Best Hip Hop Singles of '05 So Far

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central

Comments

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    a much more appropriate question that best album. there's gotta be 30+ great singles this year, and maybe 3-4 good albums. that said...

stay fly
    i aint heard of that
    sittin sideways
    wait
    gold digger
    oh
    back then
    hate it or love it
    mic check - NOT the whistle song
    drive slow
    ski mask way
    go crazy remix
    the corner
    give me that - webbie
    bad chick - also webbie
    badd - ying yang & mike jones
    in ya face - ebony eyez
    i'm a king & u don't know me
    three kings
    dear summer

• awallawall 673 Posts
    stay fly
    stay fly
    stay fly
    stay fly
    stay fly
    stay fly

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    i aint heard of that
    give me that - webbie
    bad chick - also webbie
    u don't know me
    three kings

These are 2004 (great songs though)

drive slow
    ski mask way

Not yet singles?

• common-the corner
    3-6 mafia-stay fly
    kanye-drive slow
    paul wall-sittin sidewayz
    slim thug-i ain't heard of that
    a-z-the come up
    ohmega watz-that sound
    gorillaz-feel good inc.
    amerie-one thing
    bleek ft. jay-z-dear summer
    ti-bring em out
    faith evans-mesmerized

just to name a few

• amerie-one thing
    ti-bring em out

Technically 2004, I think.

i aint heard of that
    give me that - webbie
    bad chick - also webbie
    u don't know me
    three kings

These are 2004 (great songs though)

drive slow
    ski mask way

Not yet singles?

whatEVER

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Triple 6 - Stay Fly

Paul Wall - Sittin Sideways

Beanie - Bread & Butter

mac dre/mac mall/40 - dredio

GBs/Face - G Code (oh my god i just saw the video on my friends music choice the other night. so ill)

Keak - Super Hyphy

Z-Ro - Goin Platinum

50 - Ski Mask Way (was this even a single? i'm gonna pretend it was)

Game - Hate It Or Love It

Juelz - Mic Check

Ying Yang - Badd

Ying Yang - Whisper

e-40 - doors open

kanye & jay - diamonds remix

turf talk - is back

david banner - gangster walk & ain't got nothin

quik - fandango

common - the corner

shit like three kings and i aint heard of that and still tippin especially shouldn't count because that shit is like six years old (total).

Keak - Super Hyphy
    e-40 - doors open

Keak - Super Hyphy
    e-40 - doors open

Keak - Super Hyphy
    e-40 - doors open

Keak - Super Hyphy
    e-40 - doors open

damn shame most of the world will never here these songs... both easily in the top 10 for this year...

• they were playing that keak video on bet for a minute there.

get on my hype
    fandango

thems my 2 cents

• I had a KMEL download of Doors Open around Thanksgiving of last year.... it was released on 12" this year but the pressing was so limited it doesn't really matter... I think this cut falls in the "Still Tippin" category

david banner - ain't got nothin

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm assuming Fannypack doesn't count as hip hop, or else "Seven One Eight" would be here in a heartbeat.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    I was feelin that young gunz 1st single where the video had two parts with Daz.

I'm feelin the Paul wall "Sittin Sideways"

"Still fly"

Definetley "Dear Summer"

I ain't gonna front Ciara "Oh" is near the top

get on my hype

can someone PLAESE find me a 12" of this.... ?????

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    I knew I would post forgetting my major 1 which is Juelz "Mic check"

and damn that beans ish is dope....especially the collabo with Jigga even though not 12 released

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    in addition to some of what's been mentioned:

whisper song
    serious AND live wire
    milk em
    be easy
    dear summer
    outta control w/mobb deep

• the collabo with Jigga

was available on the State Property album from 2003... also might have been 12"d at that time, can't remember.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    common - the corner

the collabo with Jigga

was available on the State Property album from 2003... also might have been 12"d at that time, can't remember.

I got an official white label around when B Coming came out, but it had the Roc logo on it so I'm gonna assume it was from the State Prop album...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I had a KMEL download of Doors Open around Thanksgiving of last year.... it was released on 12" this year but the pressing was so limited it doesn't really matter... I think this cut falls in the "Still Tippin" category

you're getting waaay too nitpicky. the album it's on came out in like april, and the 12" around the same time. KMEL always has first dibs on that sort of shit. 40 has his own damn show there now. To say they were playing the cut for the last month of '04 is a huge difference than "Still Tippin'", which was seeing major national radio(?) and video airplay and was on a commercially available album for all of '04 (and some of '03, right?).

if get on my hype came out this year add that to my list, it seems much older

if get on my hype came out this year add that to my list, it seems much older

came out this year... sold out too damn fast...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    came out this year... sold out too damn fast...

you slept! i got my copy

• I had a KMEL download of Doors Open around Thanksgiving of last year.... it was released on 12" this year but the pressing was so limited it doesn't really matter... I think this cut falls in the "Still Tippin" category

you're getting waaay too nitpicky. the album it's on came out in like april, and the 12" around the same time. KMEL always has first dibs on that sort of shit. 40 has his own damn show there now. To say they were playing the cut for the last month of '04 is a huge difference than "Still Tippin'", which was seeing major national radio(?) and video airplay and was on a commercially available album for all of '04 (and some of '03, right?).

Still Tippin was like six years old blud, sure it is not a single of '05 but it's not a single of '04 either, although the commercial release was at that time.

Just saying man, just because the internet community doesn't get the record until a certain point doesn't change when it came out. That shit was on CA radio (like every California record) in 2004, that to me says it's a 2004 single... although, as I mentioned, there were like 200 copies of the 12" pressed this year...

Anyways yes I am being nitpicky because, well, everyone's mentioning 2004 songs

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Anyways yes I am being nitpicky because, well, everyone's mentioning 2004 songs

then where's your list man?

internet community
    KMEL download
    internet community
    KMEL download

• Wow, sorry I didn't know you were ticklish about being called part of the "internet community".... of course, I am part of the "internet community" too... I don't live in the Bay anymore... I just do limewire searches for e-40 and turf talk and such every few weeks... I downloaded "Doors Open" around the time "Streets Novelist" came out, thought nothing of it...

Just not motivated to make a list of my favorite singles from 2005... If "crack music" makes it to 12" that might take it, the new Jim Jones song in rotation is pretty sick...

"7th, Lennox, and what about the east side/El Barrio we blowin smoke while we g ride/Washington Heights dimelo tato, you know/todo bien tato, capo, oh oh"

"the real shit"

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    "ticklish"?

• does anybody have mp3 of the any songs mentioned? cuz what i've heard of the list i really wasn't feeling. i fell off of the real hip hop thread but i think i'm in the king most camp of the boom bapp. i mean i can laugh at (with) some of the songs, but really as best of 2005???

• A couple I like that got no mention yet:

The Hoodstars- Hot Young Chick
    Turf Talk- King Of Rock
    David Banner- Play
    Young Jeezy- Soul Survivor (hate me now!)
    Andre Nickatina/Equipto- Boss Soss Talk
    Federation- What The What (i'm lovin that beat)

• the king most camp of the boom bapp.

oh no.

See what happens when you defend "BE" too much and anticipate "Ohmega Whatts".

I like all rap. I wear my white tea around my head which covers my kufi.

my only pet peave [/b]

why are the "top of 2005" pretty much every deejays club set. I guess I've been doing a best of 2005 all year long.

we need a little spice [/b]

• Platinum Pied P's- Act Like You Know