Who's Got Rob One Mixtapes?

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I'm looking for the one with Artifacts "Wrong Side of the Tracks" and Nice N Smooth "Old to the New". Mid-90's prolly. Shit was dope. Lost my copy.

Comments

• I'm pretty sure I have that one, with Artifacts...
    And about another 10/15. Bought them from him direct back then for my shop.
    Top bloke. Wish I had known him better. Sorely missed.

Just don't have a tape deck to convert... Working on it.

• cool let me know when you gain the capacity to duplicate. that tape was my shit right there.

• Will do bro.. Sussing that shit out right now.. Needs to be done...
    For myself as well anyway.

• rob was the first person ever to book my band ugly duckling to play in los angeles it was a really big deal for us at the time. top top top dude. sadly missed. peace, stein. . .

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Rob was a good dude no doubt. I didn't really know him too well, but he never missed an opportunity to crack a joke about yours truly.

Respect.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Didn't know the dude, but everything i've ever read/heard about dude has been positive.

Seemed like a quality person.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    toothless cosmo. we have like 3 of his tapes. one of them is the beatbox joint and two other ones. one of them possibly matching the description of the one your looking for.

what it do?

• I have that one... at the bottom of this big box somewhere. Rob One R.I.P.

You can get the Can't Be Stopped mix here.

• i didnt really understand the extent of this dudes impact until i went to tijuana a couple years ago and saw a tribute mural to him on the fence at their airport... that's love.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Btw, I need a copy of the one he did with "Doe in Advance" por favino.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    i might have that one too diggy day.
    stef. the bobbito cd burn project is 3/4's complete.
    sorry for the delay. work has been busy.
    i might be going to the n.o.

i'm off tomm and i'll work on you guys dubs.
    breakfast grub.
    peace out
    audi grill

• Fuck yeah. Any Rob-One tapes will be very much appreciated over here as well.

I met the dude at B-Boy Summit in like 1997. He had a booth selling records and other cool shit (I bought the Walking Large Instrumentals from him). Anyways I had him record a drop for a mix-tape. I eventually sent him a copy and dude felt it. For a young kid that meant a lot, still does especially since it was from him.

I only have like 2 of his tapes. One is the mix he did for the wake-up show which was like a tribe called quest megamix (He got an advance of the Beats, Rhymes, & Life album) and just mixed it up with a bunch of 80's rap. ill-shit.

• Rob was always mad cool...I used to see him at least a few times a year. Always in good spirits, always reppin the real shit! I remember the last time I saw him at beat non stop(didn't even know he was sick). He tried to convince me that Kool Keith was still dope but I wasn't trying to hear it. I remember at I think it was the wildstyle reunion party, he started his set by playing a p-diddy cut(might have been mase-feels so good), pulls the needle off the record, proceeds to break the wax to bits, and get 's on the mic and tells us that he doesn't"play that shit". The crowd went wild (me too)!!! The good ol days..

• These are the ones I have for sure:

Best of Da' Beat Box Volume One
    Best of Da' Beat Box Volume Two
    Best Bootleg of Sugar Hill Vol. #1
    Hip Hop Can't Be Stopped
    In the Mix Volume 3
    Instrumentals - Beats for MCs
    Jiggy Reggae Volume Two
    DJ Rob One Meats Keisha
    DJ Rob One presents Megamix Klassicks
    The New Shit for Summah Volume One 1994
    The Shape Shifters 12" Bootlegs + Mo'
    DJ Rob One presents Travelling Through Sample Land (Live) mixed by DJ Shame
    Un Jiggy Reggae Three

I'm sure I have more Jiggy Reggaes somewhere, plus Rakim and KMD tapes he made.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Anyone else got that EMI "No Tricks In '96" promo EP with the Rob One remixes on it?!?

ILL.

peace.

• The New Shit for Summah Volume One 1994

that's the one I heard is that heat

Also:

That Bahamadiah remix/Emi Promo sampler.
    AZ "mo money mo murder" white label rob one remix (Stacks in San Diego has one on the wall for 75$).

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    My man Rip has a record he made (I don't think it's that EMI one). I forget what it's called but it's something with "A.M." in the title. I'll have to ask him about it.

hi Pat!

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    AZ "mo money mo murder" white label rob one remix (Stacks in San Diego has one on the wall for 75$).

you've been down here lately? i live 15 minutes from stacks, shitbird.

• Everyone has a Rob One story. It's nice to see people sharing.

