Hating

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
What are your thoughts on the state of hating?

Comments

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    I've never been there.
    is it just for snowboarders?

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Haters want war, war with me.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    why do folks care if another persons hates something?

• why do folks care if another persons hates something?

People shouldn't.

But do you think hating is a necessary tool of communication when all contructive critiques have failed?

In what context is hating OK and when is it milquetoast?

I feel like since there is so much hating these days the impactful hating gets lost in the soup.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    You started this thread so you could use the word "milquetoast," didn't you?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    You started this thread so you could use the word "milquetoast," didn't you?

Stop hating.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

I feel like since there is so much hating these days the impactful hating gets lost in the soup.

A lot of these little dudes really aren't built for hating.

What about the status of hatting, though?

• Haters want war, war with me.

F*ck wit my crew, you go to the cemetery.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    im not sure if we are talking about anything in particular but.....

I love to hate (hatting). I hate on shit I like, I hate on shit I dont like, I hate on shit I love. I hate when im bored.

• I know this is some dumb hippy zen crap..but ya cant have love without hate...just sayin'

as soon as the katrina topic gets moved from the headlines, people will start up again. in high school we had this thing called "jr. search" where a hundred or so kids go off to some secluded mountainous region, make paper mache hearts, haikus, and skits. hugs and kisses, covered in "man, i was a jerk to sleep with your sisters", etc. then two weeks later, the beatings resumed. as far as i've noticed, ten years later, the real world and high school have remained parallel/congruent... save for the fact that now my parents wouldn't let me live with them ever again.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Haters be damned. Don't hate, appreciate. Hatters, on the other hand...........Y'all are okay with me.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    been dealing with this from a close friend lately. Me and this one dude been down for each other since I was 6 years old. Been through near fatal accidents, bad-break ups, and all that other good & bad shit for years. Last week Dude had the gall to tell me that I think I'm better than him completely out the blue.

Left me feeling pretty down that the one dude who's been there through thick and thin is showing some major hate to a friend thats starting to do something positive with himself.

Then again dude has been unemployed for nearly a year and spends most of waking hours trying to roll the perfect blunt. Shits a bitter pill to swallow but the friend that I've held as my closest for years may be veering off onto a path of pure hate. When dudes no longer support you and fall into thier own lethargic world of self-pity it makes you take a look at the both of y'all and wonder why.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    been dealing with this from a close friend lately. Me and this one dude been down for each other since I was 6 years old. Been through near fatal accidents, bad-break ups, and all that other good & bad shit for years. Last week Dude had the gall to tell me that I think I'm better than him completely out the blue.

Left me feeling pretty down that the one dude who's been there through thick and thin is showing some major hate to a friend thats starting to do something positive with himself.

Then again dude has been unemployed for nearly a year and spends most of waking hours trying to roll the perfect blunt. Shits a bitter pill to swallow but the friend that I've held as my closest for years may be veering off onto a path of pure hate. When dudes no longer support you and fall into thier own lethargic world of self-pity it makes you take a look at the both of y'all and wonder why.

Don't let the sarcasm in this thread confuse you about what I'm about to say: Shut the fuck up.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

Don't let the sarcasm in this thread confuse you about what I'm about to say: Shut the fuck up.

Hater.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Only God can judge me, bitch.

• been dealing with this from a close friend lately. Me and this one dude been down for each other since I was 6 years old. Been through near fatal accidents, bad-break ups, and all that other good & bad shit for years. Last week Dude had the gall to tell me that I think I'm better than him completely out the blue.

Yo man I don't know this situation but, considering this is a close friend of yours, did you at least think about what he was saying? Or did you just write it off as, dude's a hater?

I mean, if a close friend of mine says something, even if I don't like it, I'm gonna pay attention. Perhaps dude wasn't entirely wrong... just my 2.

Yo man I don't know this situation but, considering this is a close friend of yours, did you at least think about what he was saying? Or did you just write it off as, dude's a hater?

I mean, if a close friend of mine says something, even if I don't like it, I'm gonna pay attention. Perhaps dude wasn't entirely wrong... just my 2.

