Rap mix treat for your azzes (Cash Money Bros)

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    wow, this is fucking flashback city!

I just started part 1 and I already know I'm gonna love this shit.

"I Can't Hold It Back" (ie. the song he made before "Welcome to Wendy's Can I Take Your Order, Please?") man, I haven't heard alot of these since they came out.

Thanks for posting this up. I wish I could post these old Rip One and Kair One mixes I had transfered to MP3. They were real similar, but they all got lost when my other HD crashed.

Definition of :

• If this post reaches 40 posts.... I'll post up vol 4. for good times sake.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I'm gonna track those mixes down and try to post em up later tonight.

"yo rip the hardcore style for the b-boy....hit me with that funk..oh the mack dose?"

I was about to mention this one in the scratch thread too.

• thanks for posting these.

• please

• the

• mix

• thank you!

i think that is 40

• haha.. man ill do it up tommorrow.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I used to get all mine at Gramaphone...fuck I wish I had all those old tapes. laaaaaaaaaame

downloading these now Meaty, thanks for upping them, I'm sure this is gonna bring back some old Chicago memories.

• I used to get all mine at Gramaphone...fuck I wish I had all those old tapes. laaaaaaaaaame

downloading these now Meaty, thanks for upping them, I'm sure this is gonna bring back some old Chicago memories.

dude, you're in LA. you need to holler at ponyboy. get those tapes. make friends too.

• I used to get all mine at Gramaphone...fuck I wish I had all those old tapes. laaaaaaaaaame

dude, you're in LA. you need to holler at ponyboy. get those tapes. make friends too.

Who's PonyBoy? I got a lot of mixtapes. There are a lot of forums for dub trading. Shit is ridicolous but I don't fuck with a lot of them because I like having OG with covers. Covers are half the dopeness.

Half the time if your mixtape doesn't have a dope looking cover it won't sell no matter how dope it is.

• wow, old Rip One and Kair One mixes I had transfered to MP3.

don't joke around, meng. "rippign shit up" = one of my fav. tapes ever.

• man, I wish I still had that Roc Raida - STuck In the Past tape... I love the way he mixes that shit up.

• 'Ripping Shit up' is still incredible'.
    I had a shop here in the 90s & ordered so many tapes. Kept a copy of each one for myself. A lot of them came from Dave Paul.
    Damn i need a good tape deck to convert.

This has gee'd me up.

All the early Innernational tapes were sick & got mad love here.
    I've got a whole lot of stuff from NMS seminars as well. Fuck I hope I can find them...
    Mad shit, Thank for posting.

Check this UK fella who is uploading his 80s cassettes into MP3s. http://www.richcolour.com/mastermix/
    Some gold on there.

• meaty i got stuck in the past for you. once again, as a kid who grew up on payback garcia in milwaukee, I WILL BUY DUDES MEALS FOR MORE OF THIS SHIT.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    thanks for these. Boom Shalakalaka Boom never sounded so good.

• man, I wish I still had that Roc Raida - STuck In the Past tape... I love the way he mixes that shit up.

I slept on that tape a few years back. Was it really dope?

• Meaty, THANK YOU for sharing these. This poos all over every "early 90s mix" that's come out since the early 90s, and these dudes ain't had no ProTools.

Damn, this mix is good.

• eetzeetz 53 Posts
    thanks meatyogre, so worthwhile

• seriously, the vol. 4 is not worth posting cuz the tape hiss makes it real unenjoyable to listen to. When I come across some more of these.. I'll post em for yall. I'm glad you were all feelin it.... These tapes put me up on so much shit back when I first heard em

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    i almost sh*t when i saw this post...i've still got a couple of these lying around the crib...i always thought these dudes were out of Milwaukee (but Chicago makes sense), i didn't get a chance to read the whole post but do you have any background on CMB?
    i lent an 80's CMB tape to my boy who was supposed to convert it so maybe i can contribute...

• i almost sh*t when i saw this post...i've still got a couple of these lying around the crib...i always thought these dudes were out of Milwaukee (but Chicago makes sense), i didn't get a chance to read the whole post but do you have any background on CMB?
    i lent an 80's CMB tape to my boy who was supposed to convert it so maybe i can contribute...

CMB was Pony Boy, and possibly another dude.... who made a shitload of mixtapes in the 90s. I think the last one they did probobly came out around 96.

• eetzeetz 53 Posts
    Could someone confirm/correct something for me?

about 24 minutes into part 1, there is a song with a guy(my guess is bushwick bill) who tells a story about different women, and the last women he speaks about leads into the story of how his eye got shot out.

Name of the track? album?

Thanks guys.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    bushwick bill

"ever so clear"

• bushwick bill

"ever so clear"

crucial fucking album

• Damn, that tape got worn out bitd...it's funny, it was my step pops who put me on to "Ever So Clear"! He was a hardcore rap fanatic.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    my step pops was a hardcore rap fanatic.

• i almost sh*t when i saw this post...i've still got a couple of these lying around the crib...i always thought these dudes were out of Milwaukee (but Chicago makes sense), i didn't get a chance to read the whole post but do you have any background on CMB?

CMB was Pony Boy, and possibly another dude.... who made a shitload of mixtapes in the 90s. I think the last one they did probobly came out around 96.

wrong.

those dudes went well into 98. I think reckanize the real came out in 97, and then hip hop junky in 98 (CMB#10)

Lost track of the whole mixtape scene after that.