happy birfday, me

street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Yes, today is my birthday. I forgot. Big 34It's no biggie. I'll be laying around, alone, with my girlfriend at work. She bought tickets for an event on Sat. That was my present but now we can't go because of my injury. PBW djing at the MOCA's showing of that old Basquiat movie. Anybody in LA have a wheelchair I can borrow? Oh well. It beats my 21st birthday when I lived on the streets. I went, alone, from bar to bar, getting my free shot, then to Denny's for my birthday meal, and crashed out in an abandoned garage. That was much worse.

Comments

• Happy Bday dude.

• Happy Bday dude.

just noticed it's yours, too. Happy birthday. Good day to be born. Right on the equinox. Actually there was some confusion and my birth certificate had to be re printed. According to my Mom (RIP) I was born on a thursday which would have been the 23rd that year. Coltrane's birthday. But my license says today. It's good, I celebrate both days.

• >>23rd that year. Coltrane's birthday

Ray Charles too (tomorrow).

• things sound like they are on the up and up (despite the injury). i hope it keeps going that way for you this year.

wheelchairs are expensive, but you might be able to find a used one on craigslist, or goodwill. look around the hospitals for used medical supply companies too.

happy birthday.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Happy birthday Mr Taza Cacao.
    Keep your head up.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    yeah, i'm hoping the PBW set will be good...
    you should try to round up an old wheelchair, grab a 40, and check it out

• Me too-I turned 30 today.
    Happy birthday, yo.

• yeah, i'm hoping the PBW set will be good...
    you should try to round up an old wheelchair, grab a 40, and check it out

Called the MOCA and they DO have wheelchairs to lend out.