cross the track?

moonheadmoonhead 28 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
anyone know if maceo & the macks - cross the track is released on any LP?i know its on james browns funky people from 88 but is it on any real maceo parker lp, or is it 45 only?

Comments

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    i got it on 70s mexican comp LP on polydor. "el sonido negro" or something.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I think it's only on 45, two different 45s (I think).

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    anyone know if maceo & the macks - cross the track is released on any LP?
    i know its on james browns funky people from 88 but is it on any real maceo parker lp, or is it 45 only?

why do you have dj marco hammond as your avatar?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    anyone know if maceo & the macks - cross the track is released on any LP?
    i know its on james browns funky people from 88 but is it on any real maceo parker lp, or is it 45 only?

LOL!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    oh, and no, cross the track isn't on any maceo lp

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    haha

Marco "Hansson" Rocks!

• moonheadmoonhead 28 Posts
    haha... that??s my man bo hansson and he??s not a dj for shure.
    he has bought a new organ now by the way, by the rumors he sold his old one for drugs.

• why not just get the Urban 12 inch of it....super loud pressing, doubled intro, that's the only version of the song i'll ever need.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    This is a different track than the Believers (BrownStone) / Masai (Contempo) version, right?

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    This is a different track than the Believers (BrownStone) / Masai (Contempo) version, right?

yes.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

I HEARD THAT

DONT MAKE ME (CAZ)STEEL YOU

Anyway, here's a good punchline for your next raers party:

"So I asked him, 'Hey Marco! Why the long face!' Har! Har!"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    why not just get the Urban 12 inch of it....super loud pressing, doubled intro, that's the only version of the song i'll ever need.

I'm sayin' though! a constant in the "young phoniks crate".

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    why not just get the Urban 12 inch of it....super loud pressing, doubled intro, that's the only version of the song i'll ever need.

I'm sayin' though! a constant in the "young phoniks crate".

Find this track also on a 1990s Polydor promo 12" sampler for its reissues of JB & Roy Ayers collections. One side is three JBs tunes, the other is three Ayers tracks (inc. Sunshine & Running Away). It has a cool sticker on the front that says Test Pressing. Very nice lil item.

• Find this track also on a 1990s Polydor promo 12" sampler for its reissues of JB & Roy Ayers collections. One side is three JBs tunes, the other is three Ayers tracks (inc. Sunshine & Running Away). It has a cool sticker on the front that says Test Pressing. Very nice lil item.

damn is that the 12 inch version of 'running away" ?, i could use that...with all these legit roy ayers re-issued 12 inches coming out how come there isnt a running away re-press...i could use that and i don't care about having the OG or anything cause im going to just use it for DJaying and it will get beat up, no need to drop $50 or however much it goes for these days.

• Find this track also on a 1990s Polydor promo 12" sampler for its reissues of JB & Roy Ayers collections. One side is three JBs tunes, the other is three Ayers tracks (inc. Sunshine & Running Away). It has a cool sticker on the front that says Test Pressing. Very nice lil item.

damn is that the 12 inch version of 'running away" ?, i could use that...with all these legit roy ayers re-issued 12 inches coming out how come there isnt a running away re-press...i could use that and i don't care about having the OG or anything cause im going to just use it for DJaying and it will get beat up, no need to drop $50 or however much it goes for these days.

You can find the 12" version on a cheap 2lp comp called "Steppin' Out - Disco's greatest hits" (Polydor 1978 / 2lp)

• nickjnickj 53 Posts
    You can find the 12" version on a cheap 2lp comp called "Steppin' Out - Disco's greatest hits" (Polydor 1978 / 2lp)

Although in the interest of pickiness, that comp has all the songs "disco mixed" together.

Or why not just go the grey market route and get that 12 with Running Away on one side and In the Bottle + some ESG track(?) on the other? like 6 bucks.

• Options
    ...ro you could just get this

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

yes.

There are two different Maceo 45s with the Cross the Tracks on one side and different B-sides.

The Believers 45 is actually Maceo under a different name. SAME recording.

The Masai, is a British bootleg where they changed the name to Masai, again SAME track.

So basically you have 45 different ways to get the same song.