box set wishlist (compact discs)

2»

Comments

• I thought this thread was about box sets you'd like to see released.

that's welcome too, i was kinda thinking that when i made the title.

• anyone have the PET SOUNDS box? i think that would be nice to have, so you can hear inside all those tracks.

I have it. CD trade?

• I've been meaning to get it for ages... after the new release I've given up hope on ever seeing a SMILE sessions box though...

But there are a number of bootleg box sets for Smile[/b], I have a 4CD one.

• velvet underground would be interesting

That's a very good one too.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    anyone have the PET SOUNDS box? i think that would be nice to have, so you can hear inside all those tracks.

I have it. CD trade?

best thing about that box, is you can make yourself an instrumental version of Pet Sounds and play it for fols.

in general, i hate box sets. mostly overblown/over priced hits jawns. e.g. 4 discs=1 early WTF disc and 2 good/great ones and 1 last disc that makes you cringe and never want to get old.

but there are some "complete" type jawns that have serious historical value, but as much as I think Thelonious Monk is God, I really need to feel specially moody to hear 8 versions of "Nutty".

--and maybe those versions din't come out for good reason?

• OK, here are some other ideas:::

SST records[/b]

Black Flag[/b]

great idea! dont get me wrong, I love Greg Ginn, but you would of thought he would have tried to squeeze every dollar out of his acts by doing this a while ago...

but I didnt think he had the rights to some of the bigger/better acts anymore...Sonic Youth, Meat Puppets, etc...but you could still make a kick ass box set out of just the Minutemen, Husker, Flag, etc...

• (CD trades, anyone?)

check your PMs

• Can[/b]

this also already exists.

• Your PM is locked, I can't reply to the PM you sent me.