Welcome Back Kotter (NRR)

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I was just watching reruns of the show yesterday, she was saying how she watched it when she immigrated to canada in the late 70s...i got introduced to it a few years back, i got to say, its got among the best opening sequences of any tv show, the song goes w/ the visuals...who sings it by the way, was it at woodstock or something? i dont know why but i have a feeling it was...horshack i feel reincarnated into son doobie from funkdoobiest, in terms of voice...i'd watch this sheit over the 70s show any day, but there's no dvd setsfeel free to hijack and discuss any old shows...i recently got the three's company dvds and my mouth dropped at the sextones in the humour, i was too young to understand it and just laughed at jack trippers slap stick getting hurt kinda humour...but damn, that show is a pioneer. i remember watching it with my dad and him getting pissed that mr roper would always look into the camera like he was doing a soliloquy sp? kind of thing. and mrs roper was the prototype for hot and bothered grannies like the one from golden girls and mona from whos the boss. and if there was no larry...there'd be no quagmire in family guy.ps: hey canadian homies, do you remember a show called "king of kensington"? yeah that "kensington" as in kensington market, there used to be a sitcom based there...i only saw one show, but i was wondering if that was an 80s or 70s thing...though im pretty sure it was dry, just seeing the old footage of the place is cool

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Hmm I don't remember that Canadian Show... I thought I was all up on my old school Canadian shows.

Anyways.. it's always been all about Degrassi for Canadian TV. I don't care if it's The Kids of Degrassi Street, Degrassi JR High, Degrassi High...

Though I've never watch the new one thats on now.

Does anyone remember this show?

It's Your Move???

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    Hmm I don't remember that Canadian Show... I thought I was all up on my old school Canadian shows.

Anyways.. it's always been all about Degrassi for Canadian TV. I don't care if it's The Kids of Degrassi Street, Degrassi JR High, Degrassi High...

Though I've never watch the new one thats on now.

Does anyone remember this show?

It's Your Move???

What you know about the Zit Remedy holmes? funny story about degrassi, "Snake" was working at stall at Canada's Wonderland and hit on my friend's sister. They looked at him, pointed at him and said "but you're Snake!haha" and laughed and walked away...thats cruel

yeah the kensington thing was a trip, cause i mean, who was watching canadian tv back then in such a specific demographic to watch/understand that. crazyness.

dont know the show you mentioned. u remember dear aunt agnes? awful awful show, almost convinced it was canadia, bad morph of mammas family

• rayray 77 Posts
    John Sebastian wrote Welcome Back Kotter

...."do you believe in maaaaagic"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

and if there was no larry...there'd be no quagmire in family guy.

Those Family Guy writers reference mad 70/80's tv shows.

What you know about the Zit Remedy holmes? funny story about degrassi, "Snake" was working at stall at Canada's Wonderland and hit on my friend's sister. They looked at him, pointed at him and said "but you're Snake!haha" and laughed and walked away...thats cruel

Wanna play Degrassi trivia eh???

How about this: A big Toronto DJ/Producer use to date a gurl from Degrassi for a number of years.

Zit Remedy eh???

"Everybody wants something..."

Right now I'm currently watching -

The Brady Bunch season 3
    Wonder Woman season 3

and waiting for Good Times season 5.......................................

Wanna play Degrassi trivia eh???

How about this: A big Toronto DJ/Producer use to date a gurl from Degrassi for a number of years.

Zit Remedy eh???

"Everybody wants something..."

dude, there is only one degrassi trivia fact i know and that is, Kish had the mullato chick (damn her name escapes me right now) in his I rhyme the world in 80 days video...but im guessing that's the girl you are referring to? no idea on the producer

dude, there is only one degrassi trivia fact i know and that is, Kish had the mullato chick (damn her name escapes me right now) in his I rhyme the world in 80 days video...but im guessing that's the girl you are referring to? no idea on the producer

No, that wasn't who I was talking about.

Ahh Lucy all up in that I Rhymed the World in 80 Dayz...

She was a cutie.

Then:

Now:

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Please don't call me Juan Epstein.

Please don't call me Juan Epstein.

It would be kewl to have your own action figure tho no?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    HAH! "Signed, Epstein's Mother." CLASSIC!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Up your nose with a rubber hose.

• 4 On The Floor, nuff said.

Up your nose with a rubber hose.

ahahaha

4 On The Floor, nuff said.

You mean like Mr. CanoeHead?

That shit was straight fire.. The eps with him under cover as the salad bar??

4 On The Floor, nuff said.

that was like the predecessor to kids in the hall right?

• I was just watching reruns of the show yesterday

Where at? What station is showing this?

• "Hi there."

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts

Jan Smithers shit

I was just watching reruns of the show yesterday

Where at? What station is showing this?

i'm toronto based...but on channel 58 at 8pm...most likely thats no help to you...but yeah, i've been fiending for the dvd set for ages, it doesnt exist yet which boggles me

• I LOVED this show.

"FIsh" was a spinoff of "Barney Miller" (also great). Look at cute lil' Todd Bridges.

I LOVED this show.

"FIsh" was a spinoff of "Barney Miller" (also great). Look at cute lil' Todd Bridges.

i think you're mistaken, that aint no todd bridges, that's a young Nas, taking a pic with the cast, just before the photoshoot for his album "illmatic"

related to the show "Fish" a funny line on family guy was when Cleveland said something like "They should have shown the show Fish before C.H.I.P.S., the marketing writes itself" now that's wit to the highest degree!

• rayray 77 Posts
    Great show. Good theme song, too. Not quite as good as Barney's but pretty good.

Abe Vigoda reminds me of my grandfather.
    It always bothers me when they kill Tessio in the Godfather...I always shout at the screen, "don't peel that orange!"

"Hi there."

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts