Giant 4 mclusky ain't looking like such a bad deal

2»

Comments

• Options
    K Howes?

K.

• what does Giant for Mclusky mean?

C'mon Young Mack! "All you wet mouths trading Giant for McClusky, that shit is dead with me." Do your homework foolio. Respect the big dudes! This is dialogue from the Conmen mix tapes son. Supreme was lettin' fools know the deal.

True true... but how many got the cd and how many got the orig cassette?... I think it was Smooth Criminals... one of my first purchases, shrunked my head from the big dude I thought I was...

Nah that ain't on Smooth Criminals.

i think it's the conmen's third one. it's got the blaxsploitation record in the background.
    it has nothing to do with you phil, it was from that mix tape (or mix cd as it were).
    if i remember right supreme said it was some guy from vancouver or something who made that trade. he's on here so maybe he can shed some light..

deerock shed some light will you?

Okay, I do remember the story now. Yeah, I did do some dealings with hommie in Canada. But I think the story somehow got twisted around that I traded a copy of Giant to him for McCluskey. I guess it was somebody else who made that particular trade, but it surely wasn't me.

I think I did get jobbed for a beat up copy of Grant Smith & The Power, though.

• Options
    what does Giant for Mclusky mean?

C'mon Young Mack! "All you wet mouths trading Giant for McClusky, that shit is dead with me." Do your homework foolio. Respect the big dudes! This is dialogue from the Conmen mix tapes son. Supreme was lettin' fools know the deal.

True true... but how many got the cd and how many got the orig cassette?... I think it was Smooth Criminals... one of my first purchases, shrunked my head from the big dude I thought I was...

i think it's the conmen's third one. it's got the blaxsploitation record in the background.
    it has nothing to do with you phil, it was from that mix tape (or mix cd as it were).
    if i remember right supreme said it was some guy from vancouver or something who made that trade. he's on here so maybe he can shed some light..

deerock shed some light will you?

Okay, I do remember the story now. Yeah, I did do some dealings with hommie in Canada. But I think the story somehow got twisted around that I traded a copy of Giant to him for McCluskey. I guess it was somebody else who made that particular trade, but it surely wasn't me.

Wasn't me, was it ???? YOu can sell that for good change to Garage/Beat dudes regardless.

K>

K.

• Okay, I do remember the story now. Yeah, I did do some dealings with hommie in Canada. But I think the story somehow got twisted around that I traded a copy of Giant to him for McCluskey. I guess it was somebody else who made that particular trade, but it surely wasn't me.

I don't even remember who he was talkin about. I think the trader of McClusky was from Toronto.

• K Howes?

K.

fuck that.

this is one for preme or jake to explain...

• The flute part at the end of the title track is pretty cool too. I like how out of nowhere the Queen of Downs shit is. Plus, i happen to be so stoned its tragic.

• This record has been steadily declining in price. I bought a copy a couple years back (at TSL) for $45, it had the beginning of a split and a couple light marks, nothing major. Solid "E" condition. Flipped it for $75 on ebay. That was a year or two ago.

Personally I think the record stinks, largely because of the lackluster vocals... but I'm not so much of a breaks head.

By contrast, TSL sells McLusky for $45, or did last I checked.

they have a E/E- copy of giant on the site now for $90.

I think the low price of the one they had on ebay is due to both the fact that it had a reserve but also the condition of the cover. It had splits both in top and bottom.

But it also seems like the interest for the record have fallen lately.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

Then its on The Masters... I only have two of thier tapes and it either one of those.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    It is on The Masters. Here is a clip from the intro

http://s26.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3H912AWUMERI41AE0PK3VDZFKS

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    whats that tune playin in the background, that was used for that one Common joint. that shit is fuckin SICK

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    "is this fuckin' A-1 record finders or somethin', cuz you know, the information is classified"

• "is this fuckin' A-1 record finders or somethin', cuz you know, the information is classified"

when he said that shit i felt sort of embarresed because i'd emailed him about certain titles.

• slightly off topic but remember when supreme dissed some dude up in Toronto? It was on volume 3.

• "is this fuckin' A-1 record finders or somethin', cuz you know, the information is classified"

when he said that shit i felt sort of embarresed because i'd emailed him about certain titles.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!! I said that because there was some dude calling the office everyday about some stupid Ferrante and Teicher record. I really don't give a shit about all that secret squirrel stuff besides the records I actually use anymore. Even then its not that serious. At the time we were getting hated on by "east coast haters" and we couldn't get our tapes in any stores. I'm suprised to this day about how many people heard those tapes.

the record in question is Fania All Stars. The hommie No Id played it for me, Moss and Pee at his crib before that album came out. It was definitely a moment.

• Options
    "is this fuckin' A-1 record finders or somethin', cuz you know, the information is classified"

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!! I said that because there was some dude calling the office everyday about some stupid Ferrante and Teicher record. I really don't give a shit about all that secret squirrel stuff besides the records I actually use anymore. Even then its not that serious. At the time we were getting hated on by "east coast haters" and we couldn't get our tapes in any stores. I'm suprised to this day about how many people heard those tapes.

the record in question is Fania All Stars. The hommie No Id played it for me, Moss and Pee at his crib before that album came out. It was definitely a moment.

The funk tune on there? I forget the name.

Who was the Toronto cat you were dissin'?

K.

• The funk tune on there? I forget the name.

Who was the Toronto cat you were dissin'?

K.
    I don't think we were really dissing anybody.

• It is on The Masters. Here is a clip from the intro

holy shit, these tapes are still the best ever...
    that was digging...

props to preme and jake...

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    It is on The Masters. Here is a clip from the intro

that was digging...

what year was that 'Masters' tape ?

that dialogue is classic !!!!

• It is on The Masters. Here is a clip from the intro

that was digging...

what year was that 'Masters' tape ?

that dialogue is classic !!!!

98 or 99? That's probably the last time anybody will hear my voice on anything as well. Lol. Maybe it was just being young but we really had the mentality that we wanted to smash foolios in raers and samples at the time. I wanted to make people feel baffled like I felt when I heard Phil's shit or Muro's tape.

• Options
    slightly off topic but remember when supreme dissed some dude up in Toronto? It was on volume 3.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I think we did that in 96-97'. What funk tune? Like Jake said we had a lot of haters who fronted on us and wouldn't carry our tapes!!!! Like Fatbeats for one, and I only name them because Kon and Amir came out with their shit way after us and were almost using the same records and of course had distribution because Amir worked there who told me he couldn't distribute our shit! That was some foul hater shit, I'm not buying it !!!!!!!!!! For the record we didn't "diss" anybody. That was just us clowning and having fun. For real though people would call us everyday asking what something was and it just got kind of funny.

• 98 or 99? That's probably the last time anybody will hear my voice on anything as well. Lol. Maybe it was just being young but we really had the mentality that we wanted to smash foolios in raers and samples at the time. I wanted to make people feel baffled like I felt when I heard Phil's shit or Muro's tape.

yea...and that was a cool attitude when you were able to back it up.

• slightly off topic but remember when supreme dissed some dude up in Toronto? It was on volume 3.

Are u talking about the song? Nobody was supposed to hear that. Lol. It was a inside joke and a half.

Are u talking about the song?
    Yup. Are you still rhyming, Preme?

• If you want it for the break, get this one instead... you can catch the break without the crowd noise.

NO WAY MAN ARE YOU ON CRACK?
    The Jean Shepherd is nowhere near the same recording. It DOES have the lame crowd noise as well as a horrible EQ job. Also it's barely 2 bars long. The giant is WAAAY better.

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    slightly off topic but remember when supreme dissed some dude up in Toronto? It was on volume 3.

Are u talking about the song? Nobody was supposed to hear that. Lol. It was a inside joke and a half.

Oh hell no....which song was it? Don't tell me it's what I think it is...HAHA

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts

People don't want to know about all the Jake one lp's I got.... lol. I even got the EP Supreme and Jake did dissing Attic and I...man we had time on our hands back then...lol

People don't want to know about all the Jake one lp's I got.... lol. I even got the EP Supreme and Jake did dissing Attic and I...man we had time on our hands back then...lol
    That shit had me fooled.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

If you want it for the break, get this one instead... you can catch the break without the crowd noise. [/b]

NO WAY MAN ARE YOU ON CRACK?
    The Jean Shepherd is nowhere near the same recording. It DOES have the lame crowd noise as well as a horrible EQ job. Also it's barely 2 bars long. The giant is WAAAY better.

Your on crack, re-read what I wrote.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Breakz