The Rub Philly Saturday, Crobar NYC Thursday + MP3

ayresayres 1,452 Posts
edited September 2005 in Announcements
Parties:Thursday, September 15DJ Ayres and DJ Eleven doing eighties and hip-hop in a HUGE room!Crobar - West 28th St btwn 10th & 11th Aves5PM-10PM, Open bar 5-6pm, 2 for 1 drinks 6-7pm. Ladies are free till 7pm and $5 after. Fellas are $5 till 7pm and $10 after."Dresscode is casual but neat, nothing sporty. Trendy is fine." www.crobar.comIf you haven't been to Crobar, you have to come out, just for the sheer spectacle if nothing else. It is a megaclub (there are also Crobars in Chicago and Miami) and the soundsystem and lights are unbelievable. The room we are playing in fits over 1000 people on the main floor and plenty more on the balconies, plus the promoters for this consistently throw terrific parties. This will be fun. Come.Friday, September 16I have the night off. Go see Cosmo at Savalas. Saturday, September 17The Rub Philly: Cosmo Baker and DJ Ayres at Transit (downstairs)Pleasuretown featuring Tommy Sunshine (upstairs)10 PM - all night 600 Spring Garden Street$8 on the list, $15 at the door. GET ON THE LIST - http://www.paper-street.com/guestlist/transit/tommiesunshine Sunday, September 18Supreme TradingDJ Ayreswww.supremetradingny.comRecommended:Sunday, September 18, 2005Goapele & The Heat!!!Southpaw ??? 125 Fifth Avenue btwn Sterling & St. JohnsDJ Eleven warming up the crowd for the main event.Doors at 7PM, show at 8:30PM, $18 in advance, $20 at the door.If you were one of the lucky people who got the new Goapale/DJ Eleven/Sake One "Big Things Start Small" mix CD at The Rub a week ago, or if you're already a Goapale fan or just a fan of great soul music in general you won't want to miss this show. Download:The Rub Live Vol 7 - July 2005 (3rd year Anniversary) at Southpawhttp://djayres.com/MP3/The%20Rub%20Live%20Volume%207%20-%203%20Year%20Anniversary.mp3 72 minutes of Disco, Funk, Old School Hip-Hop, Dirty South Hip-Hop and lots of shout outs to Texas. This is a big file, like 100 MB.Last but not least my moving sale continues at http://www.djayres.com/sale.htm - lots of great music for cheap.__________________________________________________________________www.djayres.com | www.itstherub.com

Comments

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    playlist for that Rub Live set (listening to this again it is so sloppy I wish I hadn't put it up but whatever shit is free!)

Slave - Just A Touch

Slave - Watching You

George Benson - Give Me the Night

Michael Jackson - Baby Be Mine

Whispers - And the Beat Goes On

Teena Marie - Square Biz

Positive Force - We Got The Funk

Esther Williams - Last Night Changed It All

Kurtis Blow - The Breaks

Central Line - Walking into Sunshine

Blackbyrds - Rock Creek Park

James Brown - Give it Up or Turn it Loose