Somebody say something...

2»

Comments

• Did everyone go to sleep?

going. night.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm here, dude. Drinking dodging mice listening to mASHUP

• Is it just the inst. to the Themes version? I have the Jazzman 45 of that one and it has the inst. on the flip.

I fucking LOVE that song a whole lot.

Did everyone go to sleep?

No, it's a different Themes library, like "Sounds of LA" or something. Maybe 1978? It's a totally different version. Kind of a rock-y disco thing. It's not that great but if you're into the song it's cool to hear.

Here's the cover version that my friends did last year:
    That's What Friends Are For

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Is it just the inst. to the Themes version? I have the Jazzman 45 of that one and it has the inst. on the flip.

I fucking LOVE that song a whole lot.

Did everyone go to sleep?

No, it's a different Themes library, like "Sounds of LA" or something. Maybe 1978? It's a totally different version. Kind of a rock-y disco thing. It's not that great but if you're into the song it's cool to hear.

Here's the cover version that my friends did last year:

That's What Friends Are For

Yo, this is in a good way. The music is cool and this dude is on some "honest James Taylor" steez.

It's not bad man. I think it's dope that someone would cover it at all, but I will say, Madeline had more balls than this guy singing.

It's just a different take on it.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    it sounds like jamie cullum.....

I rike it though, and yes I'll hit you on aim later w/ the krivit re-edit (it's the Pye version).

• Yo, this is in a good way. The music is cool and this dude is on some "honest James Taylor" steez.

It's not bad man. I think it's dope that someone would cover it at all, but I will say, Madeline had more balls than this guy singing.
    It's just a different take on it.

Yeah, I felt like it turned out a bit lighter than I would have wanted, but that's what they were going for. The tracked-out instruments sound pretty nice - I've been meaning to redo it with some heavier samba drums and percussion but never got around to it...

• it sounds like jamie cullum.....

I rike it though, and yes I'll hit you on aim later w/ the krivit re-edit (it's the Pye version).

Who's Jamie Cullum?

And the Pye version is killing it, I much prefer that to the Themes version...

But as with half the hot songs in the world, it's the last track on a crammed LP and the audio quality is . Someone needs to remaster that version and put it out on 12"...

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

dude, leave it to the JPN dudes man, your wish has already been answered. A few years ago they pressed up a 12" of the PYE version, w/ an official looking PYE label and all. I personally dig the themes one more and [email]d@m#$n[/email] will agree w/ me.

Also, this re-edit version just came out in Japan on vinyl under soul source remixed fevers pt 3 12".

as usual this stuff is all jpn only.

oh yeah jamie cullum is this MOR jazz vocal guy from the UK. He did a cover of Frontin on his last album...

• dude, leave it to the JPN dudes man, your wish has already been answered. A few years ago they pressed up a 12" of the PYE version, w/ an official looking PYE label and all. I personally dig the themes one more and [email]d@m#$n[/email] will agree w/ me.

Okay I have a new heatrock request...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    ...and [email]d@m#$n[/email] will agree w/ me.

Yes, I agree that the Themes version is "that shit".

• as usual this stuff is all jpn only.

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r17221380
    (Seller will not ship internationally.)

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Larry T & The Family + a bong + fresh baked cookies = Tuesday night rillness

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Larry T & The Family
    How is this LP on the whole? On a scale of 1 to 10.

• Larry T & The Family + a bong + fresh baked cookies = Tuesday night rillness
    I just made cookies (I put an ounce of Good Herb in them)

They are cooling right now. I am so stoned already, I don't know if I can even eat one tonight though.

• What kinda cookies? I like sugar cookies the best, although Mom made some with M&M's in em the other day for me and they were bomb.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Larry T & The Family
    How is this LP on the whole? On a scale of 1 to 10.

Mellow-yet funky on most tracks, soulful jazz iin that good mellow way.

Rey you need this.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Man, does anyone else sometimes see what people are writing like their avatars are saying it?

"What kinda cookies? I like sugar cookies the best, although Mom made some with M&M's in em the other day for me and they were bomb."

"My first ever concert was Too short, Kam, Treach, Mack 10, DJ Aladin & the Mexikanz."

yikes

• Man, does anyone else sometimes see what people are writing like their avatars are saying it?

"What kinda cookies? I like sugar cookies the best, although Mom made some with M&M's in em the other day for me and they were bomb."

"My first ever concert was Too short, Kam, Treach, Mack 10, DJ Aladin & the Mexikanz."

yikes

That shit's Hellarious !![/b]

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Word.

Knuck if you buck.

Dear Cos, you need to make a remix of 'Knuck if you Buck' ....I refuse to give up on this song! But I can't make hipsters dance to it, what am I doing wrong?

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Low Budget from Hollertronix has a remix of Knuck if You Buck on the the new Rub CD, It's The Motherfucking Remix 2. He made a beat out of Billy Joel's Pressure. Shit is CRAZY.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Low Budget from Hollertronix has a remix of Knuck if You Buck on the the new Rub CD, It's The Motherfucking Remix 2. He made a beat out of Billy Joel's Pressure. Shit is CRAZY.

what's the tracklist for Vol2?