Here is a Rob One tribute song, still touching to this day. Originally posted on DJ Stef's VE site. I think it eventually appeared on the We Came From Beyond compilation.

Rob One Rock On - The Rob One All-Stars (Awol One, 2Mex, Key Kool, Subtitle, Rakaa-Iriscience, Radioinactive, Adlib, Jizzm, Mikah 9, P.E.A.C.E., Zagu Brown, Xololanxinxo, Neila, Dr. Oop, Lord Zen, Exist, Life Rexall, St. Mark 9:23, Circus

Rob One All Stars - Rob One Rock On

RIP ROB ONE

• These are the ones I have for sure:

Best of Da' Beat Box Volume One
    Best of Da' Beat Box Volume Two
    Best Bootleg of Sugar Hill Vol. #1
    Hip Hop Can't Be Stopped
    In the Mix Volume 3
    Instrumentals - Beats for MCs
    Jiggy Reggae Volume Two
    DJ Rob One Meats Keisha
    DJ Rob One presents Megamix Klassicks
    The New Shit for Summah Volume One 1994
    The Shape Shifters 12" Bootlegs + Mo'
    DJ Rob One presents Travelling Through Sample Land (Live) mixed by DJ Shame
    Un Jiggy Reggae Three

I'm sure I have more Jiggy Reggaes somewhere, plus Rakim and KMD tapes he made.

Wow. Dope. Can you hook me up with some dubs perhaps? I can send blank tapes and can pay you for your time.

I got these 2. I believe this was his last tape and his first. The Megatrendsetters tape is the sickest shit ever. I've easily played it 50 times. Got it on CD as well...transferred.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Everyone has a Rob One story. It's nice to see people sharing.

Here is a Rob One tribute song, still touching to this day. Originally posted on DJ Stef's VE site. I think it eventually appeared on the We Came From Beyond compilation.

Rob One Rock On - The Rob One All-Stars (Awol One, 2Mex, Key Kool, Subtitle, Rakaa-Iriscience, Radioinactive, Adlib, Jizzm, Mikah 9, P.E.A.C.E., Zagu Brown, Xololanxinxo, Neila, Dr. Oop, Lord Zen, Exist, Life Rexall, St. Mark 9:23, Circus

Rob One All Stars - Rob One Rock On

RIP ROB ONE

a really moving track. people need to hear this if they haven't.

• I have that one... at the bottom of this big box somewhere. Rob One R.I.P.

You can get the Can't Be Stopped mix here.

Can someone repost that Can't Be Stopped Mix. PRETTY PLEASE..........

• The New Shit for Summah Volume One 1994

Stef I think this is the one i was originally posting about. Does it fit my descript, i.e. artifacts, nice n smooth?? Lemme know. Hi Stef.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    ive got quite a few... rob was my first mentor in the music industry. i owe my whole 10yrs in the game to him. he walked my newbie ass around the Gavin convention in New Orleans and intro'd me to EVERYONE. from the promo kids like Chris Atlas and Eric Parler to artists like Red Alert and MOP, etc.

hed come stay at my parents house when he needed to crash here in SF. we rolled up to Sears Point Raceway with my J2H and gave us all those Jazzmatazz T's (the reddish ones). my folks talk about that shit to this day!

anyway, thats my nigga right there. he and i went through a lot of shit together and i respected dude to the toppest of the toppest level.

...and yeah, i got a lot of tapes from him as well.

• ive got quite a few... rob was my first mentor in the music industry. i owe my whole 10yrs in the game to him. he walked my newbie ass around the Gavin convention in New Orleans and intro'd me to EVERYONE. from the promo kids like Chris Atlas and Eric Parler to artists like Red Alert and MOP, etc.

hed come stay at my parents house when he needed to crash here in SF. we rolled up to Sears Point Raceway with my J2H and gave us all those Jazzmatazz T's (the reddish ones). my folks talk about that shit to this day!

anyway, thats my nigga right there. he and i went through a lot of shit together and i respected dude to the toppest of the toppest level.

...and yeah, i got a lot of tapes from him as well.

Do you do DUBS? Let me know. Thanks.

• ive gave us all those Jazzmatazz T's (the reddish ones).

that your ass still probally wears!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

that your ass still probally wears!

probably... spell that shit right when youre snapping on me

and actually i dont have that anymore. i gave it to a GF of mine who spilled some wine on her blouse. havent had that shirt since the 90s.