taza_one is moving in...

street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
That's right. I'm gonna make myself comfortable so get used to seeing me on the couch. I broke my ankle in a BAD way today. I won't know about the need for surgery till tomorrow when I go to the orthopedist. So I'll be on the computer and in the studio all day, making beats and laughing, learning, crying(inside) at the things I read and post here.that is all.FUCK!!!

Comments

• You need to get a hold of some Vicodin!

Seriously I hope you feel better. Being layed up sucks. I was out on my back for like 2 and half months. I couldn't walk or stand. I felt like I was going to go crazy. Focusing on music was basically what got me through the whole thing. I made four songs and actual got some airplay with them.

• Vic Odin, that cat is a serious part of my life right now.

I'm goin to the hospital first thing in the morning. I get to go home Thursday after screws, beams, re bar and all that shit get put in my ankle. They're gonna do a mini replica of the Eiffel Tower on my leg. I'll get the wand at airports now for sure. Wish me luck.

T

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    DAAAAMN homie...sorry to hear that. holler if you need anything.

• I'll be at The Glendale Adventist Hospital. I'm stressing getting a ride home on Thursday. I'm not asking for a ride, just sayin. It's been hard having my girl drive me back and forth when she has work and school. Yesterday I had an appointment at 3:45. She got out of School at 2:10pm at Normandie, had to pick me up on Fairfax, then we drove to Glendale with most surface street stoplights out. That was fun but we barely made it. She works Thursday afternoon so hopefully they'll let me go early. Assuming they're like a Hotel, they'll wan't to send me on my way. Hectic.

• that sucks, keep your head up.

btw how'd you break it ?

• This was taken a moment before I broke it. I didn't even know sombody was shooting. It's a hard spot to hit. The high wall of a kidney shaped bowl, it's tight, steep, and high.

See how my shoulders aren't straight? I lost my balance and fell into the deep end . I fell in feet first, trying to run into a knee slide, which i do regularly on a fall. This time my foot got caught under me, breaking my leg and ankle in 3 places. I then had to run out of the bowl, up the 5 foot shallow end, on a broken ankle. Didn't want to get stuck in there. I went into shock for a minute but I sat there and fought it off. I was getting crazy echo's and hallucinations.

I only got to skate for about 20 minutes before this happened. Oh well. Sometimes you gotta pay to play. Doc says it'll be 6-8 months before I can ride a board again. As long as I can walk and run, I'm good. I'm kinda euphoric right now, like it's an opportunity to work on music and art, but I think that's the vicodin and pot talkin'.

• ouch. you got disability/comp?

keep your foot up.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Taza,

Sorry to hear about your ankle, bruh. How long will you be out of commission? I hope you bounce back soon. As a consolation prize, maybe you'll get some of those good hospital painkillers (I see you're taking Vicodin, ooooooooooo!!!). Beats that "green on the street" ay-day, all day!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    ouch dude, that is not good at all. I can't even imagine the pain running up the pool.

on the bright side, your girl will be extra nice to you for the first few weeks.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    for the first few weeks.[/b]

Hope you feel better man.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Mr TAZA, sorry to hear about that.
    Keep your head up.
    Pz

• Hope, you'll be allright again soon.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    If u dont mind lookin at skateboards while ure out of action u should check out the lords of dogtown movie & the documentry z boys & dogtown if u havnt seen em already.
    Good movie & a great documentry, soundtracks are decent too.

• Thanks for the support. I'm going to work on music and artwork. I might design some skateboard artwork to offset some of my medical bills. Anybody be interested in a SoulStrut board? JK. As cool as that would be, I don't think Raj would be down for it. I'll probably do some hip-hop versions of old classic graffics, I'll keep y'all posted.

this surgery was a motherfucker. I got pins, plates, and screws, with no cast. Just a sling. These pain pills make me woozy and the blood goes to my foot when I sit at the computer. Better go. One love....Taza