Messed up Katrina related email.

z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
A friend of mine just forwarded this to me. damn. I don't even know where to begin.Subject: Things I have learned from watching the TV news duringthe lasteight days> Things I have learned from watching the TV news during thelast eight> days:>> 1) The hurricane only hit black people's property.>> 2) New Orleans was devastated and no other city was affectedby the> hurricane.>> 3) Mississippi is reported to have a tree blown down.>> 4) New Orleans has no white people.>> 5) The hurricane blew a limb off a tree in the yard of anAlabama> resident.>> 6) When you are hungry after a hurricane, steal a big screenTV.>> 7) The hurricane did 23 billion dollars in improvements toNew Orleans.>> 8) New Orleans is welfare, looter, and gang free, and nowthey are in your> city.>> 9) White folks don't make good news stories.>> 10) Don't give thanks to the thousands that came to helprescue you,> instead bitch because the government hasn't given you a$2000 debit> card> yet.>> 11) Only black family members got separated in the hurricanerescue> efforts.>> 12) Ignore warnings to evacuate and the white folks will comeget you and> give you money for being stupid.>> 13) The only way it could have been worse was to be white.>

Comments

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    fuck people.

• That's fucked up, but if you've seen Fox News in the last 3 weeks they've been pushing that agenda, subtly and not so subtly...

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    btw - you should change all that and start forwarding a new verion around.

• fuck racist people.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    fuck racist people.

good call

• dayday 9,612 Posts

ok, i'm done.

• fuck racist people.

THIS AIN'T AMERICA IS IT?

WHERE COULD I BE?[/b]

fuck fuck fuck

• Options
    That's fucked up, but if you've seen Fox News in the last 3 weeks they've been pushing that agenda, subtly and not so subtly...

If you listen to the current Rita coverage, the people in charge in Texas are doing everything they can to point out how differently they are doing things than the people in New Orleans did.

Instead of simply saying they are evacuating people, they are pointing out "We are evacuating all of our people instead of having 40,000 people left behind to be rescued later. We are making sure our sick and elderly are out instead of leaving them behind. We have a plan in place and making sure it is getting done".

On the surface, there really is nothing wrong with what they are saying when you read the text. But if you listen to the way it is being said, it is almost like they are attacking the New Orleans leadership.

One thing though, what I'm pointing out here is focused on state government vs. state government, not focused on whites dissing blacks. Might be in the wrong thread, but the fox news thing reminded me of what I've been hearing all day.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    If you listen to the current Rita coverage, the people in charge in Texas are doing everything they can to point out how differently they are doing things than the people in New Orleans did.

Instead of simply saying they are evacuating people, they are pointing out "We are evacuating all of our people instead of having 40,000 people left behind to be rescued later. We are making sure our sick and elderly are out instead of leaving them behind. We have a plan in place and making sure it is getting done".

On the surface, there really is nothing wrong with what they are saying when you read the text. But if you listen to the way it is being said, it is almost like they are attacking the New Orleans leadership.

Well, it's primarily grist for Republican v. Democrat stuff. It could be, "We learned from the mistakes made during Katrina and don't want to repeat those mistakes," but the real subtext to those statements is, "See what an effective job this Republican state government is doing? Certainly better than that crappy Democrat state government!" Believe me, dipshit Republicans (not to be confused with decent Republicans) have already picked up that ball and started sprinting toward the goal line with it.