Usher tells Kanye not to "poke fun"

keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
USHER URGES AMERICA'S YOUTH TO COME TOGETHER + IGNORE KANYE USHERR+B hunk USHER is the latest star to attack KANYE WEST over comments he made at an all-star Hurricane Katrina fundraiser a week ago (02SEP05).The YEAH! singer claims the rapper was wrong to point the finger of blame at President GEORGE W BUSH, who he accused of being a racist, during the telethon.And the R+B star, who will be among performers appearing on an MTV telethon tonight (10SEP05), states, "I wasn't mad at Kanye's statement - that's his opinion - but it's obviously not the opportunity or the time to poke fun or appoint blame."This is an opportunity where we all need to come together - musicians, actors, politicians - and help the (American) Gulf region."Usher is grateful that none of his family members live near the disaster zones in southeast America - but he feels like he's lost the musical heritage of New Orleans, Louisiana, which was left devastated by the tragedy.He explains, "The music that we listen to every day... was founded in New Orleans... This city is basically gone, the history of it has gone."

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    USHER URGES AMERICA'S YOUTH TO COME TOGETHER + IGNORE KANYE

USHER

R+B hunk USHER is the latest star to attack KANYE WEST over comments he made at an all-star Hurricane Katrina fundraiser a week ago (02SEP05).

The YEAH! singer claims the rapper was wrong to point the finger of blame at President GEORGE W BUSH, who he accused of being a racist, during the telethon.

And the R+B star, who will be among performers appearing on an MTV telethon tonight (10SEP05), states, "I wasn't mad at Kanye's statement - that's his opinion - but it's obviously not the opportunity or the time to poke fun or appoint blame.

"This is an opportunity where we all need to come together - musicians, actors, politicians - and help the (American) Gulf region."

Usher is grateful that none of his family members live near the disaster zones in southeast America - but he feels like he's lost the musical heritage of New Orleans, Louisiana, which was left devastated by the tragedy.

He explains, "The music that we listen to every day... was founded in New Orleans... This city is basically gone, the history of it has gone."

thats fake. Usher said so.

• USHER URGES AMERICA'S YOUTH TO COME TOGETHER + IGNORE KANYE

USHER

R+B hunk USHER is the latest star to attack KANYE WEST over comments he made at an all-star Hurricane Katrina fundraiser a week ago (02SEP05).

The YEAH! singer claims the rapper was wrong to point the finger of blame at President GEORGE W BUSH, who he accused of being a racist, during the telethon.

And the R+B star, who will be among performers appearing on an MTV telethon tonight (10SEP05), states, "I wasn't mad at Kanye's statement - that's his opinion - but it's obviously not the opportunity or the time to poke fun or appoint blame.

"This is an opportunity where we all need to come together - musicians, actors, politicians - and help the (American) Gulf region."

Usher is grateful that none of his family members live near the disaster zones in southeast America - but he feels like he's lost the musical heritage of New Orleans, Louisiana, which was left devastated by the tragedy.

He explains, "The music that we listen to every day... was founded in New Orleans... This city is basically gone, the history of it has gone."

has Mike Myers commented anywhere about it?

• thats fake. Usher said so.

Just because he (now) says its fake, doesn't mean that he didn't say it. i read about this on salon.com (which is pretty reputable), but then again, they were quoting some magazine in the UK which I never heard of. Either way, its not groundbreaking news, just

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Just because he (now) says its fake, doesn't mean that he didn't say it. i read about this on salon.com (which is pretty reputable), but then again, they were quoting some magazine in the UK which I never heard of. Either way, its not groundbreaking news, just

ehh, he probably did say it. But i mean, he also said he wasnt mad at the statement. Personally i thought it was a little sick how politicians lept on the opportunity to talk smack.

I really dont think kanye had a political agenda in mind when he said it, but the bloodsuckers on both sides would love to bitch about it instead of facing up to the real problem and helping people who need help.

• I'm not gonna even try to figure out if this is true or not. Frankly, I don't give a shit about what Usher has to say about anything. But, for anyone that saw the Kanye footage, it was obvious that he was not poking fun at anything. He was upset, mad, frightened, and concerned. Feelings that every normal person should have been feeling.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

has Mike Myers commented anywhere about it?

that's what i'd like to know. he's probably stil hyper-ventilating somewhere in Scarborough.

• I heard usher told TheMack not to poke her out, yo.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Frankly, I don't give a shit about what Usher has to say about anything.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    just a side note, does anyone remember usher "retiring" 3-4years ago, because his mother didn't want him getting too wrapped up in showbiz, losing his virginity or something? i read in some gossip rag a few weeks ago that he was in a six-way with some hot mamas in london. six-way.

• Frankly, I don't give a shit about what Usher or Kanye have to say about anything.
    Frankly, I don't give a shit about what Usher or Kanye have to say about anything.
    Frankly, I don't give a shit about what Usher or Kanye have to say about anything.
    Frankly, I don't give a shit about what Usher or Knaye have to say about anything.

• i read in some gossip rag a few weeks ago that he was in a six-way with some hot mamas in london. six-way.

• i read in some gossip rag a few weeks ago that he was in a six-way with some hot mamas in london. six-way.

WOW!

I'm not even sure how to do that!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    i read in some gossip rag a few weeks ago that he was in a six-way with some hot mamas in london. six-way.

Fuck gossip. Don't listen to everything you hear/read. Just the stuff you see with your own eyes.

Someone from his label 5 years ago told me he was bi-sexual. Not that I would want to see that with my own eyes tho...

Good or bad gossip can either make you or break you.

I would like to see Kanye run for Prez & Usher for V.P.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    '

now back to lunch:

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I would like to see Kanye run for Prez & Usher for V.P.
    funky cabinet 2008

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts