funky worm - ohio players

olden_style_hatsolden_style_hats 11 Posts
edited January 2016 in Music Talk
do yall have any idea what this instrument is?

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I'm not a gear head, so I wouldn't know where to start, but it sounds like the same instrument used on 'Summer Breeze'.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    'Summer Breeze'.

huh? Drew, do you remember at the aeiou 2 release joint, "Summer Breeze" was the last song played and some dude was like "Hey its over" and when somebody turned the 1200 off, me and you were still singing "... blowing throguh the jazmin in my miiiiiiind..."

that was fun.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Some kind of synthesizer.....

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i just got PLEASURE today, and it os so ufckin nasty. full of jams.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    doggie, your girl jenny came by cafe in hawaii and saw that triple 5 soul mix and was talking to me about philly after. pretty funny

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

Probably something much like this...

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

I think its a arp?? They actually made a sick version of it on the motif.

i thhink it was a moog prodigy. you can get them on ebay from time to time. price range from 500-1000 sometimes.

carlos

www.thecraftbeats.com

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i think it's an arp too from what i have heard. i played with a friend's arp odyssey one day for a good hour and came up with a sound that sounded pretty much exactly like the funky worm.

• HAZE1HAZE1 40 Posts
    http://www.synthmania.com/Famous%20Sounds.htm
    it doesnt say on this list, but its pretty cool anyways.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    B3 with a ring modulator.

Edit: Sorry, thinking of JB's.

A search on Google said that it's an ARP.

• deepbrntdeepbrnt 241 Posts
    moog prodigy...motif emulation is pretty hot but its not the same...i think the arp solus has it too, which you can cop for pretty cheap (like 300-400).

• souldropsouldrop 40 Posts
    read all about the man who created it

www.juniemorrison.com

peace,
    mc

Hey People

This is a message from mini-junie.

The device used on Funky Worm was/is indeed called the ARP soloist.

I don't use that machine anymore because it is quite easy to emulate the same sound these days. At present, I would use something like the JP8_Mini lead inside Logic Pro to do the job. That, with a little bit of tweaking can work wonders. After all, it is a lot more cost effective and can be just as soundsational as buying one of those vintage synths. Check it out...

JM

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Hey People

I don't use that machine anymore because it is quite easy to emulate the same sound these days. At present, I would use something like the JP8_Mini lead inside Logic Pro to do the job. That, with a little bit of tweaking can work wonders. After all, it is a lot more cost effective and can be just as soundsational as buying one of those vintage synths. Check it out...

JM

Holy moly...is this THE Junie Morrison?

SG

• Hey People

JM

WOW!

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    no way

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Salma Hayek! Salma Hayek! Salma Hayek!
    dukeofdelridge

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    rosario dawson
    rosario dawson
    rosario dawson

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    LAUREN PHOENIX
    LAUREN PHOENIX
    LAUREN PHOENIX
    LAUREN PHOENIX
    LAUREN PHOENIX
    LAUREN PHOENIX

• Salma Hayek! Salma Hayek! Salma Hayek!

SAYIN!

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!!!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Isn't this the second time something like this has happened, like last year when I was mentioning AJ from JVC Force and he came up on the board later that day?

The mysterious conjuing power of The Strut continues...
    dukeofdelridge

• Isn't this the second time something like this has happened, like last year when I was mentioning AJ from JVC Force and he came up on the board later that day?

AJ ROK is actually a moderator over at Stef's [temporarily defunct/always defunky] Vinyl Exchange board. He's on there all the time.

The real comedy was when someone registered at Vinyl Exchange as D-Nice. It wasn't the real D-Nice, but he couldn't resist acting like he was for a while when everybody started bowin' down. So classic!

Isn't this the second time something like this has happened, like last year when I was mentioning AJ from JVC Force and he came up on the board later that day?

Or when Meilana Gillard blessed us with her presence in the Announcements forum courtesy of Monty Stark:

3rd remembers...

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

As I've said before, there are some reeeaally big dudes who lurk from time to time, beleee dat. Unless somebody knows different, I have suspicions that really was Primo that posted on here not long after the "Ownerz" album dropped and dudes on here clowned him. Y'all remember that? Shame on a nuh...

• Hell, I remember when AP first showed up when people were talking shit.

And the guy that runs GEMM.

Dang, who else? People were showing up like crazy at the mere mention of their name.... hence the "Salma Hayek" chanting...

ahhh, soulstrut history.....