassed about it. yet somehow i felt like airing it in public would make me realize that i did the right thing. i guess not.

well jeez, of course you did the right thing! Nothing to be embarassed about at all. Sorry that shit happened to you. I guess I didnt realize it was a sensitive issue.

I had a friend a couple month ago that got trashed in huntington beach by like 8 dudes. They also beat the shit out of his girlfriend and gave his sister a concussion. Afterwards the cops came....and threw THEM in jail!

Dude spent 3 days locked up in the fucking twin towers general pop in downtown l.a. With 3 broken ribs, a broken jaw, and a hairline skull fracture. And they never gave him a fucking phone call. They also threw his sister in the womens prison.

Eventually they got out, but no one could find them for a minute! As far as I know his lawsuit is still pending, but it doesnt look good even for him.

Glad you are okay, but you dont have to feel like you violated some code of the streets bullshit cause some greaseball douchebag fucking popped you in the face. Sue the crap out of him. THis is america Dammit!!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Comin' out the video store on 3rd and Hobart, July 3rd 1999. I went heads up with a mini-van as I strolled across the crosswalk and lost (my shoes flew one way, body flew another, for whatever reason I tucked and saved my skull from the curb). dude jumped out the mini-van, and realizing what he had done, grabbed my then lifeless body and started trying to drag me into the sliding door of the van. A few witnesses came over and yoked him up on some "let him go, you're killing him!" and I came to - halfway in, halfway out of the side door. Dude runs around to the driver side and tries to drive off with my body hanging out and a bunch of people jump in front of the van. Paramedics, fire department all come. I can't afford the 8,000$ ride to the county in the ambulance so I call my homeboy Ben and he scoops me into his backseat and drives me to UCLA where I proceed to run up 18,000 $ in treatment. July 4th I get drunk. I also decide I don't give a f- about nothing or anybody cause it can all end like blam and life is something I realize I am not experiencing. i decided I had NO time to "come to grips" with life and have since tried to live with 0 regret and absolutely ready to go at any mintue with a smile on my face. I can honestly say that I am not afraid to die. That doesn't mean I'm trying to, I'm just saying. Live, Love and do it like you mean it and do it till your satisfied (Not talking about sex gentlemen). So if you love CTI, then ride for it. be about it. Anyways, I flubbed the whole thing because I had a slimy lawyer who was like, I don't care if you aren't feeling it, I need you to run this chirpractor bill UP. I was like f-this, it's unrighteous and 2 wrongs don't make a right. well, I got my medical paid and only 2,500 dollars for the trouble. I'm not complaining. I bought a compressor and the Jade record on Pesante. Live yall -

Sleep well tonight. Living is tough for all of us and yet we live to dream another night. For what it's worth I'm proud of your restraint and believe the Universe works in ways only Sun Ra may understand. You did the right thing.

Jeez, thats crazy! Shit can happen anywhere!

• I bought a compressor and the Jade record on Pesante.

That is a good record. The slow songs.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    I don't know weather to feel proud or like a snitch right now...

feel proud... im embarrassed by all of past actions and moments of "wilding out" on people. you did the right thing... hit him in the wallet.

just remember: were not under 18 anymore and jailtime can be official due to catching a felony for a&b w/ a skateboard.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Beating people up is so overrated. I'm much more proud of situations that I walk away from then I am of situations where I get into shit.

By the way, glad you're OK, Tom.

-e

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    yo tom,

I swear, in about 24 hours I'll be picking up my new Motorcycle which is paid for entirely by a settlement claim (remember that shit back in January?). I would not be able to do this if I hadnt gone by the book and went the legal route.

Listen bro, your bruises and pride will heal soon, but that piece of shit will be feeling some pain for awhile.

• I was sitting in my room and my mom and my dad came in and they pulled up a chair and they sat down, they go: "Mike, we need to talk to you"

And I go "Okay what's the matter"

They go "Me and your mom have been noticing lately that you've been having a lot of problems, you've been going off for no reason and we're afraid you're gonna

hurt somebody, we're afraid you're gonna hurt yourself. So we decided that it would be in your interest if we put you somewhere where you could get the help that you need."

And I go: "Wait, what do you mean, what are you talking about, we decided!? My best

interest?! How can you know what's my best interest is? How can you say what

my best interest is? What are you trying to say, I'm crazy? When I went to

your schools, I went to your churches, I went to your institutional learning

facilities?! So how can you say I'm crazy."

They say they're gonna fix my brain

Alleviate my suffering and my pain

But by the time they fix my head

Mentally I'll be dead

I'm not crazy

You're the one who's crazy

You're driving me crazy

They stuck me in an institution

Said it was the only solution

To give me the needed professional help

To protect me from the enemy, myself

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Beating people up is so overrated. I'm much more proud of situations that I walk away from then I am of situations where I get into shit.

By the way, glad you're OK, Tom.