You're suggesting that Guzzo's approach to interpersonal relationships might be in some way flawed? That this hattoir might have a valid point? I challenge you to produce evidence!

• been dealing with this from a close friend lately. Me and this one dude been down for each other since I was 6 years old. Been through near fatal accidents, bad-break ups, and all that other good & bad shit for years. Last week Dude had the gall to tell me that I think I'm better than him completely out the blue.

You're suggesting that Guzzo's approach to interpersonal relationships might be in some way flawed? That this hattoire de rigeur might have a valid point? I challenge you to produce evidence!

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Only God can judge me, bitch.

Pretty soon this mafucka is going to have that privilege too.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    What are your thoughts on the state of hating?

You killed a Fiat 600 and then come here talking about "hating"?

See, these are good people:

At least show some regret

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Yeah I took some consideration in, but this is the same freind that dropped out of college with 2 quarters left before he got his degree. He has since lived on his father couch and his dad has been trying to get him to show some motivation in life. Dudes also been hanging out with a "new crowd" consisting of unemployed weed smokers.

I've thought about how I may have changed over the last few months and no doubt my clothes have got nicer and I'm liking my job to a point where if it comes up on conversation I'm not hatting on it. But this is one of them situations where I am not the only one to see homies downward spiral.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    why do folks care if another persons hates something?

People shouldn't.

But do you think hating is a necessary tool of communication when all contructive critiques have failed?

In what context is hating OK and when is it milquetoast?

The cost of the Hate is what makes it sound good. Oh, so good.

Yeah I took some consideration in, but this is the same freind that dropped out of college with 2 quarters left before he got his degree. He has since lived on his father couch and his dad has been trying to get him to show some motivation in life. Dudes also been hanging out with a "new crowd" consisting of unemployed weed smokers.

I've thought about how I may have changed over the last few months and no doubt my clothes have got nicer and I'm liking my job to a point where if it comes up on conversation I'm not hatting on it. But this is one of them situations where I am not the only one to see homies downward spiral.

My only advice is, if you care about this dude, stop judging him and yourself by job, clothing, etc. and find out what it is that makes him feel that way. If you can change it, you should. That is, if you give a fuck.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i hate, therefore i am

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

My only advice is, if you care about this dude, stop judging him and yourself by job, clothing, etc. and find out what it is that makes him feel that way. If you can change it, you should. That is, if you give a fuck.

Thanks for the advice, its appreciated

been doing that. Sat back and just let dude be, but not before trying to see if I could do something to improve the situation. Not trying to confront him any further on his choices in life, I already know he would take any words from me on it as an attack. Still its sad to see the dude who 2 years ago had planned to start up a business with me (once he got his degree) choose to take his life in this new direction

adam, i feel you. a lot (90%) of my old friends are people i wouldn't hang out with if i met them now. several old "pals" are either dead or incarcerated, and while we have some crazy stories when we run into one another, the ones that are still up to the same old shit make me weary now. i have a kid, and a house now. sometimes things just change so much that it just stays "changed". give it some time i guess, or stick around to see if he finally gets that perfect blunt. if so, i want to see some pictures.

• adam, i feel you. a lot (90%) of my old friends are people i wouldn't hang out with if i met them now. several old "pals" are either dead or incarcerated, and while we have some crazy stories when we run into one another, the ones that are still up to the same old shit make me weary now. i have a kid, and a house now. sometimes things just change so much that it just stays "changed". give it some time i guess, or stick around to see if he finally gets that perfect blunt. if so, i want to see some pictures.
    Some people get "frozen" in time (stuck in the past). That same BS that you used to do with your peoples when you was a young'n, some folls still want to do that shit. I just visited my family back home, and a lot of the people that I used to hang with when I was young and stupid, was hating on me because I don't get down like I used to. They spend their days laying around they mom's/baby mom's house, getting high and/or hugging the block selling pharmaceuticals. I don't have the time to be doing that type of stuff, a brother trying to come up in this world, ya know? Guzzo, don't worry about your friend (ex-friend), just keep it moving and leave his ass on the wayside.