Hello, I am Small.

CommonwealthCommonwealth 27 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Yo. Im new. I thought I would give greetings before I started posting. The information on here is dope and the Katrina Heat Rock thing is amazing indeed. I've been digging for records and scratchin a couple of em up for about six years and plan on doing it for life. I look forward to getting as well as sharing some good (and bad) musical knowledge.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    What do you mean you are small?

• welcome commonwealth. let us know if you find some breakbeatraer.
    peace, stein. . .

• Yo. Im new. I thought I would give greetings before I started posting. The information on here is dope and the Katrina Heat Rock thing is amazing indeed. I've been digging for records and scratchin a couple of em up for about six years and plan on doing it for life. I look forward to getting as well as sharing some good (and bad) musical knowledge.

Just kidding. Welcome aboard, from one little dude to another.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Maybe that's his name. It's capitalized so could be.

I would change my name if it was Small Johnson.

• I saw Magic Johnson today. Really.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I saw Magic's Johnson today. Really.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

Maybe that's his name. It's capitalized so could be.

I would change my name if it was Small Johnson.
    Awesome

• Options
    Welcome, Commonwealth.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Hello and welcome, Small.

• I am large...welcome...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

Welcome!

• Welcome.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    this thread has ayo written all over it, but anyways, welcome

• What do you mean you are small?

Well, I thought I was refering to the little dude thing because Im new, but I guess it came across wrong. It might alo mean Sighted Meanderings Along Liquid Loops, you never know.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome.

• one more question, - why did you name yourself after a federation which essentially comprises the remnants of Britain's imperialist colonial system?

• Ive gone by commonwealth for a couple years now. I decided on it beacuse if its archaic meaning of the common good or well being. I just leaned about that organization when searching for an avatar. If its a bad group maybe id just better change my name to Small.

• ha - its not necesarily a 'bad group' .. however to some it is percieved as a relic of yesterday, with the fundamental question being why do countries such as New Zealand, Canada and Australia (technically) still have the Queen of England as their 'Head of state' ? (its a federation, not an organisation)

There are also questions about why the members of this federation persist with the B grade sporting contest known as the Commonwealth Games .. anyway, welcome along

(Did I mention the discomfort caused by Zimbabwe - a classic example of the Commonwealth's lame duck status ... )

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I saw Magic Jackson today. Really.

He threw up 4 times, one time for each Old E he drank last night. No joke.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I saw Magic Jackson today. Really.

He threw up 4 times, one time for each Old E he drank last night. No joke.

thanks hommie.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Man 3 (or was it 4?) used to be my limit.

That shit still tastes good to me every once in a while.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Old English, not throw up, btw.

for some reason (against mole's judgement) i picked up 4 of those 24oz cans, thinking, shit, it's monday. next thing you know i'm accidentally pouring the last one on my new G4 laptop. FUCK! good thing it started working again yesterday afternoon.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I was talking 40's.

• Options
    When I was a kid I played football on Commonwealth Av in Merrick at Marconi's house. Marconi came from a family of gamblers and grew up to be a blackjack dealer in Atlantic City, but quit when a player at his table had a heart attack and another player insisted he keep dealing rather than go get help because the player was "on a roll". Then I heard Marconi also had a pretty nasty gambling habit of his own, which was the path he was destined for considering he explained football point spreads to me in 4th grade...he wound up stealing his mom's wedding ring and hocking it to pay off some bookies, stole his brother's tv and all the cash in his wallet after his brother gave him a place to stay one night, and things like that.

When I was a kid I played football on Commonwealth Av in Merrick at Marconi's house. Marconi came from a family of gamblers and grew up to be a blackjack dealer in Atlantic City, but quit when a player at his table had a heart attack and another player insisted he keep dealing rather than go get help because the player was "on a roll". Then I heard Marconi also had a pretty nasty gambling habit of his own, which was the path he was destined for considering he explained football point spreads to me in 4th grade...he wound up stealing his mom's wedding ring and hocking it to pay off some bookies, stole his brother's tv and all the cash in his wallet after his brother gave him a place to stay one night, and things like that.
    are you insinuating that this should be my new location?

oh, and day... i had some rollo's for dinner too.