-e

Yep, but the hard part is trying to use your head in situations like this. Sometimes you just can't help it. My last "incident". Me and wife at the supermarket. Trolley load is finished so we go to the cashiers line. A couples of feets before the line there's a loaded trolley, but no people around. We go to the cashier. "Hello" and start unloaded our shit. A couple of minutes later comes this body-builder type with his girlfriend (hot chick I must say). That was their trolley.

Body-builder goes "Yo, that was my place"

Me: I'm sorry but there was nobody around when we got here.

B-b: yes, but that was my place.

Me: too bad we are already unloading things.

A couple of words more and we are insulting each other (for a fucking cashier line place!)

Cashier girl calls security. "What the problem here?".

Me: I don't have a problem, He-Man here has a problem (exact hair cut style)

And that was it. He-man lost it. He, security guys and me punching the air. Pretty much comedy. I kicked his trolley so my foot hurt for a few days.
    I don't even know how I ended up involved in that shit. I wasn't even thinking.

• The difficulty here is that whereas most people have automobile insurance that can cover a settlement or judgment that's driving related, they generally don't have brawling insurance for situations like this. That leaves you with whatever the guy has personally, and people that have real assets generally don't risk them in such a dumb way. He may turn out to be effectively judgment proof. Still, if you get an attorney that will take the case on contingency it doesn't hurt to try.

Agreed. Most lawyers will NOT take this case on contingency because of the fact that they will not be dealing with an insurance company. BUT...you still have another option:

Find out the date for his hearing and make sure that you show up. Talk to the DA and say that you are willing to testify. If he is found guilty you will be able to ask the judge to order him to pay you restitution for your damages. The bad news is that you will not get pain and suffering. The good news is that you might be able to recoup for things like lost wages (even if you don't have any).

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    so i spoke w/ the DA this morning, and she said this guy is gonna pretty much walk away scott free. Oh, he spent the night in jail, which is no fun, but that dont do me no good. the only thing i can get is an order of protection, and restitution for damage to my skateboard. anything else, loss of work, pain and suffering, doctors bills, ect. all have to be covered civilly. Is this even worth it? now i feel even more like i should have busted dude up. fuck the LAAAW.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    You've got his license plate, right? Higher a PI to find him, when you find out where he lives, find his car, pop his tires, poop on the windshield, and pee in his gas tank.

Then hop on a moped and tow 40 crates of records.

-e

• Me: I don't have a problem, He-Man here has a problem (exact hair cut style)

SG

• so i spoke w/ the DA this morning, and she said this guy is gonna pretty much walk away scott free. Oh, he spent the night in jail, which is no fun, but that dont do me no good. the only thing i can get is an order of protection, and restitution for damage to my skateboard. anything else, loss of work, pain and suffering, doctors bills, ect. all have to be covered civilly. Is this even worth it? now i feel even more like i should have busted dude up. fuck the LAAAW.

Hey T, shit suuuucks big time but what can you do? I've been in a few roadrage situations where meatheads have got out of cars, walked towards me and I've had the clublock on the seat next to me. But both times i just locked the door, sat there and let them punch/spit/curse at the window. It's the better move.

Save the violent revenge attack strictly for miming in front of the bedroom mirror. Don't tell me you didn't Within a week you'll have forgotten most of this, but dude will have a record for good.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Save the violent revenge attack strictly for miming in front of the bedroom mirror. Don't tell me you didn't Within a week you'll have forgotten most of this, but dude will have a record for good.

(Plaese Delay, no offense, a little humor over a shitty situation)

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    so i spoke w/ the DA this morning, and she said this guy is gonna pretty much walk away scott free. Oh, he spent the night in jail, which is no fun, but that dont do me no good. the only thing i can get is an order of protection, and restitution for damage to my skateboard. anything else, loss of work, pain and suffering, doctors bills, ect. all have to be covered civilly. Is this even worth it? now i feel even more like i should have busted dude up. fuck the LAAAW.

Hey T, shit suuuucks big time but what can you do? I've been in a few roadrage situations where meatheads have got out of cars, walked towards me and I've had the clublock on the seat next to me. But both times i just locked the door, sat there and let them punch/spit/curse at the window. It's the better move.

Sacshe,

fucked up thing is, i was on my way to check you out @ lucky cat on some surprise visit shit. foiled again.

• Sacshe,

fucked up thing is, i was on my way to check you out @ lucky cat on some surprise visit shit. foiled again.

Oh maaaan, now I'm really sorry! You can always PM me dude's car info, my landlord is in the salvage business. He knows people.

