I WOKE THE FUCK UP THIS MORNING...

2»

Comments

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    JD has been namedropping David Banner for two years now and the Solid Steel Mix he did in 2000 prior to Diminishing Returns also included southern stuff & 'Diplo-style'-blends.... twas bound to happen if you followed his career.

• the only thing that could possible make it better would be a cover with pictures of

• I know Shadows been about the bounce for a long minute. He's prolly got a good portion of this board when it comes to knowledge of this stuff. Either way, this mix is nastay.... played it a few times in a row... thanks for posting it.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I woke up this morning at 8:30 not knowing how I had gotten in bed. Also there was a hole in my pants?????

yes I listened to this again, it's some serious serious woot wootness.

• penultimate mix

dictionary check schoolteacher!!!

• +

That was my guess also. Definitely feeling that combo.

This Shadow mix (which I also woke up to listen to this morning (afternoon)!) is hot to death. It's basically a better version of "Never Scared" for me.

While the Banner drop was hittin, the Terry Gross shit was off the chain!!!! (who is that she's interviewing?)

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    the Terry Gross shit was off the chain!!!! (who is that she's interviewing?)

I think it's 's finest....questlove

• the Terry Gross shit was off the chain!!!! (who is that she's interviewing?)

I think it's 's finest....questlove

oh yeah that makes sense i guess. dude talking about Shadow has 60 000 records?

last time i talked to dude about how many records he has he said it was more like 30 000 but he may have been seriously low-balling and that was close to TEN YEARS AGO. so could be about right...or questlove is off the mark.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Everybody, please stop abusing the term "bounce"

• I wonder what the reaction will be from cats who are all like "Real hip-hop" Shadow cats and they cop this shit and fucking Boncrusher comes on.

haha

I'm wondering about the dudes who only listen to street cred rap but have also been known to hate on Shadow...

we need a "recognize" "callin' out names"[/b] emoticon...

Damn, beat me to the punch.

b/w

"Chino XL is on Bun's album fool!"[/b]

(from the HoustonSoReal blog)

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    Everybody, please stop abusing the term "bounce"

thank you.

and in celebration of bounce, here is a classic one.

ricky B "ya'll holla"

oh yeah.. and this mix has been on repeat. FUCK.