Beatnut Appreciation Thread

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
One of my favorite groups of all time and pretty much my first series of OH SHI* samples on the first (street level) LP Rass, Serge, Honky Tonk, etc.

Comments

• One of my favorite groups of all time and pretty much my first series of OH SHI* samples on the first (street level) LP

Rass, Serge, Honky Tonk, etc.

• my cellphone ring is hellraiser.. nuff said.
    Cot damn! My favorite shit was 'Story'.

• I mean Jesus - they fricken put a Latino children's classic at the beginning of jazzberry Patch and made us all think it was a kid's record !!!!!!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    One of my favorite groups of all time and pretty much my first series of OH SHI* samples on the first (street level) LP

cosign. not only are the beats ridiculous, but anyone who can make like six albums rapping only about smoking herb, fucking bitches, getting drunk, and toting guns is

they are some of the all-time greats.

• I mean Jesus - they fricken put a Latino children's classic at the beginning of jazzberry Patch and made us all think it was a kid's record !!!!!!

not even funny.

lady in cement????!?!?!?!?!?!?! my favorite on there

the sons was killin it too

• One of my favorite groups of all time and pretty much my first series of OH SHI* samples on the first (street level) LP

cosign. not only are the beats ridiculous, but anyone who can make like six albums rapping only about smoking herb, fucking bitches, getting drunk, and toting guns is

and crashing up cars

• "I scratch my ass when it itches"

then ju's got that weird moment of clarity where he's talking about "n****s feed their ego but dont feed theyre children." all up in the club moeting it, acting like allah aint sweatin it.

• Yo Thes, when you going to make a collabo happen? Wouldn't really be a stretch, would it? Records and the good life, yahm?

then ju's got that weird moment of clarity where he's talking about "n****s feed their ego but dont feed theyre children." all up in the club moeting it, acting like allah aint sweatin it.

you talking about the one w/ deadprez? that beat was hot.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    "I make bitches make me sandwiches, & scratch my ass when it itches"

personal favs are "let off a couple" & "third of the trio"

you dudes cop the instrumental lps they pressed themselves on the low........for the ep and s/t lp. I love them records....

• Thanks for the props D but neither me nor K are on that level. And that's real talk and respect. I owe alot to listening to them dudes production-wise. BTW what the hell is Stone Crazy OG? Pm me if ya know..

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    my cellphone ring is hellraiser.. nuff said.

I've got the cassette of the first album in my Walkman as I type this. It's never too far out of rotation because it's fucking phenomenal. Also, Psycho Les is one of the funniest rappers of all time.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    favourite beatnuts rmxs

Jomanda "I Like It"
    Da Lench Mob "Ain't Got No Class"
    MC Lyte "Ruffneck"
    Chi-Ali "Funky Lemonade"

• Also, Psycho Les is one of the funniest rappers of all time.

Also, Psycho Les is one of the funniest rappers of all time.

Also, Psycho Les is one of the funniest rappers of all time.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    the source only gave intoxicated demons 3 mics because of said lyrical deficiency. Yet if you listen to comparable albums of that time, lyrically intoxicated demons surely stood out much better than most if not all albums from 93.

• fuck the Source.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    to this day, I still don't know the guitar sample for that white label "We Came Here aka HASS". It's the one w/ the Roxanne Shante hook.

little dudeness

• the source only gave intoxicated demons 3 mics because of said lyrical deficiency. Yet if you listen to Kanye West[/b] or lil kim[/b], lyrically intoxicated demons surely stands out much better.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I cut them slack, I liked the jon shecter/reginnald dennis mind squad days.

they gave ressurrection 3.5 mics if I recall............citing poor production for the lower grade.

haha

ps: relativity was my favourite label back then....

They don't do that.

They make bitches do that for them.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Stone Crazy is CRIMINALLY slept on.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    oui oui.......try to find the canadian promo press of that album, it's on double vinyl instead of the us single.

here's a drink clink clink

• favourite beatnuts rmxs

Jomanda "I Like It"
    Da Lench Mob "Ain't Got No Class"
    MC Lyte "Ruffneck"
    Chi-Ali "Funky Lemonade"

No ID "State To State"
    Lin Que "Rip It Up"
    Common "Soul by the Pound"
    Da Youngstas "Wild Child" (yeah, I said it....)
    Justice System "Dedication to Bambaataa" (flamenco mix)

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Throwing bodies off boats...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

• relativity was my favourite label back then....

They don't do that.

They make bitches do that for them.
    Oh yeah, thank you.

• Beatnuts first couple of LPs =

Seriously some of my favorite shit evar.

But let's be real here: Last 3-4 LPs have been serious

One or two SERIOUS burners in the last few years but not really complete albums at all.

• Yeah, Beatnuts early work is awesome. I wish more DJs played their stuff out here.

Their sample selection even today is still pretty bugged though. If they've contributed anything, it would be... "Yo, chill out and just listen to the whole record bitch!"