America's next top model season premier

Comments

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I like Bre too. And the lesbian.

but the sad/funny thing about this shit is NONE of the ANTM winners have gone on to be anything resembling a "top model". The New York Times had a fu nny article about how all the contestants are actually too fat/old to be runway models. Sad but true.

• I like Bre too. And the lesbian.

but the sad/funny thing about this shit is NONE of the ANTM winners have gone on to be anything resembling a "top model". The New York Times had a fu nny article about how all the contestants are actually too fat/old to be runway models. Sad but true.

It seems like all supermodels are discovered at 9 years old selling fruit on a street corner in the Czech Republic...

Anyway, ANTM does lead to short-lived career as a cameo actor on one of UPN's award-winning shows.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    yea hthe premise of the program is totally

you think lagerfeld is gonna hire some chick cause she won ANTM and tyra likes her??

these girls only hope is a career on reality TV (see winner from 1st season) and endless spreads in Jane, Seventeen, Elle Girl.

that said this is hands down the ugliest batch yet. i can see no clear winner.

Bre - has the product voiceover sex vamp voice but she has zero personality and less confidence.

Kim - strong contender. She has that UGLY model thing down pat plus she seems the most likely to snort rows of blow off kate moss' man chest.

linda - she's out waaaaay too old, nutty. Did she pee herself or what?? they were kinda vague about that???

Jayla - she's got the bitch attitude on lock down... agai na strong contender as a result.. she has the look of a girl you'd seeo n the cover of YM downpat and that's the market this show is really aimed at.

the only other contender is the ari head girl next door chick... can't remember her name.. she has that kinda clowny dorky geena davis look going on.. she seems the most moldable in a photgraphic sense.. and again she has the target demo sewn up.

additionally i wonder how much longer till the playboy "girls of ANTM issue" featuring the blind chick from last season, big lipped girl from this one and a bunch of other girls nobody remembers.

sadly that could be the only type of spread these chicks will likely be doing anytime soon.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

Anyway, ANTM does lead to short-lived career as a cameo actor on one of UPN's award-winning shows.
    damn they try to push that "veronica mars" every chance they get.

• I can't believe you guys watch this show.

• i love Bre! she is so cute, sassy and witty. Calling the lesbian out for talking shit about everyone was awesome. Kim starts crying and Bre gets into no nonsense mode "Just work on it, okay? Okay okay okay come to mama..." and lets kim cry on her shoulder while she powders kim's tears! WTF? that shit was so funny. i can't believe this girl is 19.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I need some junk food with my veggies. I was out watching I am Cuba - who got kicked off?

please say it was Lisa.

• Lisa, the 24 year old who wore a diaper and peed her pants last episode.

• I need some junk food with my veggies. I was out watching I am Cuba - who got kicked off?

please say it was Lisa.

it was lisa

Lisa, the 24 year old who wore a diaper and peed her pants last episode.

wha?

wha?

You didn't see the episode with them dudes from Jackass? Even Steve-O thought it was nasty.

wha?

she put on a diaper and peed in front of everyone during a shoot. everyone was disgusted. bre got up and then in her 'confessional' she said something about how non-insane people don't go to their place of work and piss in front of their coworkers.

instant classic

• Bre's prize for winning the passport photo competition was weak: Dinner with random English Gentleman. Dinner looked really boring.

omigosh, no i did not see that episode. i am such a poser with this ANTM thing.

• omigosh, no i did not see that episode. i am such a poser with this ANTM thing.

Watch all the episodes or you're soft.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    Bre's prize for winning the passport photo competition was weak: Dinner with random English Gentleman. Dinner looked really boring.

yea wtf?
    that was totally pointless. maybe fun for tv producers to mash up harlem and english twittery?

• Not that I watch this shit but....

bump.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Not that I watch this shit but....

FIERCE

• slushslush 691 Posts
    last night i tried to tap into the american collective conscious by watching ANTM and eating a burger king whopper. I could feel the energy coursing through my veins. and passing through my digestive system

i dunno man everyone was saying how busted they were... that pee girl was scary but i thought these girls were pretty hot? They look pretty sexy walking down a runway like that... The girl that won added my friend to myspace. So really she is just destined to be a myspace whore, where she has to REALLY compete with other girls.

we watched it over dinner too (veggie burgers with side of noodles). the last five minutes, Man says 'you know the white girl is gonna win'. i said yea in disgust and switched it off. just as well - isn't winning ANTM proving to be a bit of a career killer?

• slushslush 691 Posts
    (veggie burgers with side of noodles).

that was wise. i feel like ive been wounded today. america how do you eat such things as a whopper

• project runway >>>>> antm

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    winning ANTM
    a career killer

project runway >>>>> antm

no cable at my house

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Yeah, my girl told me that two black girls won the past two years. I knew the black chick wouldn't win once I knew that and I noticed they had nothing bad to say about her until the actual deliberation. TV's so predictable. I went back to watching MTV Jams. I can't get enough of the same 5 Southern rap videos playing every hour.

Both are classics in my household but project runway is a little more sophisticated. Plus Heidi Klum doesn't look like a drag queen.

Both are classics in my household but project runway is a little more sophisticated. Plus Heidi Klum doesn't look like a drag queen.

true. i think the main reason why i watch antm is because it's trashy, thanks to crazy tyra. i think she has Narcissistic Personality Disorder

i do miss Janice Dickinson though - holy shit she would be a lot of fun to get drunk with and then the fun would end when she gets kicked out of every place we go to.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    i do miss Janice Dickinson though - holy shit she would be a lot of fun to get drunk with and then the fun would end when she gets kicked out of every place we go to.

so true

that lady is like trainwrecked DEFINED

i like project runway cause its kinda like hi pressure arts and crafts with a healthy dosage of fabulous

• slushslush 691 Posts

true. i think the main reason why i watch antm is because it's trashy, thanks to crazy tyra. i think she has Narcissistic Personality Disorder

i got into this show based on the sheer absurdity factor. Like the crazy obvious product placement, the dumb girls who have never heard of the term bollywood, and the panel of judges who lay into these girls like Narcissistic tendencies are the mildest of their disorders. Its fascinating. Everytime i watched it i felt like i had been transported to a different planet (no planet)