Weeds

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Anybody else watch this Showtime series? I kinda like it. Kevin Neelan is a funny dude and Mary-Louise Parker is quite the MILF. At first I was a bit turned off by the semi-racial comments and the stereotyping, but then I realized how real the dialogue is. I know a lot of suburban folks that are very nonchalant and ignorant in their interactions with other races.Anyways, I was pretty shocked (and impressed) to hear Marion Black's "Who Knows" in the most recent episode. (Sampled by RJD2:"Who knows what tomorrow will bring, maybe sunshine and maybe rain/But as for me, I'll wait & see, and maybe it'll bring my love to me/Who knows?") Was that song ever really known known, or was it some obscure gem that RJ shed some light on?Oh yeah, I like the theme song, too, "Little Boxes" by Malvina Reynolds. So appropriate. HermP.S. You can check the songs I mentioned here.

Comments

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    That webpage you linked is RACIST!

I got this error: "We at Showtime Online express our apologies; however, these pages are intended for access only from within the United States."

• I have the show a shot, but that shit is pretty corny dont you think? She is super sloppy about selling weed..which is a turn off already for me. My girl is still trying to find something to take the place of Six Feed Under but I get the feeling this isnt it.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I have the show a shot, but that shit is pretty corny dont you think? She is super sloppy about selling weed..which is a turn off already for me. My girl is still trying to find something to take the place of Six Feed Under but I get the feeling this isnt it.

how is she super sloppy? It aint really rocket science.

When does the wire start again?

• I have the show a shot, but that shit is pretty corny dont you think? She is super sloppy about selling weed..which is a turn off already for me. My girl is still trying to find something to take the place of Six Feed Under but I get the feeling this isnt it.

how about picking your kid up from band practice/dance practice/or whatever the fuck it was and trading a bag for money with all kinds of parents in the same room/hallway. Pretty fucking sloppy if you ask me. I know its just a show..but you aint gonna catch me being that sloppy when it comes to something like that.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i liked it. ive only seen 2 episodes, but from what i saw i was feeling it. i will be watching it again on a regular basis, if i remember.

one of the episodes i saw, was when her brother in-law (?) moved in, had phone sex with her sons deaf girlfriend, and found out she deals....then there was some weird plane crash scene at the end that confused/tripped the hell out of me. anyone wanna fix me up on what was going down?

and ya, Mary-Louise Parker is a mom i would definately fuck....

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I think the show is really funny, expecially the uncle that popped in to stay with them for a while. I liked when he scolded his nephew for smoking pot in his room, took his pipe from him, hit it, then handed it back saying "that is pretty much cashed" and walked off.

• I think the show is really funny, expecially the uncle that popped in to stay with them for a while. I liked when he scolded his newphew for smoking pot in his room, took his pipe from him, hit it, then handed it back saying "that is pretty much cashed" and walked off.

What you just wrote actually happened to me. My uncle did the same thing , almost verbatim to what you described. I felt a little bit

• i've watched all the episodes so far and it's cool. the scenes were she cops her herb are always a little too over dramatic for me, but she's a milf so that always helps.

how about picking your kid up from band practice/dance practice/or whatever the fuck it was and trading a bag for money with all kinds of parents in the same room/hallway. Pretty fucking sloppy if you ask me. I know its just a show..but you aint gonna catch me being that sloppy when it comes to something like that.

You need to come and see the fools on my block if you think that's sloppy.

• wow, i dont anything bout this show but i gotta say thank you. idk if its common knowledge but ive been tryin to figure out that rjd2 song for the longest time. Now, does anybody got a copy for me or at least an mp3?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    aw shit ! i thought this post was going to be about gardeners..

you're a disappointment to all La Raza

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    from what i've seen in the show i like. the black dude from 40 year old virgin was hilarious in that movie, but i'm disappointed he isnt' funnier in this show.

• wow, i dont anything bout this show but i gotta say thank you. idk if its common knowledge but ive been tryin to figure out that rjd2 song for the longest time. Now, does anybody got a copy for me or at least an mp3?

http://s25.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1C8722WNVR2ZE1BHBGVKQ2BJLK

• aw shit ! i thought this post was going to be about gardeners..

you're a disappointment to all La Raza

You're a fuckin' fucker, fucker.

• one of the episodes i saw, was when her brother in-law (?) moved in, had cyber[/b] sex with her sons deaf girlfriend, and found out she deals....then there was some weird plane crash scene at the end that confused/tripped the hell out of me. anyone wanna fix me up on what was going down?

The plane crash was actually cargo (cases of soda) from a plane that landed in the neighbor's bedroom. It was odd 'cause as it happened, the neighbor wife - who had been rather depressed - told her husband she had breast cancer.

I missed the kick-off episode/mini-movie, but I guess Mary-Louise's husband died from a heart attack and she started dealing to maintain her lifestyle. The brother-in-law is a deadbeat who moves in to mooch off the family. Turns out his ol' partner (no homo) is from the family that supplies her with weed. Of course, now that he can blackmail her, he ain't going nowhere. He just got busted with some of her weed and was sentenced to Marijuana Anonymous classes, in which he ended up smoking out and fucking his sponsor.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Anyways, I was pretty shocked (and impressed) to hear Marion Black's "Who Knows" in the most recent episode. (Sampled by RJD2:"Who knows what tomorrow will bring, maybe sunshine and maybe rain/But as for me, I'll wait & see, and maybe it'll bring my love to me/Who knows?") Was that song ever really known known, or was it some obscure gem that RJ shed some light on?

The Capsoul label CD comp that came out a year or two ago featured it prominently... the Numero Group (which put it out) is a tinyass label but seems to get a lot of mainstream exposure with each release...

• I found the show to be pretty cheesy as well. Something about it doesn't work, but i'm hoping that will be resolved by mid season. The relationships seem kind of hollow and under developed. Usually hanging alot on child actors isn't the way to go....unless the actors and the writing are phenomenal. The music is good, and the mom is cute though
    L

You need to come and see the fools on my block if you think that's sloppy.

well hustling on the corner is a little different than a soccer mom selling to PTA members and shit.