Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

The guy who has the bid up is french.

• if i did that i'd lose about half my business.

• whats funny is a lot of those records are records that french people bid on.
    crappy underground hiphop records.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    whats funny is a lot of those records are records that french people bid on.

Well, that's what he says - that the last two times he ran this auction, Frnch bidders won and then wouldn't pay. It seems extreme, but I can see where he's coming from. He'll prolly end up selling to a French dude that e-mails him and promises to pay the shipping cost.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

• whats funny is a lot of those records are records that french people bid on.

Well, that's what he says - that the last two times he ran this auction, Frnch bidders won and then wouldn't pay. It seems extreme, but I can see where he's coming from. He'll prolly end up selling to a French dude that e-mails him and promises to pay the shipping cost.

i understand but i dont think hes gonna get much for them if no one from france is allowed to bid on them. i have had no problems with france that i can recall, i understand lots of people have though.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    A lot of my business goes to france/french canadians. no matter how slow they might be in paying me--they pay. and while one item i sold was a big item (almost 600 bucks)--i waited and waited patiently--and got the dough right when i needed it most (for my vacation).
    what came after was a complicated matter--he moved from canada to france--so the record was sent back and i had to resend it to france, but he paid the extra charges in shipping--so all was good.
    but if i had said no to france and french canadians--i'd have only made a fraction as what i make on ebay.
    this dude is doing himself in.

• there is this crappy restaurant around here that has freedom fries on the menu instead of french fries. i feel like i'm in the belly of the beast...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

there is this crappy restaurant around here that has freedom fries on the menu instead of french fries. i feel like i'm in the belly of the beast...

I'm the type of dude who would be like "Lemme get some FRENCH fries."

"Um sir we sell Freedom Fries."

"NAH MAN, I don't want them. GIMME SOME FRENCH FRIES YO."

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    fucking racists

• I can't beleive people were pissed at the French for not having our back in Iraq. This country boggles the fucking mind.

• I can't beleive people were pissed at the French for not having our back in Iraq. This country boggles the fucking mind.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I can't beleive people were pissed at the French for not having our back in Iraq. This country boggles the fucking mind.

yeah, but also fuck all the moral grandstanding they did about it. It just wasnt good buisiness for them since they were dealing with the current regime.

Fuck Politicians in general.

Gotta love french people though.

....good fries.

yeah, but also fuck all the moral grandstanding they did about it. It just wasnt good buisiness for them since they were dealing with the current regime.

Fuck Politicians in general.

....good fries.

• Damn.. Andy you scared me off once again with that post title!!

Ah ah! That's great. Maybe I will bid just for the fun of it. And then screw up his auction once again. Bad feedback is worth the good laugh..

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    ive never written that on an auction but i would say that i partially agree.

maybe those of you who are dealers full-time have had great contact with french people... i have not. ive had two full on problems where eBay AND paypal had to get together to deal with this one dude... and the following month deal with another French winner who REFUSED to pay for the auction because he bid too high accidently... fuck those dudes that i dealt with. french or not they needed bullets in the grill to stop that fucking french yapping they kept up with for weeks.

i have problems with americans as well who buy rap music and are too fucking poor to be fucking bidding on shit. its okay to NOT have a record assholes... dont fuck up my ebaying experience because of your little boy need to have more music than your fucking newbie digging partner. THIS SHITS BUSINESS BITCH! you fuck with my business and live in america and i will knock on your door... eventually. dont start to believe i dont travel around the states bitches...

or cats who tell me they want a record that i have for set sale and then weeks later after multiple PMs they get back to you and say "oh i just got one. sorry." (not posted for soul_syndrome... though quite some time passed there partner)

anyway... get back to crying about shit.

• Damn.. Andy you scared me off once again with that post title!!

Ah ah! That's great. Maybe I will bid just for the fun of it. And then screw up his auction once again. Bad feedback is worth the good laugh..

well, I didnt start this post.... but damn that French dude who effed me over!!!!

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    the high frequency of defaulting French bidders is getting to be a real fucking headache - if I'm having to auction the same damn record for a 3rd time shit is getting stupid.

I really don't understand what the logic behind that sort of bidding is either - I mean, fuck it, if you aren't gonna pay anyway - bid on a yacht, a picasso & a fleet of Mercedes while you're at it...

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I'm pretty sure both Pat's and Geno's in South Philly serve "Freedom Fries." But, then again, they're violently anti-Mumia, too.

-e

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Plaese to not look at this post as an anti-french thing, but there's this french guy who buys argentinian folk records from me. He always pays....3 or 4 weeks after the action's end. I remember the first time: after 3 weeks I sent a "hi, do you still want the record?" polite mail. His response: "I'm busy, will pay when I can". Well, he paid. Now I don't even bother. If he wins, I just wait.

VIVE LA FRANCE!

• I'm pretty sure both Pat's and Geno's in South Philly serve "Freedom Fries." But, then again, they're violently anti-Mumia, too.

-e

Pat's is all about the cops, and the cops are all about Pat's. I was there one night and some dude started causing trouble. There were like three squad cars there in like less then five minutes, and they all left with cheese steaks in hand.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• ah sheet i was keeping an eye on that auction. buy it now is shady

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

....good fries.

French fries are just called French. The Belgians invented fries. Like Waffles. But Belgian waffles are really Belgian.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm pretty sure both Pat's and Geno's in South Philly serve "Freedom Fries." But, then again, they're violently anti-Mumia, too.

-e

Geno's does the Freedom Fries and the "Fry Mumia" T-Shirts. Pat's is normal.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

-e

Geno's does the Freedom Fries and the "Fry Mumia" T-Shirts. Pat's is normal.

Damn. Too bad I like Geno's food better.

-e

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

1 testicle = more aerodynamique.