Beware This Toy (ebay bidder related)

kidinquisitivekidinquisitive 1,627 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Here's one to add to the blocked bidder list for anyone who sells on ebay: soul_syndrome. He/She won an auction for a 45 I was selling yesterday and then I get this message today: "hi,my name is andrea. i'm very sorry for you because my little boy have bid a large amount of money on this your 45 and it doesn't have the possibility to pay it.. he have confused the money change. i'm VERY sorry, if you can, accept my apologies. i can pay you all the ebay fees."That's a mighty strange little boy if his idea of fun is bidding on obscure soul 45s. Whatever happened to baseball cards and Transformers. Whatevs, now I'm just hoping the second highest bidder is still interested in the record.

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Is the fact that many countries use a comma instead of a decimal the reason some of these happen?

• Is the fact that many countries use a comma instead of a decimal the reason some of these happen?

I kind of doubt it. The bidder has over 300 transactions on her feedback and she's been registered on ebay for 5 years so I think she's just a pathetic little toy.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Is the fact that many countries use a comma instead of a decimal the reason some of these happen?
    I kind of doubt it. The bidder has over 300 transactions on his feedback and he's been registered on ebay for 5 years so I think he's just a pathetic little toy.

See that's the mother's account, though, which the little kid used to bid on your record.

About two years ago a friend got an e-mail something like this: "My son outbid you on an auction that has not yet closed, and he does not have money to pay for the item. His maximum bid is $55--I am e-mailing you to ask that you please outbid him"

• Is the fact that many countries use a comma instead of a decimal the reason some of these happen?
    I kind of doubt it. The bidder has over 300 transactions on his feedback and he's been registered on ebay for 5 years so I think he's just a pathetic little toy.

See that's the mother's account, though, which the little kid used to bid on your record.

About two years ago a friend got an e-mail something like this: "My son outbid you on an auction that has not yet closed, and he does not have money to pay for the item. His maximum bid is $55--I am e-mailing you to ask that you please outbid him"

Well, that's if you take her email at face value. Again, what "little kid" is really going to be bidding on an RDM Band 45? Anyway, I'm just glad I didn't get hit with some bullshit chargebacks ala the Ravi situation.

• ala the Ravi situation.

whatever happened with that anyways?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Well, that's if you take her email at face value. Again, what "little kid" is really going to be bidding on an RDM Band 45? Anyway, I'm just glad I didn't get hit with some bullshit chargebacks ala the Ravi situation.

I'm just playing--I agree that the e-mail is a ridiculous attempt to mislead you.

I'm just playing--I agree that the e-mail is a ridiculous attempt to mislead you.

Ahhh, OK, I need to recalibrate my sarcasm meter or something. My bad.

• One time I got a check from a bidders father a few weeks late with a note. It said he spent more than he could afford and the father wanted to make good on the bid, so he will work off the amount in chores.

• ala the Ravi situation.

whatever happened with that anyways?

he sent back checks to all the people he had ganked. i cashed it maybe 10 days ago with no problems so i guess it is resolved.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    my favorite ebay "mom" cop out ever - i once won an auction of about 100+ hip hop tapes for something like $25. a lot of mid-late 90s west coast backpacker shit (including a Radio Sole i was planning on flipping). it was one of those situations where dude must've known i was getting that shit for super cheap. he was just too stupid to put up a reserve. after a few days of him ignoring my contact i get an email from the sellers "mom" telling me that her son was in a near fatal car accident and the tapes just so happened to be in the car with him.

"mom... i've been in a terrible accident... meet me at the hospital... but first... alert this ebay bidder... his rap tapes... are... ruined"

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    my favorite ebay "mom" cop out ever - i once won an auction of about 100+ hip hop tapes for something like $25. a lot of mid-late 90s west coast backpacker shit (including a Radio Sole i was planning on flipping). it was one of those situations where dude must've known i was getting that shit for super cheap. he was just too stupid to put up a reserve. after a few days of him ignoring my contact i get an email from the sellers "mom" telling me that her son was in a near fatal car accident and the tapes just so happened to be in the car with him.

"mom... i've been in a terrible accident... meet me at the hospital... but first... alert this ebay bidder... his rap tapes... are... ruined"

Holy shit, that's low. I'd have sent him/her a get-well soon card. On the I'm-sorry-your-"son"-almost-died-but-thanks-for-immediately-thinking-of-our-auction" tip.

• Seller Related:

Is this where we call motherfuckers out on their scams? I am glad to find a place like this...

here's my beef:

Jay Sanders

20thcenturybag

*** www.djgeneraleclectic.com ***

*** www.ducktape.ca ***

*** www.highergroundradio.com ***

This mother fucker never sent my fucking record to me and kept my money. Beware of his bullshit.

• OK, I just found out this Soul Syndrome person posts on soulstrut, usually in the trades/wants section. My advice would be to steer clear of them, unless you enjoy getting jerked around.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    OK, I just found out this Soul Syndrome person posts on soulstrut, usually in the trades/wants section. My advice would be to steer clear of them, unless you enjoy getting jerked around.

Yeah...what was the issue with him again? Wasn't there a thread a few months ago? I read the part above.

• OK, I just found out this Soul Syndrome person posts on soulstrut, usually in the trades/wants section. My advice would be to steer clear of them, unless you enjoy getting jerked around.

Yeah...what was the issue with him again? The name seemed infamously familiar.

My issue with her was the subject of the first post in this thread. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else got burned by her in the past though.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    OK, I just found out this Soul Syndrome person posts on soulstrut, usually in the trades/wants section. My advice would be to steer clear of them, unless you enjoy getting jerked around.

My issue with her was the subject of the first post in this thread. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else got burned by her in the past though.

I swear there was an alert on her within the last few months.

I swear there was an alert on her within the last few months.

Found it. Jinx had this to say about her recently:

"or cats who tell me they want a record that i have for set sale and then weeks later after multiple PMs they get back to you and say "oh i just got one. sorry." (not posted for soul_syndrome... though quite some time passed there partner)"

• Seller Related:

Is this where we call motherfuckers out on their scams? I am glad to find a place like this...

here's my beef:

Jay Sanders
    20thcenturybag

*** www.djgeneraleclectic.com ***
    *** www.ducktape.ca ***
    *** www.highergroundradio.com ***

This mother fucker never sent my fucking record to me and kept my money. Beware of his bullshit.

J occasionally posts on soulstrut; his username is paulestyrene. I know him to be a good guy, so maybe there's a way to resolve this?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Paulestyrene is a cool dude from all accounts - has he gotten back to u at all or offered explainations?

h