Middle of the Week Digs

124»

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Payday, so I picked up my hold pile at the spot that has been having the dope jazz windfall:

OG UK press

super clean textured original, "Who's Pimpin' Who?"

Gettin' my free jazz on. Another minty one, that's been the beauty of this stuff getting put out at this spot, whoever owned these records took serious care with them.

Also, tonight, while killing time before a movie, finally found a bargain copy of this one, which I see in every store in town, but always $12-20...this one was $6:

and a decent 1975 Philips Brazil compilation, "Os Maiores Sambas Enredos de Todos os Tempos - Vol III" for cheap as well.

I was supposed to be in there buying a birthday present for my friend, and I grabbed him a sealed copy of this UK import 3 CD:

...but I really wanted to keep it for myself...

Dig of the day, though, came later tonight when I hung out at the radio station library, smoking grass in the stacks, pulling out old psych records that hadn't been played in 30 years, just having a grand old time, and found a copy of the Rhine Oaks 45 on Atco!!

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

??h, who/whats that jazz fusion white/black cover, looks like an atlantic label in the upper left corner...?

• Johny Lytle on Riverside. Straight jazz.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Johny Lytle on Riverside. Straight jazz.

i think Up meant the lower right corner, it's 'Jazz Fusion' on AVI, and it's actually kind of dance-oriented disco jazz, like 1980...I figured it would either be totally lame or great, truth is it's in the middle. Decent funky jazz, a tad over orchestrated. Think Salsoul Orchestra.

• Johny Lytle on Riverside. Straight jazz.

i think Up meant the lower right corner, it's 'Jazz Fusion' on AVI, and it's actually kind of dance-oriented disco jazz, like 1980...I figured it would either be totally lame or great, truth is it's in the middle. Decent funky jazz, a tad over orchestrated. Think Salsoul Orchestra.

i got one on my website if anybody needs it [/plug]