Premo's next project - Christina Aguilera??

Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
i knew she was working with Rich Harrison which makes sense, but DJ Premier has reportedly done 5 tracks with her.obviously this would have to sound much different than the rest of his work.Anyone else hear this?

Comments

• YES. hopefully a song he did called "thank you" will be the lead single. peace, stein. . .

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    Audio of Premo speaking on his collaboration with Christina Aguilera.

127 bpm breaks with hornsamples? sounds like it could be a new 1-thing / crazy in love type of tune!

• This Christina Aguilera collabo sounds bizarre, yet very intriguing. Whattaya know, sounds like the boy is indeed making some changes to the formula after all. Can't wait to hear it. I think Oliver will be very happy about this news, too.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    damn i gotta hear these!!!!! but good for Premier, hes makin some cheddar, hope hes pokin Aquilera out too. but these joints sound like they might be hot

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Audio of Premo speaking on his collaboration with Christina Aguilera.

127 bpm breaks with hornsamples? sounds like it could be a new 1-thing / crazy in love type of tune!

Premo needed a new style & so he had to bite Rich Harrison's?

• Good for both of them. Never been a pop fan, but Christina has a slammin' voice. Listen to the new Herbie Hancock song and forget it's her.

Of course a lot of people will hate it for principle, which is so so

• speaking of Herbie Hancock...what was that beat at the end of the interview...some old herbie hancock song with handclaps (i think it's from sextant, i'm not sure) does anyone know what that beat is?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    speaking of Herbie Hancock...what was that beat at the end of the interview...some old herbie hancock song with handclaps (i think it's from sextant, i'm not sure) does anyone know what that beat is?

SEXTANT

• speaking of Herbie Hancock...what was that beat at the end of the interview...some old herbie hancock song with handclaps (i think it's from sextant, i'm not sure) does anyone know what that beat is?

SEXTANT

it sounds like it was looped w/added handclaps or something...or is that just how the song is...i need to pull it out again.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    some cute r&b singer was on soul train today talkin' about how excited she was to have dj premier involved in her new album. didn't catch her name though

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    premo working heather hunter

this is always a good look.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    speaking of Herbie Hancock...what was that beat at the end of the interview...some old herbie hancock song with handclaps (i think it's from sextant, i'm not sure) does anyone know what that beat is?

SEXTANT

it sounds like it was looped w/added handclaps or something...or is that just how the song is...i need to pull it out again.

Chopped/Looped/Beatadded.............yes

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    some cute r&b singer was on soul train today talkin' about how excited she was to have dj premier involved in her new album. didn't catch her name though

another one?

• I like Christina.

I like Primo.

I like Herbie Hancock.

I like Rich Harrison.

Can't we all just get along?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    fake soul/emotion & over the top vocal acrobatics doesnt = a talented singer.

Word the fuck up. Still, I wanna hear some 127bpm Primo shit.

• fake soul/emotion & over the top vocal acrobatics doesnt = a talented singer.

Word the fuck up. Still, I wanna hear some 127bpm Primo shit.

'Kn oath. With horn breaks!!! Bout friggin time the uptempo breaks were pulled out again.
    Instro please..