What's y'all's favorite racket?

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I like the numbers game. But bootlegging's also nice.

Comments

• I dig selling records

• corners chopped, 80 on stand by, i think we got it covered.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    the "donkeys painted like zebras tourist trap photo-op" in tijuana is a good racket.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    flipping records

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    welfare

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    man, my girl's had me on a no-weed, no-diet... i fucking love micky-dee's... but i'm drunk noiw.

i meant no-fat food

welfare

plaese tell me this isn't true, baller

• shitty paychecks

• AaronAaron 977 Posts

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    welfare

Save your ethical concerns for another time and place. This is the RACKET thread.

wow, I like this spicy attitude Rey

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I'm down!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Wilson Pro Staff 6.0!

I played at the state championships in Maui, Hawai'i in 1996! I was the only one using one of them old rackets. Actually, there was a time when the Wilson Pro Staff 6.0 was totally sought-after and hard to find. Raer racket.

Same goes for this one. The only racket that can compete with the Pro Staff:

• I played at the state championships in Maui, Hawai'i in 1996! I was the only one using one of them old rackets. Actually, there was a time when the Wilson Pro Staff 6.0 was totally sought-after and hard to find. Raer racket.

Grope[/b]
    Loc: raer plants, fruits, animals and rackets

• Law's my new favourite racket. But Soulstrut in the lecture hall is rapidly working to undermine this...

• welfare

Save your ethical concerns for another time and place. This is the RACKET thread.

So welfare's a racket?

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    through the years:

Elementary years-

emptying our lunchpails of... well, lunch... and filling it with Brachs candy from Woolworths and doing the 3cent sell @ my elementary with my homie Chris (who was my knocker through middle school).

grabbing Muscle Men from Walgreens and selling them for a dollar a piece @ school

Middle School years-

numbers

High School years-

numbers (so fucking easy to do...)

stolen car equipment and cars (my homies moved on to do home invasions and B&Es)

what i did most was (hmmm... how to explain... lets just say...) moderator/middleman between two parties, one who owes and one whos waiting for his fucking money.

drugs (mostly herb but some crack moves here and there... mostly running packs... runnin a block was wack and not enough money. leave that shit to the young kids or stupid ones who have no skills. keep a soldier a soldier... or so i was told once)

College years-

drugs (herb only)

CDs & records (all new product 92-97). between the local DJs & record stores that would buy from me, i had a lot of japanese come through and buy in bulk (why i had so much?: MD @ KSFS (state college), MD @ KCSF (city college), on-air/promo @ KYLD (Wild 107, now 94.9), Gavin Report (94-99), and various street team projects kept packages at my house and jobs for a decade)

Now-

records

• -Selling bootlegged DVD's/CD's

-Selling Muslim Oils and Incents

• through the years:

Elementary years-

emptying our lunchpails of... well, lunch... and filling it with Brachs candy from Woolworths and doing the 3cent sell @ my elementary with my homie Chris (who was my knocker through middle school).

grabbing Muscle Men from Walgreens and selling them for a dollar a piece @ school

Middle School years-

numbers

High School years-

numbers (so fucking easy to do...)

stolen car equipment and cars (my homies moved on to do home invasions and B&Es)

what i did most was (hmmm... how to explain... lets just say...) moderator/middleman between two parties, one who owes and one whos waiting for his fucking money.

drugs (mostly herb but some crack moves here and there... mostly running packs... runnin a block was wack and not enough money. leave that shit to the young kids or stupid ones who have no skills. keep a soldier a soldier... or so i was told once)

College years-

drugs (herb only)

Come on admit it, this is all stuff you did once and then shit your pants We're talking RACKETS here!

I was about a good at selling weed as am at selling records. Keep getting high on my own supply. The most fun and harmless racket was the friend-on-checkout move... 16 cans of Stella Artois, 12c, 400 cigarettes, 23c, Vodka, ooohh, 7c, after we had got enough essentials we topped up on snacks. We were

Come on admit it, this is all stuff you did once and then shit your pants We're talking RACKETS here!

haha... yeah right. really i was never gangster or thugish. wasnt my shit. i was more crazy than gangster. plus i was good at talking, hence:

moderator/middleman between two parties, one who owes and one whos waiting for his fucking money.

i always got the jobs that were holding large sums of money or talking someone down or talking to people about the damage that can happen to them if they dont pay. i think its because i have a friendly and personable face and attitude.

...and fuck you if you think im not fucking personable!

• Come on admit it, this is all stuff you did once and then shit your pants We're talking RACKETS here!

haha... yeah right. really i was never gangster or thugish. wasnt my shit. i was more crazy than gangster. plus i was good at talking, hence:

moderator/middleman between two parties, one who owes and one whos waiting for his fucking money.

i always got the jobs that were holding large sums of money or talking someone down or talking to people about the damage that can happen to them if they dont pay. i think its because i have a friendly and personable face and attitude.

...and fuck you if you think im not fucking personable!

The 10 minutes I spent talking with your dad let me know exactly where you got the gift of gab. Pops is mad cool (and on a serious health kick!).

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Grope,

I always wanted to play with those Pro Staff 6.0s (no homo) but could never find them. What were they good for? I have pretty much modeled my serve and volley game after Pete Sampras and then Patrck Rafter, and I know that Pete used those PSs. Is that what those rackets were designed for? If so, I might have to try and dig some up.

I really like my Wilson nCode Six-One 95. It's a little on the heavy side, but it's perfectly balanced, in my opinion. Unlike most rackets which are top-heavy, this one, contrary to most reviews I've read, is easy to maneuver. It's also not a bulky, 'roid racket, which seems to be the norm these days. I guess the racket Federer uses is only 90 sq. inches. Takin' it back to the good old days.

• that dudes body cant be real! look at his fucking arms!

that dudes body cant be real! look at his fucking arms!

yeah he should push up the sleeves on that jacket a little...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Cocaina.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Grope,

I always wanted to play with those Pro Staff 6.0s (no homo) but could never find them. What were they good for? I have pretty much modeled my serve and volley game after Pete Sampras and then Patrck Rafter, and I know that Pete used those PSs. Is that what those rackets were designed for? If so, I might have to try and dig some up.

I really like my Wilson nCode Six-One 95. It's a little on the heavy side, but it's perfectly balanced, in my opinion. Unlike most rackets which are top-heavy, this one, contrary to most reviews I've read, is easy to maneuver. It's also not a bulky, 'roid racket, which seems to be the norm these days. I guess the racket Federer uses is only 90 sq. inches. Takin' it back to the good old days.

The old Pro Staff series was not designed for serve and volley. They were very heavy and stiff rackets. Top heavy. I could play with it so well, because I got a pretty good technique and a heavy racket allowed me to play comfortably from the baseline. My serve was quite strong, but I was never a serve and volley type of player. I didn't feel good playing volleys with the Pro Staff. A light racket would have been easier to move at the net.
    You know that all modern designed rackets are long and lightweighted. I couldn't change my style after learning to play tennis with the Pro Staff series or Princes Garphite 90. I once had to use a Wilson Hammer on a tournament (my strings broke on 3 rackets) and I lost quickly. All my shots were long. Even the serve. I never got used to light rackets...

But you're right. You need to find a perfectly balanced for your style. Pro Staff 6.0 was perfect for me.

Excuse my English. I don't know how to explain this better.