online gradings are getting ridiculous

ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Ebay sellers have gotta quit saying things like "original represses". Or try to hide it by saying "original" then later on say RE?

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Ebay sellers have gotta quit saying things like "original represses". Or try to hide it by saying "original" then later on say RE?

"We are unable to verify with our suppliers whether this is an original or re-issue, nonetheless if you bid with us you will be getting a very hard-to-find LP in beautiful condition!"

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCORPION-1969-Psych-Masterpiece-MINT_W0QQitemZ4767081432QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

"We are unable to verify with our suppliers whether this is an original or re-issue, nonetheless if you bid with us you will be getting a very hard-to-find LP in beautiful condition!"

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCORPION-1969-Psych-Masterpiece-MINT_W0QQitemZ4767081432QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Fuckin' please! We just ordered this brand new looking rare record, but were not sure if it's a re-issue.

• I know my REAL Scorpion has the multi-colored psychedelic fruit strip style version of the label.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The one that I hate the most (because it got me a couple of times, of course) is "second pressing" standing in for "bootleg reissue," which happened to me on an Eddie Fisher & the Next 100 Years, he was like "in opened shrinkwrap, second press" it seemed like the whole listing was designed to make you think it was original - I mean, a "second press" on Cadet of that LP probably does exist, with the orange label or whatever...what dude sent me was the Kim's-Video-style "reissue" bootleg sounds-like-shit pressing.

There's another guy who always calls his psych reissue records "a true artifact of the sixties" and seems to be going out of his way to pass them off as OG, when they are in fact reissues available for $8 everywhere else on the web.

I know my REAL Scorpion has the multi-colored psychedelic fruit strip style version of the label.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I know my REAL Scorpion has the multi-colored psychedelic fruit strip style version of the label.

yeah, but the fruit stripe label is a later press than the orange label.

and how is this "getting" ridiculous?

yeah, but the fruit stripe label is NOT a later press than A SHINNEY ASS NEW orange label.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

[Reynaldo]Don't knock the hustle.[/Reynaldo]

just sayin' - I started on eBay 3 years ago & the same shit was going on.

yeah, but the fruit stripe label is NOT a later press than A SHINNEY ASS NEW orange label.

haha! true.

Yea, they've always been wacky, but the overload of recent re-ish has got people showing how shady they really are.

"I'm a record dealer who isn't shure about pressings."

Oh so your

1. A fucking lier trying to rip me off

or

2. A dumbfuck who doesn't know shit

yeah. I hate to say it, but this is when it starts making sense to pay "reynaldo style loot" to reputable dealers like AP, etc.

• Plaese to read this thread On_the_red_clay.

• yeah. I hate to say it, but this is when it starts making sense to pay "reynaldo style loot" to reputable dealers like AP, etc.

El Rey will make you pay.

• Ebay sellers have gotta quit saying things like "original represses". Or try to hide it by saying "original" then later on say RE?

i've actually gotten some good original pressings from that seller though.