soulstrut help + todays finds

devoglamdevoglam 143 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
okay.?? so here's the deal.?? if i could get the soulstrut community to help my band with some online votes, it would really be nice. i submitted this track a long time ago to an online radio show (www.doodoodefshow.com) and now we need folks to vote so that we can try to advance to the finals. we were in second place the last time i checked, but we still need more votes to catch up. if you could take a half second, click the link, and vote for Freeflow 'song for a matador', it would be much appreciated.?? here is the link:?? http://onpolls.com/view_Poll.php?type=java&id=3967if you have problems accessing the poll, you may need to switch your browser.?? if you are interested in hearing the show or learning more about the contest go to:?? www.doodoodefshow.comi really need to invest in a digital camera so i can start to contribute to the post threads. today i spent a few minutes in one of my local spots and pulled the following 45's. nothing noteworthy, but for 99 cents?curtis mayfield - 'beautiful brother of mine' 45bobbi humphrey - 'san francisco lights' 45ujima - 'im getting hip' 45betty wright - 'i'll love you forever' 45eric b and rakim - 'let the rhythm hit em' 45chairmen of the board - 'let me down easy' 45 tevin campbell - 'round and round' 45...i always loved this song when i was a kid...last week i did pretty well in picking up a bunch of lp's that i didnt have yet:the marvelettes- sophisticated soul lpthe marvelettes- the marvelettes lpmillie jackson- caught up lpjames brown- live at the apollo vol 2 lpherbie hancock- man-child lpchi lites- chil lites lpjimmy james and the vagabonds- come to me softly lpvarious- soul explosion 2lp (stax)inez foxx at memphis lpsegments of time - self titled lpdonny hathaway- live lp al wilson- weighing in lpnina simone- best of (philips) lpbill withers- still bill lpmandrill- just outside of town lperma franklin- soul sister lpotis redding and carla thomas- king & queen lpisis- aint no backing up now lp...i'm really feeling this, anyone know anything about it?kool & the gang- greatest hits! lpkool & the gang- the best of lp marvin gaye- trouble man lpking floyd- think about it lpohio players- pain lpotis redding- the soul album lpdonald byrd- black byrd lpim not sure if these are heavy enough to catch anyone's eye as i know i have a lot to learn. ive been obtaing so many new records lately, its just been an exciting past week or so.take care -marty

Comments