it's a new day......more on CTI (RR)

Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
some stuff I don't know which one is a good listen ? discuss ........

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

OK. But not one to hunt after. It's just OK. I don't dig that album. He has better records... the one on rca is better imo.

not quite... he recorded better stuff

I got this (it's on kudu, not cti) some years ago and was kinda happy! I expected something big. in fact it's kinda mediocre. i got mine cheap, due to a water damaged cover. don't spend too much on it. you'll be dissappointed.

• some stuff I don't know

which one is a good listen ? discuss ........

This record has a nice couple minutes on it. Dollar bin yes any more would be .

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    some stuff I don't know

sayin'!

• some stuff I don't know

sayin'!

Sayin' there arn't really any songs on the album i like to listen to the whole way through. There are a few good moments that sound really dope, but thats about it.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    some stuff I don't know

sayin'!

Sayin' there arn't really any songs on the album i like to listen to the whole way through. There are a few good moments that sound really dope, but thats about it.

cant really recall any dope shit on this one, later cti's tend to be weak, this is 1977, I dig steigs output, quite a few dope records, not this one though.... the only thing I like about this is the cover, newyork subway train with throwups, graffiti always look dope on 70's record covers!

• Mama Wailer is a great album. The blow out version of Stand is a killer work out. I would snag it if you come accross one.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

I got this (it's on kudu, not cti) some years ago and was kinda happy! I expected something big. in fact it's kinda mediocre. i got mine cheap, due to a water damaged cover. don't spend too much on it. you'll be dissappointed.

Just listening to it again. I was wrong. The record is pretty good. Sorry for the confusion. Make sure to check out Mama Wailer. It's good!

• Make your life easy and stick to anything that is CTI 6000-6060 + a few kudus.
    Then start spending more than 5$ on records.
    Then find the SUITCASE[/b] and trade it to ya old boy here for a few more kudu's and a kudos bar.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Make your life easy and stick to anything that is CTI 6000-6060 + a few kudus.
    Then start spending more than 5$ on records.
    Then find the SUITCASE[/b] and trade it to ya old boy here for a few more kudu's and a kudos bar.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    what is this "suitcase"?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Mama Wailer is the only dope of one of all of those

• near mythical promo item, a cti suitcase stuffed with??? cti records? cti art/posters/promo photos? creed taylors toe nail clippings? mardi gras 12"s? did this shit really exist? anyone know how many or what the contents really were?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    near mythical promo item, a cti suitcase stuffed with??? cti records? cti art/posters/promo photos? creed taylors toe nail clippings? mardi gras 12"s? did this shit really exist? anyone know how many or what the contents really were?

Not sure if 2 different things are getting mixed up............

CTI did sell a LP briefcase that had CTI logo's all over it like Louie Vaton (SP?). You sent in some prrofs of purchase and a few bucks and got it. Never seen one, but it would be cool to have on if it was in good shape.

The other "suitcase" is the promo pack rumored to be owned my Biz Markie. This is the source of the 12" Mardi Grais without the bells that everyone loves to speculate about. Biz says it was a carboard looking suitcase with all kinds of promo stuff....... the prize being the 12". No one really believes him. At this point it should be a Wax Poetics article.....Egon gets Biz to show us the suitcase. Until I see it I don't believe it.

• Either will be fine and will earn you some RAER Hank Crawford Kudu joints AND a Chipwich Kudos bar from your old Uncle Thester there bwoy!

If your lucky I'll throw in the only snickers bar ever made without peanuts that came in a promotional only mars candy box filled with other candy bars.

• ........ some RAER Hank Crawford Kudu joints .....:

speakin of which.........his better album with the creed taylor companies ? discuss.....

• I think this is waaaaaaay better than any CTI lps I've heard yet. Anybody else?

just wondering, but why are you so into CTI records? most of them are no good

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    why are you so into CTI records? most of them are no good

Zen digging!

I dig, but do not listen to what I have dug.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I think this is waaaaaaay better than any CTI lps I've heard yet. Anybody else?

If I see Airto's name anywhere on an LP I pretty much know to avoid that schitt.

If I see Airto's name anywhere on an LP I pretty much know to avoid that schitt.

this album is great IMO

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Not saying that he's necessarily wack, just that he seems to have been unerringly drawn to wack schitt.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    If your lucky I'll throw in the only snickers bar ever made without peanuts that came in a promotional only mars candy box filled with other candy bars.

oh shit. i've heard of this. the box has ultra-super-limited-edition-mega-rare artwork by sheppard fairey. i'll see if i can look up the runout groove serial bar code #.

ah shucky ducky.

• Please to find out about this. I own the only known copy of said candy bar but am thinking about reissuing it. Anyone have any ideas for a label? I am already working on the new liner notes:

Protein 6 g, Sugars 13g etc. etc.

I mean, I want to share this with all the candy diggers, ya know? It is definately a face melter.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

It is definately a face melter.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

this album is great IMO

I remember seeing that shit as a wall record at tsl when i was an infant digger. I was hyped to find it, but then ehhh...

dope album cover though.

• Anyone have any ideas for a label? I am already working on the new liner notes:

Protein 6 g, Sugars 13g etc. etc.
    snickers - peanuts =

• Zen digging!

I dig, but do not listen to what I have dug.

hahahahahahahahahahaha that was a good one.

• Late to this post, but has anyone seen the CTI posters that are advertised in the insert of many of the records? They claim you could order a large format poster of the record cover for $3 or so. Never seen one on ebay or in any shop. Would love a Moon Germs or Canned Funk...

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Late to this post, but has anyone seen the CTI posters that are advertised in the insert of many of the records? They claim you could order a large format poster of the record cover for $3 or so. Never seen one on ebay or in any shop. Would love a Moon Germs or Canned Funk...

$1,5

There's a thread somewhere in the "LET A HEATROCK LOOSE??" section...
    wait...
    > HERE < it is.
    Pz

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts