Ladymixmaster on Ebay... yay or nay?

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
For some reason I recall there being some problem with her grading or perhaps her sending the vinyl?

Comments

• NAY
    her descriptions are wack as hell, things like tracklistings are nice dont you think? plus the pictures sometimes dont match what shes selling, for instance she'll say cover MINT, well from the pic i can tell theres ringwear, wear around the edges etc. plus she types in ALL CAPS, and shes not really a she but a he.

i aint hating, but i aint fucking with it either.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    NAY! I bought a saafir boxcar sessions from her that was way scratchy even though it was graded a VG it was more like PISS POOR!

The third day after the auction ended she put an alert on my account saying that I hadnt paid. I had to send her a money order since she does not accept paypal. she is in cali i am in mi. the auction ended on a saturday. how the fuck was the money order supposed to get there?

oh yeah, then it took 3 weeks for me to get the record.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    isn't s/he the one who had all the personal disses to other sellers in the listings- calling them 'jealous' and even 'ugly' or 'fat'???

i've been noticing a LOT of sellers lately who make it real easy to dismiss their auctions by proving w/pics that their grading is shit, as mentioned above. visible wear on covers listed NM, scratches on shit called VG+ etc

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Here's some other VE info:

http://www.vinylexchange.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=995

I can't remember. Is this the guy who says he's a girl or Rob One's ex-girlfriend?

h

• That's wack LADYMIXMASTER and being a guy. Wouldn't he just say he's a girl if he was a girl.

• I've only ordered from him once and the record was moderately warped (unfit to scratch) and the sleeve was nearly chopped in half (it was a promo) but the description didn't mention it.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    nay --> grading was way off for me as well.

• Her grading is extremely loose....plus she "took" Rob's records after he died and is selling them off on e-bay. There was a thread on the VE board but I can't find it.

• Her grading is extremely loose....plus she "took" Rob's records after he died and is selling them off on e-bay. There was a thread on the VE board but I can't find it.

That's straight scandalous if he/she is. He was a very dope DJ. Have a few mixes from him and slept on the DJ ROB ONE MEATS KEISHA tape a shiwle back as well as a SUGAR HILL MIX he did

Also what is her/his name? I remember in a tape I had she has a little insert saying to not support the bootlegs and whatnot and her name then ONE.

Here we go.

• I've only ordered from him once and the record was moderately warped (unfit to scratch) and the sleeve was nearly chopped in half (it was a promo) but the description didn't mention it.

big ole NAY for me, too. i had a very lousy experience a few years ago and have not fucked with him since-- records fucked up and dirty, sleeves trashed, etc. it was low-dollar stuff, so it wasn't worth beefing over, but dude's grading was straight bullshit.

• I've bought records from this person, which she never sent. She got my money, though, and even had the nerve to leave neg feedback after I'd done that to her. She also sent a very disrespectful e-mail to people on her mailing list claiming that I'm a "lunatic".

Avoid.

• Ladymixmaster is NOT Rob' s girlfriend. Please kill that noise.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    NAY! I bought a saafir boxcar sessions from her that was way scratchy even though it was graded a VG it was more like PISS POOR!

I'm not[/b] stepping up to defend this manwomanthing - he/she sounds like a full blown scumbag...but I gotta say, this business about "it was graded VG and turned out to be all scratched" is something I see on here lot, and I'm confused...isn't "VG" pretty much supposed to be scratchy? I always assume a record graded VG is going to be pretty rough...are there people for who VG means clean? I never buy a record graded VG from eBay unless it's really raer and cheap and I want to risk it.

• Options
    I'm with SoulonIce on this. If it's below VG+, I tend not to buy it (although there are sellers that I would buy a vg record from with no qualms).

K.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    R.I.P Rob One