You missed a bit of this

but we're doing it again on the 30th.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    Comin' out the video store on 3rd and Hobart, July 3rd 1999. I went heads up with a mini-van as I strolled across the crosswalk and lost (my shoes flew one way, body flew another, for whatever reason I tucked and saved my skull from the curb). dude jumped out the mini-van, and realizing what he had done, grabbed my then lifeless body and started trying to drag me into the sliding door of the van. A few witnesses came over and yoked him up on some "let him go, you're killing him!" and I came to - halfway in, halfway out of the side door. Dude runs around to the driver side and tries to drive off with my body hanging out and a bunch of people jump in front of the van. Paramedics, fire department all come. I can't afford the 8,000$ ride to the county in the ambulance so I call my homeboy Ben and he scoops me into his backseat and drives me to UCLA where I proceed to run up 18,000 $ in treatment. July 4th I get drunk. I also decide I don't give a f- about nothing or anybody cause it can all end like blam and life is something I realize I am not experiencing. i decided I had NO time to "come to grips" with life and have since tried to live with 0 regret and absolutely ready to go at any mintue with a smile on my face. I can honestly say that I am not afraid to die. That doesn't mean I'm trying to, I'm just saying. Live, Love and do it like you mean it and do it till your satisfied (Not talking about sex gentlemen). So if you love CTI, then ride for it. be about it. Anyways, I flubbed the whole thing because I had a slimy lawyer who was like, I don't care if you aren't feeling it, I need you to run this chirpractor bill UP. I was like f-this, it's unrighteous and 2 wrongs don't make a right. well, I got my medical paid and only 2,500 dollars for the trouble. I'm not complaining. I bought a compressor and the Jade record on Pesante. Live yall -

nutso. nice to hear that you made the experience into something positive.

thanks, by the way

• Tom,

I'm not in the legal biz, but I think you should sue. And then bang his girlfriend. Even if she is ugly. That would be awesome.

I used to always sit around thinking up revenge ideas against my old landlord (a little bit psycho, I know....). Stuff like slipping his dogs exlax so they shit all over his place. Superglue the cap to his gas tank. Unleash a swarm of angry bees into his house through the mail slot. put some shit under his truck door handle so when he goes to open his truck door he sticks his hand in shit. on and on and on with stupid revenge ideas. never did any of them, but it was fun to think about.

• You've got his license plate, right? Higher a PI to find him, when you find out where he lives, find his car, pop his tires, poop on the windshield, and pee in his gas tank.

-e
    Probably the best course of action.

• does the dude have a lawyer? Find out, call that dude, and calmly tell him that you are considering civil action. Medical bills and all that. Emphasis on calm. Mention that if the guy is found guilty that he will be responsible for your court and lawyer fees. I got a settlement out of a jackass who backed into my car and tried to flush the whole thing down the toilet by just mentioning to his lawyer that I might go to court. IF this dude has any money, he doesn't want to be hauled into court. So I think you should at least see where that gets you.

If nothing else, then yeah slash his tires. I had dude's address ready to go for the "I threw a brick through a window" like U2!

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    does the dude have a lawyer? Find out, call that dude, and calmly tell him that you are considering civil action. Medical bills and all that. Emphasis on calm. Mention that if the guy is found guilty that he will be responsible for your court and lawyer fees. I got a settlement out of a jackass who backed into my car and tried to flush the whole thing down the toilet by just mentioning to his lawyer that I might go to court. IF this dude has any money, he doesn't want to be hauled into court. So I think you should at least see where that gets you.

If nothing else, then yeah slash his tires. I had dude's address ready to go for the "I threw a brick through a window" like U2!

I agree with this course of action 100%. However, may I add that if a brick ever makes it through the guys window, just make sure you are DJing that night for one solid alibi. Because thats what friends are for.

PS dont forget man, it is just as easy for him to get YOUR address through the same means. So he will be looking for the payback if you got an alibi or not. The best thing to do is wait, a loooooong time (Im talking 6 months). Let em thing everything is cool and then hit em. By that time, he may have beef with someone else and will think it is them.

• so i spoke w/ the DA this morning, and she said this guy is gonna pretty much walk away scott free. Oh, he spent the night in jail, which is no fun, but that dont do me no good. the only thing i can get is an order of protection, and restitution for damage to my skateboard. anything else, loss of work, pain and suffering, doctors bills, ect. all have to be covered civilly. Is this even worth it? now i feel even more like i should have busted dude up. fuck the LAAAW.

Not worth it to look for a lawyer because nobody will take it unless this dude is filthy rich (to find that out, get a copy of the police report and check out his address). Your best bet is to forget about it, especially if you have medical insurance that will cover your hospital visits. If you have a lawyer-friend, see if he/she will do you a favor and write the guy an intent-to-sue letter. He will probably toss it in the trash, but there is a chance he will give it to his lawyer and your lawyer-friend might be able to get you a settlement without expending any real billable time.

• the "boom you're dead" anonymous phone call could be nice in a situation like this.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    the "boom you're dead" anonymous phone call could be nice in a situation like this.

or a 5 am replicant call................."wake up, time to die!"

• You've got his license plate, right? Higher a PI to find him, when you find out where he lives, find his car, pop his tires, poop on the windshield, and pee in his gas tank.

-e
    Probably the best course of action.

I'll do it.

What kind of car was the dude driving? Was he wearing diamonds and gold chains?

If he's got money, and if you've got a real injury that is going to require extensive medical treatment then yes, I'd sue the fucker. If not, fuck it. It's not worth the time and money.

But definitely go see the doctor.