Those on the search for a job... do they exist?

GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Seen a lot of people post on here that they have been looking with no luck. What do you think?

Comments

• 1.) 99.99999999999999999999% of all jobs I am either not qualified for (97.9%) or wouldn't even consider (2%).
    College is just a cruel trick!

I really don't [i]want/I> a job. I would be perfectly content building my own empire, but in the meantime I need some money. Hmmm.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

No, no jobs in the US.

• 1.) 99.99999999999999999999% of all jobs I am either not qualified for (97.9%) or wouldn't even consider (2%).

I really don't [i]want/I> a job. I would be perfectly content building my own empire, but in the meantime I need some money. Hmmm.

Have you looked at those boards lately? Are there really that many people dying to be insurance agents?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

1.) 99.99999999999999999999% of all jobs I am either not qualified for (97.9%) or wouldn't even consider (2%).

I really don't [i]want</I> a job. I would be perfectly content building my own empire, but in the meantime I need some money. Hmmm.

Dude, get any 9-5 and stack paper. You'll enjoy it, I know you will.

• Snot looking good. I see a bigscreen TV box and and twist cap wine in my future.

• Dude, get any 9-5 and stack paper. You'll enjoy it, I know you will.

That's what they all say.

• I doubt I'll enjoy a 9-5 I specifically pick out.

I wonder what % of people actually enjoy their 9-5.

• I doubt I'll enjoy a 9-5 I specifically pick out.

I wonder what % of people actually enjoy their 9-5.

I'd venture to say it's somewhere in the negatives.

• Give up. Accept your fate. Join the army.

I'm thinking of joining a hippy commune and fornicating with my cousins, actually.

done, done, and nothankew.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I feel you. I need a 9-5 badly right now. Cant seem to land a decent one.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    PM me if you got some JOBS!!! WILL TRADE RAERS.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I feel you. I need a 9-5 baaaaadly, right now!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking of joining a hippy commune...
    Don't call us, we'll call you.

I'm thinking of joining a hippy commune...
    Don't call us, we'll call you.

Ok, but do I provide the cousins or do you

• Just don't call us.

• Just don't call us.

I thought hippies didn't have phones... or zippers... or velcro...

• I don't like your energy. You should really consider disconnecting and getting your mind right. I'd start with a camping trip: High elevations, preferably by a lake or stream, plenty of conifers, clean, cool air. There's nothing quite like it.

• Ummm I think those are called enemas.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Ummm I think those are called vacations.

• Ummm I think those are called vacations.

AHHHHH shit, well, what can i say, I haven't been on vacation in 5 or 6 years.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

Do you know how much daycare is? Gotta make at least a reasonable amount.

did you have a kid in college? that's some productivity right there. be sure to include on resume.

• Responses seem to be bearing out my initial impression.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    "one word for you: plastics"

really... real estate. open job market and the potential for lots of money. i have some friends that do it and it does not seem unbearable at all.
    good luck.

• Man I went through the same shit looking for a job. Its really hard if you don't have experience. The job market sucks in most parts of the US now because there are so many collage grads and not very many good job. A lot of people just keep going back to school to get more degrees, but I have enough debt already I can't afford that shit. When I first got out of school I couldn???t even get a job in a grocery store. I had over 5 years experience from high school and collage and they still wouldn???t hire me. They thought I would quit as soon as something else came along, which I would have. Its really all about who you know. I got my job because the HR person where my girlfriend works told me about it and got me an interview. Just talk to everyone you know and tell them you are looking for a job, and hopefully someone knows someone.

• Internships are the only way to get your foot in the door.

But besides that.

Judging from your posts and general demeneor I would say you're fucked.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    also it helps to eat lunch at places professionals frequent, strike up a conversation with the 40 year old women who look sad, say im looking for a career change about 12 minutes into conversation, buy a martini, BADABING!

That is almost exactly how I got my job.

• Internships are the only way to get your foot in the door.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    When all the doors are shut, here's the final option: english teaching abroad.
    For instance, Argentina is full all young americans teaching english. Plus, after work, they are all with the girls at the bars circuit.