Options

Weekend FInd Sept 17-18

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• Thing on InnerView 1972, dope and ultra rare private press live recording (Miles Davis style) raw funkfusion and with the ILLEST drumbreak, thanks sooo much to Dejean for hooking me up with this nugget!!!

The players on that record are mainly from Europe. Only the bandleader and another cat were from the Boston area. Cool record, which I passed on an oppurtunity to pick up recently.

Cuz your brother sold it, right?

The full story on this group is coming soon. The article will be on the group leader (arni cheatham) and another Boston trumpeter who currently collaborates with him. Interviews are in the can, just have to do the write up whenever I get a spare few hours of concentration during which my brain isn't total mush.

PROPPPSSSSS to dejean for hooking me up with an interview of the keyboardist, vagn leick!! This is the kind of research you can't buy. Super super kind and helpful guy who hooks his friends up when he comes up, which I can respect. Got some goodies coming to your mailbox.

• yep. did you talk to Arni? Cool ass dude man.

• The Chatelaine is a great boogie LP only released in Canada on "BEAUCOUP" 1980 (produced by Patrick Adams too!). The orange Kebec Star 12" is a good funk rap 12" also from Qu??bec (Canada).

Cool funky PQ soundtrack with bossa track.

Got plenty more stuff this week but isn't soulstrut style (like a couples of 80's "maccaroni" disco 12").

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    5 dollaz!

and i also REALLY need that Thing record. ever since Aschrock sent me MP3's ive been dyin for a copy.

i found a few alright things today. pearles before swine's first, this ill Moacir Santos lp on discovery with an incredible spiritual jazz track, grape jam, this nice Vinicius lp on philips, etc.

• The Chatelaine is a great boogie LP only released in Canada on "BEAUCOUP" 1980 (produced by Patrick Adams too!). The orange Kebec Star 12" is a good funk rap 12" also from Qu??bec (Canada).

Cool funky PQ soundtrack with bossa track.

Got plenty more stuff this week but isn't soulstrut style (like a couples of 80's "maccaroni" disco 12").

Man, there was a time when I'd be thrilled to get a copy of the Kebec Star 12s and the OST (like one month ago). But now it's all contracts and tort and property and shit. So yeah, gui, sell those records for big bucks. You should be able to $100+ for that OST to the right person; there's a break on it, i think. And those kebec star 12"s are hot. Keep them for yourself and rock doubles when you finally learn how to use a mixer. you need to do that, by the way, so you can send me a disc gui mix to play on my show.

• Dan, check your emails....

Man, there was a time when I'd be thrilled to get a copy of the Kebec Star 12s and the OST (like one month ago)......

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

Some private Memphis prog/psych/folk stuff.

i just copped this out here last monday and, while im selling it, i actually liked that shit a lot. different strokes... (noarnold)

also, too many LPs and 45s over the past 7 days to mention but just yesterday i copped:

Timi Yuro - Make the World Go Away (Liberty) mono
    Dee Dee Sharp - Down Memory Lane (Cameo) mono
    Iasos - Inter-Dimensional Music (Unity)
    Amboy Dukes - Journey to the Center of the Mind (Mainstream)

and about 60 Soul 45s.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    the "premier" tip of the iceberg from this weekend

the aforementioned are all keepers (for now..thx to BeardedD for the Peaceful Solutions) and I can finally cross Root Down off my "really need to find the OG for $1" list. Props to "wolfman" Danny for passing that one to me.

the aforementioned are all keepers (for now...Actually David Hemmings will be going to the 'bay unless someone needs it. The price seems to be coming down on that one.)

these 12 in the third pic are trade/sell/doubles = HOLLA AT ME

(*'Nard is on hold, hah?)

• trade/sell/doubles = HOLLA AT ME

good find on the sunrize...overlooked and has been getting quite a few listens from me lately.

how does silver platinum sound?

Sunrize is nice, jeah. Silver Platinum? = Modern foll... more dance tinged, 'Cash Play' slap bass steelo, synth quakes, strings, brassy and slick. Nice, stuff. I'll be keeping it if I get no takers, hah.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

how does silver platinum sound?

dance

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    the "premier" tip of the iceberg from this weekend

the aforementioned are all keepers (for now..thx to BeardedD for the Peaceful Solutions) and I can finally cross Root Down off my "really need to find the OG for $1" list. Props to "wolfman" Danny for passing that one to me.

the aforementioned are all keepers (for now...Actually David Hemmings will be going to the 'bay unless someone needs it. The price seems to be coming down on that one.)

these 12 in the third pic are trade/sell/doubles = HOLLA AT ME
    (*'Nard is on hold, hah?)
    NICE FINDS!!!!. let me get at "A Sea for Yourself" and that Nik Raicevic

• trade/sell/doubles = HOLLA AT ME

Do people really like that Howard Johnson. I gave it a listen at the thrift this weekend and was not feeling it at all. I passed on it for a dollar. Does it sell for anything?

I did pick up the
    Jungle Brothers-Jimbrowski 12in on Idlers
    Advanced Promo Copy of Killing Me Softly by the Fugees (this might be a boot)
    Ohio Players-Honey

All for a buck.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Love that Xavier LP.

Tripldoubl and I got into some Philly madness on Saturday. We did a house call of a woman who's brother recently passed and left her with 8000 records. There were lots of modernz, promo disco 12's, blue notes, as well as some raers like Purple Image, Classic Example, Skip Mahoney, RAMP, Marlena Shaw... list goes on. We also ran into dildoo and drewn. The wife was pissed that I was 7 hours late. Must stock up for the winter!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    thx to BeardedD for the Peaceful Solutions

your peaceful solutions has a totally different sleeve than mine... ?

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

do peeps like that chanson record? i've passed on it sooooo many times... hell just last week even.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

do peeps like that sunrize[/b] record? i've passed on it sooooo many times...

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Thing on InnerView 1972, dope and ultra rare private press live recording (Miles Davis style) raw funkfusion and with the ILLEST drumbreak, thanks sooo much to Dejean for hooking me up with this nugget!!!

The players on that record are mainly from Europe. Only the bandleader and another cat were from the Boston area. Cool record, which I passed on an oppurtunity to pick up recently.

Cuz your brother sold it, right?

The full story on this group is coming soon. The article will be on the group leader (arni cheatham) and another Boston trumpeter who currently collaborates with him. Interviews are in the can, just have to do the write up whenever I get a spare few hours of concentration during which my brain isn't total mush.

PROPPPSSSSS to dejean for hooking me up with an interview of the keyboardist, vagn leick!! This is the kind of research you can't buy. Super super kind and helpful guy who hooks his friends up when he comes up, which I can respect. Got some goodies coming to your mailbox.

No sweat, I'll try to get back at him to scan those old photos too. Just got to get my scanner working under OS X. I just sent you a little something in the mail as well . Let me know what you think about it.

sunrize...overlooked and has been getting quite a few listens from me lately. Isley brothers production. Modern music for the modern foll. Better than Silver Platinum, in my opinion.

So yeah, pick it up on the cheap, it's worth a listen. And it has a dope cover! Hah.

Love that Xavier LP.

No doubt, one of my faves out of that batch. Everything was minty, too! Hooray!

Philly madness on Saturday. We did a house call of a woman who's brother recently passed and left her with 8000 records. There were lots of modernz, promo disco 12's, blue notes, as well as some raers like Purple Image, Classic Example, Skip Mahoney, RAMP, Marlena Shaw... list goes on. We also ran into dildoo and drewn. The wife was pissed that I was 7 hours late. Must stock up for the winter!

That's quite a few strutters at that dig. Didja practice your elbow jabs and raer crate stabz?

RADD, don't piss off them housewives, RAJ....

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Went to the Buena Park record swap yesterday, saw Anthony stacking wax. Saw AlGarth slanging wax, and saw Kenny in the passenger seat of the car just before I fell asleep in the back.

copped these at the show:
    Starpoint[/b] "S/T" (Chocolate City)
    Starpoint[/b] "Keep On It" (Chocolate City)
    Rumple-Stills-Skin[/b] "S/T" (Heat)
    Sonny Charles[/b] The Sun Still Rises" (Highrise)
    Dunn & Bruce Street[/b] "Official Business" (Devaki)
    Peddlers[/b] "Three in a Cell" (Epic)
    Rhetta Hughes[/b] "Starpiece" (Sutra)
    Lou Courtney[/b] "Skate Now Shing-a-ling" (Riverside)

• Lou Courtney[/b] "Skate Now Shing-a-ling" (Riverside)

Excellllleennnnttt.......

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Claudine[/b] - The Look of Love

Natalie[/b] - S/T

Roy Ayers[/b] - No Stranger To Love

Sea Level[/b] - S/T

Robert Roker & The Calypso Playboys[/b] - S/T (Autographed)

Mills Bros.[/b] - Anytime!

Jerry Butler[/b] - For Your Precious Love

The Jacksons[/b] - Destiny

The Platters[/b] - Sweet Sweet Lovin

New Orleans Ragtime Orchestra[/b] - S/T

97 cents...

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

FINALLY! good shit bro... glad you copped one.

• i found a few alright things today. pearles before swine's first, this ill Moacir Santos lp on discovery with an incredible spiritual jazz track, grape jam, this nice Vinicius lp on philips, etc.
    pictures please i can't read finds

• Went to the Buena Park record swap yesterday, saw Anthony stacking wax. Saw AlGarth slanging wax, and saw Kenny in the passenger seat of the car just before I fell asleep in the back.

copped these at the show:
    Starpoint[/b] "S/T" (Chocolate City)
    Starpoint[/b] "Keep On It" (Chocolate City)
    Sonny Charles[/b] The Sun Still Rises" (Highrise)
    Dunn & Bruce Street[/b] "Official Business" (Devaki)
    Peddlers[/b] "Three in a Cell" (Epic)
    Rhetta Hughes[/b] "Starpiece" (Sutra)
    Lou Courtney[/b] "Skate Now Shing-a-ling" (Riverside)

why was buena part in the middle of the month? isn't it usually at the end of of the month?

and that dig in philly, i'm just curious how did so many people hear about it ? was it advertised in the paper or something or do

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

Found these sealed copies in Houston over the weekend.

Rhythm Heritage - Disco-fied
    Donald Byrd - Thank You For F.U.M.L. (funking up my life)
    George & Gwen McCrae - Together

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

FINALLY! good shit bro... glad you copped one.

yeah, strangely enough it came from a different source. So there is still one out there available if anyone needs it (Calling J.Paychizzle)

• Monday mornin'