I WOKE THE FUCK UP THIS MORNING...

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
... strictly to listen to that Shadow shit.

Comments

• Cool.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    so what'd you think?

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    nevermind, i see that you already said you liked it.

and i concur

• So did I .. I threw it on blast (at about 8 AM) and started painting in another part of the house, and my wife came and and said "What the hell is this?" (the CD was about 8 minutes in) She's not one for gettin' buck. I think she was diggin' the random rap section though..

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    not one for gettin' buck.

see, i bet some people will get turned off from this just because they hate southern rap so much. i like pretty much all rap, so this mix is so rad to me. i get a little bit of everything. dope.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I wonder what the reaction will be from cats who are all like "Real hip-hop" Shadow cats and they cop this shit and fucking Boncrusher comes on.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    I wonder what the reaction will be from cats who are all like "Real hip-hop" Shadow cats and they cop this shit and fucking Boncrusher comes on.

I hope that's in part why he did this.
    Backpackers worldwide may have to divide into factions.

• Those cat's usually have some race related/underground love hate agenda. f-em. The mix is In my humble...

• meshmesh 925 Posts

exactly what i am talking about. i can see their face now: what????

but, he dropped some shit like this on diminishing returns too, so maybe they are prepared for it?

• word on the street is that Shadow's next mix is going to be all indie gangsta rap...the backpackers are gonna definitley gonna break into factions, especially when they hear who he is producing next...my lips are sealed.

• I wonder what the reaction will be from cats who are all like "Real hip-hop" Shadow cats and they cop this shit and fucking Boncrusher comes on.

haha

I'm wondering about the dudes who only listen to street cred rap but have also been known to hate on Shadow...

we need a "recognize" emoticon...

• Alot of the undergound heads that follow Shadow aren't capable of realizing how southern rap is big picture related to all of the things the may think Shadow is about. Can't love southern music, an extension of that culture from one era and totally hate on the sons and daughters of the same exact folk from the next era.

Hustle and Flow still sucked ass though.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    thanks for making a seperate post about this. a dj shadow 'funky skunk' thread isn't one that i'd immediately click on but that mix is way nice.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Boncrusher

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

see, i bet some people will get turned off from this just because they hate southern rap so much. i like pretty much all rap, so this mix is so rad to me. i get a little bit of everything. dope.

Alot of the undergound heads that follow Shadow aren't capable of realizing how southern rap is big picture related to all of the things the may think Shadow is about. Can't love southern music, an extension of that culture from one era and totally hate on the sons and daughters of the same exact folk from the next era.

I might be confused, but haven't the backpack set been down with the south for a while now? I mean, half of this board is about southern shit & nerds the world over appear to be in love with it.

peace

h

• I wonder what the reaction will be from cats who are all like "Real hip-hop" Shadow cats and they cop this shit and fucking Boncrusher comes on.

haha

I'm wondering about the dudes who only listen to street cred rap but have also been known to hate on Shadow...

we need a "recognize" "callin' out names"[/b] emoticon...

Damn, beat me to the punch.

• meshmesh 925 Posts

Alot of the undergound heads that follow Shadow aren't capable of realizing how southern rap is big picture related to all of the things the may think Shadow is about. Can't love southern music, an extension of that culture from one era and totally hate on the sons and daughters of the same exact folk from the next era.

I might be confused, but haven't the backpack set been down with the south for a while now? I mean, half of this board is about southern shit & nerds the world over appear to be in love with it.

peace

h

the "backpackers" i know are definitely anti-southern rap.

• not one for gettin' buck.

peace

h

Dude, you are sooooo lucky Archaic's not here anymore. He'd probably kick you around like a hackeysack.

• meshmesh 925 Posts

peace

h

Dude, you are sooooo lucky Archaic's not here anymore. He'd probably kick you around like a hackeysack.

hahaa, youre probably right. i'm not saying its not a possibility, but for real, the kids i know that are the most "backpacker", or at least what i consider to be a backpacker, hate on southern rap. the main arguement i hear from them is that they dont like the lyrics. they like the beats though, at least some do.

like i said before, i personally like southern rap. about a fourth of my 12" collection is southern rap.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

peace

h

Yeah I think Thes hits it right on the target. Sadly though lots of people hate on Southern rap because their perception of what is "indie" and "underground" consists of the usual suspects of anyone from Murs to Talib Kweli and the rest (not hating) - but most of these kids don't understand that most Southern rap is a perfect example of indie and underground.

I recall reading a post on Okay Player after Katrina hit where some kid called Katrina "The Savior of Hip-hop" because it destroyed the home city of such "crap artists" such as Cash-Money and them. Truly disgusting.

But yeah, it's all part of the bigger picture. Indie, jiggy, commercial, backpack, if shit is good it's good, and all these different facets of this music of ours supports each other.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    how fucking crazy was i getting on that stay fly shit last night. nothing i'd rather spill my drink to nowadays then bounce shit.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The whole place went crazy on that shit. Same thing as this past Thursday. Super jumpoff record.

I'll have to hit you off with the re-edit I have.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    how fucking crazy was i getting on that stay fly shit last night. nothing i'd rather spill my drink to nowadays then bounce shit.

RADD

word on the street is that Shadow's next mix is going to be all indie gangsta rap...the backpackers are gonna definitley gonna break into factions, especially when they hear who he is producing next...my lips are sealed.

um, that's easy...right?

the drop on the mix givin' that one away

(and Shadow's procalamation that Banner's solo debut was his favorite rap LP a couple years back)

soooo, finally...a match made in heaven?

+

=

MORE BASS?????

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I recall reading a post on Okay Player after Katrina hit where some kid called Katrina "The Savior of Hip-hop" because it destroyed the home city of such "crap artists" such as Cash-Money and them. Truly disgusting.

this is quite possibly the most appalling thing i've ever seen in my 8+ years of internet rap nerdery.

Truly disgusting.

• Hustle and Flow still sucked ass though.

"Hard out here on a pimp...got a whole lot of bitches jump ship!"

Moviewas garbage but it was great when dude blasted on Luda, ina bmovie sorta way.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    As someone who loves Southern shit and Shadow with equal zeal, this is the penultimate mix for me.

the only thing that could possible make it better would be a cover with pictures of pitbull puppies snuggling.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Some kid called Katrina "The Savior of Hip-hop" because it destroyed the home city of such "crap artists" such as Cash-Money and them. Truly disgusting.

Fuck that guy. What a terrible thing to say.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    As someone who loves Southern shit and Shadow with equal zeal, this is the penultimate mix for me.

the only thing that could possible make it better would be a cover with pictures of josh and d banner [/b] snuggling.