Who's Got Rob One Mixtapes?

2»

Comments

• What kind of file is that? My mac can't read that one. Any chance of an MP3?

• What kind of file is that? My mac can't read that one. Any chance of an MP3?

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

It is a file. Open it up with that program. Not sure if it's Mac compatible but it could be.

• that your ass still probally wears!

probably... spell that shit right when youre snapping on me

and actually i dont have that anymore. i gave it to a GF of mine who spilled some wine on her blouse. havent had that shirt since the 90s.

It was cranberry juice, dog. Dude I still feel hella bad for that

PAGE ME

• bboybboy 13 Posts
    this is a great thread for a great man

thank you.

I have been looking for that megamix classics mix for like 6 years.
    this is the first time I heard the tribute track too, crazy.

goes to show how much love for hiphop and comin thru for your community can go,
    lets hope we keep spreadin that love.

peace.

• It's a Winrar file....very similar to a zip. I rar'ed both sides and the tracklisting together. I don't know what the deal with macs and rar's are...sorry...maybe someone else knows.

• rob was the first person ever to book my band ugly duckling to play in los angeles it was a really big deal for us at the time. top top top dude. sadly missed.

I'm a little late here but that same night Rob was the first person to EVER play a PUTS 12" in public. We gave him the record and he was like hold up..he stopped the set to announce it and straight dropped it right in the middle of his set.. He was a DJ with Balls and they don't make em like him no more - I'll never forget you homeboy - The S

• I'll get to work on finding my tapes and dubbing/transferring this weekend. Promise!

I love this picture: small j, Nu-Mark, Rob One, JBird (anyone know the others?)

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I love watching people gush over Rob One. Dude was truly something special. The day I moved out of my parents home to go to School in Las Vegas I stopped over at the Kaos Network. Rob-One was there for some sort of even slanging his mixtapes and shapeshifters material. I didn't even know the dude beyond seeing and hearing his name. We had a small conversation and I brought up that I was moving to Vegas and he hit me off with names of people I should get in contact with and where to find them.

His kindness and knowledge that day led to my first writing gig as a reviewer of hiphopsite.com and was truly a blessing.

Many people throw R.I.P. after a deceased persons name, but I truly hope he is a at peace. Rob One touched so many people and years after his passing still continues to make people all gushy and happy when they reminisce on him.

ROB ONE Rest in peace.

-adam

• I'll get to work on finding my tapes and dubbing/transferring this weekend. Promise!

i'd never heard of rob one until i heard that tribute tune. so many killer verses on that tune, i regard that as a posse cut classic right there. dude must've been a very likable guy. there's something about the beat on that tribute song.. just like a 4 bar sample that you could listen to forever.

far left, isn't that Truly oDd?

• Here's the DJ Rob One tribute page from 2000: http://www.vinylexchange.com/rememberrob.html

far left, isn't that Truly oDd?

cokni o'dire in the beenie?

• Yo if I e-mail this MegaTrendSetters MP3 to someone can you guys put it up on yousendit for me. I can email but can't upload to yousendit. Thanks.

• email it to me at [email]kevlierman@yahoo.com[/email] and I will post it up for you.

• Thanks 2 you folks 4 uploading the mixtape links, I didn't have these and have really been enjoying them. Soulstrut has been loaded with audio goodies lately!

• email it to me at [email]kevlierman@yahoo.com[/email] and I will post it up for you.

Cool. I'll send em tomorrow cuz these things will most likely take forever on 56k and I've had it on all day downloading tapes off SoulStrut.

People are with the mixtapes on here. I want more. I want to download for days.

• DAMN. Anybody know an email where I can send 116 MB files. Thanks.

• any chance of getting a yousendit link?

• You can get the Can't Be Stopped mix here.

DELETE.

• After many hours of previously trying to upload the whole tape I was able to upload side A for your guys. This upload took 7 hours on 56k. SIDE B IS BETTER AND WILL COME SOON.

DJ ROB ONE - MEGATRENDSETTERS - SIDE A

• I can never get megaupload to work for me. Any chance of a yousendit link?

• You will have to ask someone else to do it. It seriously took me 6-7 hours to upload that. Sorry.

• http://s4.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0MZL0A2BO4TUL1AEYS5DSPTEWN

artifactor thanks for upping it....that's dedication on 56k!

• You will have to ask someone else to do it. It seriously took me 6-7 hours to upload that. Sorry.

You don't have to be sorry for anything. I wasn't asking you specifically. Thanks to both you and anasarcasm. I appreciate it.

• Anyone have a tracklist for Megamixx Klassics?

• Posted this on vinylexchange.com too. Been 6 years since the man died. I will post some of his mixes up later today or tomorrow. I wanna hear more stories about him, somehow they always inspire me more.

R.I.P ROB ONE.

• djstef said:
    These are the ones I have for sure:

Best of Da' Beat Box Volume One
    Best of Da' Beat Box Volume Two
    Best Bootleg of Sugar Hill Vol. #1
    Hip Hop Can't Be Stopped
    In the Mix Volume 3
    Instrumentals - Beats for MCs
    Jiggy Reggae Volume Two
    DJ Rob One Meats Keisha
    DJ Rob One presents Megamix Klassicks
    The New Shit for Summah Volume One 1994
    The Shape Shifters 12" Bootlegs + Mo'
    DJ Rob One presents Travelling Through Sample Land (Live) mixed by DJ Shame
    Un Jiggy Reggae Three

I'm sure I have more Jiggy Reggaes somewhere, plus Rakim and KMD tapes he made.

im dying to find a link for Un Jiggy Reggae 3- my old favorite tape and it was stolen from me- can anybody help??? big thanks in advance!!