frozen ipod questions

SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
my ipod just froze + it won't reset or turn off. it's stuck on a screen + won't move to anything else.anybody know how to unfreeze these things??

Comments

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    In the worst case scenario let it's battery die. Should be fine after you recharge. Or connect it to itunes, maybe it will reset.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    try to connect it to your computer/charger, then hold down play & the menu buttons for a few seconds.

• same thing happened to mine a while back. had to do a full restore and start over from scratch

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    hold down the play and menu buttons and it should reboot.

same thing happened to mine a while back. had to do a full restore and start over from scratch

WHAT?!?!?

Why didn't you just save your library list?

• same thing happened to mine a while back. had to do a full restore and start over from scratch

WHAT?!?!?

Why didn't you just save your library list?

If I understand your question correctly, I wasn't able to -- the pod was totally frozen and I had no other option (according to some more schooled tech buddies). However, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise since I loaded it up with new tunes that I hadn't listened to in a long time. I now erase/restore it every couple of months just to keep things fresh.

• shit i haven't had mine do that.

does anyone else get glitches every once in a while in those things. it's weird every few songs it just stops playing for a few seconds.

also question for you ipod tech heads: is it possible to take a file from your ipod and upload it onto your computer? i got a lot of files on my ipod that i don't have on my computer. i don't want them on there but i don't want to delete them forever either.

• also question for you ipod tech heads: is it possible to take a file from your ipod and upload it onto your computer? i got a lot of files on my ipod that i don't have on my computer. i don't want them on there but i don't want to delete them forever either.

I use Senuti to get stuff from ipod to my mac. Works like charm and is a free download. Google Senuti, it should be the first link u get.

HTH
    ~Crates

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    ipod nano --- yay or nay?

peace.

• You can hold down menu+play for 10 secs

You can connect to charger or computer

If none of that works let the battery die and recharge it. YOu may lose your memory so hopefully you have it stored somewhere.

If none of this works then the hard drive is tapped (you may hear a clicking sound or you may see a folder on the screen) and you will have to bring it to the "genius" bar... or send it back to the factory.

:/

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    ipod nano --- yay or nay?

peace.

the commercial is too annoying for me to even consider purchasing one

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    and you will have to bring it to the "genius" bar... or send it back to the factory.

is it true that you have to 'reserve' time ahead for this at the soho store?

• also question for you ipod tech heads: is it possible to take a file from your ipod and upload it onto your computer? i got a lot of files on my ipod that i don't have on my computer. i don't want them on there but i don't want to delete them forever either.

I use Senuti to get stuff from ipod to my mac. Works like charm and is a free download. Google Senuti, it should be the first link u get.

HTH
    ~Crates

thanks but it only works for mac.

• and you will have to bring it to the "genius" bar... or send it back to the factory.

is it true that you have to 'reserve' time ahead for this at the soho store?

that's true of any "genius" bar but the soho one gets booked quickly

you can only reserve the day of, so get up early

• ipod nano --- yay or nay?

peace.

I give the nano the nay-no.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    i don't have a cassette deck or line-in in the car i'm borrowing for a while... i was wondering if any of the soulstrut "geniuses" had any recommendations on a FM transmitter. ...i heard Griffin RoadTrip and Belkin TuneCast II are pretty good. what's the best FM transmitter on the market?

also question for you ipod tech heads: is it possible to take a file from your ipod and upload it onto your computer? i got a lot of files on my ipod that i don't have on my computer. i don't want them on there but i don't want to delete them forever either.

HTH
    ~Crates

thanks but it only works for mac.

Get ipodrip as a download.

• i don't have a cassette deck or line-in in the car i'm borrowing for a while... i was wondering if any of the soulstrut "geniuses" had any recommendations on a FM transmitter. ...i heard Griffin RoadTrip and Belkin TuneCast II are pretty good. what's the best FM transmitter on the market?

I'm definitely not a "genius," but, I've never had any problems with my Griffin iTrip. It does use extra battery power, not enough to make a problem, though.