dead prez info

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
my young scrappy work crew made a video using dead prez "be healthy"anyone know how i can contact them/their label to ge permission to use it?

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    good luck finding those folls. doods blend in with the hood, they definately camouflage. ive heard they have fake aliases (sp?) in MIA and NY, dodging the G.O.V....this was a few years ago though....

they are on COLUMBIA/SONY now, so contacting the label would probably be a good first step: http://www.sonymusic.com/licensing/contact/

• thanks gloom. you think the label would even have a problem/find out about that song from 5 years ago getting used for a high school nutrition program?

maybe my high school crew should just write to the fanclub?

it actually would be kind of funny if dead prez had a fan club... i could see them having soe kind of covert enlistment thing?!?!?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    thanks gloom. you think the label would even have a problem/find out about that song from 5 years ago getting used for a high school nutrition program?

Relativity but that out, and finding contact info on them would be difficult. I did a quick search and found nothing but a UK House label by the same name. Because its for a high school (non profit im assuming) i dont think they would have a problem with it even if they found out. The probability of them doing so is SLIM. And also im not sure who still owns the rights to that and the rest of the tracks on Lets Get Free, as DP jumped labels alot, so just the whole mess would be a hard thing to settle out. Not worth your hassle trying to track it down to clear for a small project such as this.

it actually would be kind of funny if dead prez had a fan club... i could see them having soe kind of covert enlistment thing?!?!?

there would definately be a boot camp involved...