Diamond D Appreciation Thread

Comments

• C'mon man, who else can skip to thier loo like Napolean at Waterloo?

Leave the Les and Ju out of this!

Cosign on Gather Round killer loop sunglasses right there.

• "gather round"= one of his best songs. great bassline (anyone else use that?) great lyrics.

you don't know many times I've checked the "Heart" section of record stores for that sample.

• "Hatred Passions & Infidelity" was such a disappointment
    "THIS ONE RIGHT MOTHERFUCKING HERE"
    I still fuck with "No Wundah" and a couple others, but yeah, pretty much. I only have the promo wax version, which doesn't have any interludes, but I remember someone saying one of my favorite breaks from AEIOU 2 (the scatty doo wop-ish one) was used as an interlude on here. Are there between song tracks on the CD, or was dude just thinking of something else?

Also, to bring this a different kind of full circle; I similarly only had the wax version of Question in the form of an Answer, and only recently heard the interludes/skits (including that smooth version of Scaborough Fair at the beginning). Nice stuff.

• i'm real surprised he gets so much love despite how terrible of a rapper he is. IMO, he ruined his great beats because his voice and god-awful flow are too annoying to listen to. i feel the same way of a lot of tracks on 'intoxicated demons,' so maybe i'm missing something.

youre definitely missing something
    dont make me throw out early beatnuts lyrics

diamond = by far, best producer on the mic

• but I remember someone saying one of my favorite breaks from AEIOU 2 (the scatty doo wop-ish one) was used as an interlude on here.

howd it go?

• but I remember someone saying one of my favorite breaks from AEIOU 2 (the scatty doo wop-ish one) was used as an interlude on here.
    The sample source was Lee Dorsey-Occapella. The song was an interlude on Stunts, Blunts and Hip-Hop (either side 3 or side 4).

• hiatus projects gather round & never are good songs, but Hatred Passions Infidelity is hard to listen to straight through.

SB&HH i listen to from start to

I'm so confused
    I don't know what to do
    I'm so confused, baby
    I'm so confused
    I don't know what to do
    About me and you

then jump back in at freestyle (that's that shit)----which is one of the best 1-bar loops of all time IMO.

• Beatnuts "roll up on you like sleeves" and "bury that ass where god can't even find you" - classic.

The sample source was Lee Dorsey-Occapella. The song was an interlude on Stunts, Blunts and Hip-Hop (either side 3 or side 4).

that shit is craaaaaaaaazy. "yo this is the big motherfucking L..."

right before CHeck 1,2

• Beatnuts "roll up on you like sleeves" and "bury that ass where god can't even find you" - classic.
    Damn, you taking me back!

that shit is craaaaaaaaazy. "yo this is the big motherfucking L..."

right before CHeck 1,2

yeah, you're right, it's "Comments from Big L and Showbiz." You caught me sleeping....

yeah, you're right, it's "Comments from Big L and Showbiz." You caught me sleeping....
    that's the name of that interlude. thanks.

wicked psycho running through the woods, sticking up beatniks, robbing all goods, brrrr stick em , ha nobody move, i gotta ten inch blade check it out it cuts smoothe smoothe, yo i dont get upset, i jig a hole in youre stomach pull it out then i jet,

made of nerf, fuckin shit is what theyre worth.
    im fuckin hookers from each borough, since im not annie dont expect me to love you tommorrow.

beatnuts used to have endless lyrics

tanqueray with lemon
    ice with the tonic
    water
    place an order for a sandwich bag of chronic

wicked psycho running through the woods, sticking up beatniks, robbing all goods, brrrr stick em , ha nobody move, i gotta ten inch blade check it out it cuts smoothe smoothe, yo i dont get upset, i jig a hole in youre stomach pull it out then i jet,

made of nerf, fuckin shit is what theyre worth.

im fuckin hookers from each borough, since im not annie dont expect me to love you tommorrow.

tanqueray with lemon

ice with the tonic

water

place an order for a sandwich bag of chronic

It's time for the Beatnuts appreciation thread...

reason for edit: forgot to put the word appreciation before thread

• didnt mean to hijack

i think i listened to diamond & beatnuts exclusively for about 15 months

• Buying old records is a habit... But if I -

• Not a hijack, just sayin' it's time for a Beatnuts appreciation thread.

• pknypkny 549 Posts

I'll have ya singin' like New Edition "Is this the end?"

I love how Ego Trip mag did a full page photo thing in a graveyard around that line.

• whcih brings us back to:

i got more props than a cop called mcgarret

• jays studio is the lab.
    but the session was closed caus ei heard you gotta big nose
    try to sniff out the name
    you lack originality and thats a damn shame..........

• dont front...

• i know i got you open...

• like a pack of tokens...

• he scared me on that digging crates thing
    Yo A, you gotta watch shit again. Dude's got jokes. What's even funnier is he's mad sweaty (ayo?) during the interview.

Yeah... Beatdawg, shoulda been like "hold up for a second, man... here, have a paper towel" or something. That's my man right thurr... Diamond, DJ S&S and a few others used to always lamp at my table at the old NYC record shows and kick it for hours.

You have GOT to watch the deep crates shit on 2x speed, it is classic.

You can play King Erisson and "Have A Nice Day"

• yo i'll pull your coat ends

• Runnin back thinkin' of a counter-attack

• we gonna do something about this shit tonight

• I always like his production work on the alkaholics Let it Out, on the fugees the score, and KRS-ONE build you skillz.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    That lines that goes:

"I hop to it like a kangaroo"

always makes me snicker.

D is/was one of the dopest...