Looking for hip hop videos

33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone have a collection/full screen videos? Can be taped off the tv etc. and can I get copies? Please to PM me.

Comments

• anyone?

• I am serious peoples... anyone got any?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    man i got a bunch on tape but i don't have them digitized or whatever if that's what you're asking.

• That works, I'll hit you on the PM

• I've got a few VHS's full from the last few years. Lots of stuff that aired on UnCut too!! Hit me on PM and ket me know a little bit more about what you are looking for...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    any of you guys see that set of too short videos where one has him rapping on black and white film really young looking, and the other one where some guy that looks like suge knight plays his dad? them are classics...

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    So this week a box with 15 DVDs of nothing but 88-98 Rap videos... watching Mad Lion - Take it Easy right now... this is what is up.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Don't forget this BBC hip-hopumentary from way way on way back in the days of 1984.

Gary Byrd flossing some innimitable linguistic malarkey and dropping heavy science on the origins of the elements we have all come to know and love.

The History Of Hippety Hop

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    So this week a box with 15 DVDs of nothing but 88-98 Rap videos... watching Mad Lion - Take it Easy right now... this is what is up.

yeah i got em too. sick huh?

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    There are a lot of classic and obscure videos on the file sharing networks, especially direct connect.

Last ones I've got:

Common Sense - Ressurection and Ultramag - Poppa Large.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    My cousin has hundreds of hip hop vids. Hes on soulseek & his user name is ex29. Get on soulseek & downlaod em from him.

• you mean you return PM's but not phone calls???? LOL

holla - I got mad videos from 85-96. All are direct copes from the labels.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

yeah i got em too. sick huh?

Sick is not the right word... Unreal. I sat from about 6PM until around midnight just flipping from DVD to video, to Video to DVD... ah memories.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    My cousin has hundreds of hip hop vids. Hes on soulseek & his user name is ex29. Get on soulseek & downlaod em from him.
    will he ban me?

I've been trying to find really good vids since I'm so behind. A dude on slsk recommended Outkast, The Roots, PUTS, and LOTUG.

I saw ATLienz and that was ho-hum.
    TROY was pretty good...Humpty Dance pretty good.

"Put It On" was good just to see Big L rapping.

DWYCK was kinda lame, but Guru's outfit was worth it.

Scenario was pretty good.

besides that, I've only seen whats on the "Hate Your Moms" series and some really random joints (Brooklyn Zoo, Christmas in Hollis (a good Run DMC vid), Method Man, You Must Learn, and a couple old school joints including a surprisingly good -in a cheezy way- UTFO vid)

please help. what are the Best of the best?

• please help. what are the Best of the best?

Those would be here

Fanatical Dutch guy doing at least one episode of "Beats, Rhymes and Videotape" a week. Check out this week's Main Source / Large Pro special with nine[/b] videos...

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    M*tt... yo, i know i got some, circa 92-93 i think (been a while since I looked at them). Recorded straight from YO! Mtv Raps... The years may be a little off but I just gotta dig em up, email or PM me...

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    will he ban me?
    I dont think so as long as u have a bit of stuff to share & dont take loads at a time. Jus browse his folders & take a few at a time. Hes been downloadin em for some time now so he has quite a big collection from old rap stuff, crazy george clinton stuff & soul stuff to modern day rap too. Any probs jus tell him i sent u.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    hah word. thats a good look. i only download one vid at a time. i'm slowly building on ones to share. i got "My Minds Playing Tricks on Me" (classic) and "Peer Pressure" (good just to see very young Prodigy & Havoc with sickles) this morning

and good lookin on the links...i hadn't noticed vids before on VinylAddicts!