perfect circle on inner city

davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
A long time ago I used to hear that this record sucks. It always goes for decent money on ebay and elsewhere. I'm curious what it sounds like. Is it like disco funk or what ? Or is it like late 70s electric funk that the french go crazy for ? ANybody got links to some sound files ?dave

Comments

• Ubiquity reissued it. There are some clips on their website somewhere. Personally it doesn't do anything for me... definite later 70s sound.

• Options
    I like it better than LA will Make PAy, though I'd never put out loot for it. Too many other choices (and undiscovereds)

K.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    haters...

the record is cool. it has some nice moments. i dont have mp3s or anything for you but ill say that i dig two tracks a lot another three i like but wouldnt put them on a mixtape and the others, to me, are filler. decent but not something you need to track down.

i catch kids with $75 on it... $60 if it has an issue or two. i think i know other dudes who can get more for it but i cant.

• Options
    Aki regularyl gets $200 for it from guys who walk into the store. I can't understand it. I wan't hating other than to say I wouldn't drop a bill on it. At least it's got good tunes and ain't in the crate of every newby in a CTI shirt.

K.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Im not hating on this, I did hear this joint a while ago, I remember I was like finally I get to hear this, anyway it wasnt really sticking out, not weak just kinda medicore post mid70's jazzfunk with vocals, dont remember it as progressive either, still I know I would be very happy to find this lp at a thrift shop....

A record I would like to hear though is that String Beat joint.....

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    It's a very good record. One of the few records that barely has any weak moments. Strong production and funky arrangements. I don't get you guys. The record is worth a few bucks. I got a copy but wouldn'T mind spending 75 USD on another clean Perfect Circle LP. It's just to good to let it slide.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i think 200 for that is stupid... cats are getting ripped off...

its not uncommon for a copy to pop up out here. okay okay... a little uncommon but shit i see the 45 less than the LP. ive only had the 45 twice and have the LP at least 6 or 7 times in the past 3-4yrs. and thats just me cause chris has caught it and other local dudes i know have a copy or copies.

now that the weddings over ill be back on the grind. if copies pop up ill do some set sales here...

• I like this record, and for those in NYC I have a copy here at the shop.

Dave, could you hit us up with a few mp3's, that would be d to the ope...

• A record I would like to hear though is that String Beat joint.....

probably the best place to get it would be soulseek i have the whole album on mp3 (although it's not guarenteed to work).

thanks for the info but i still can't tell if it's dope. the n. americans say it's crap, and grope says it's good.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

probably the best place to get it would be soulseek i have the whole album on mp3 (although it's not guarenteed to work).

thanks for the info but i still can't tell if it's dope. the n. americans say it's crap, and grope says it's good.

Johnny Paycheck said it's good too. Well OK, he's a dealer that's trying to sell the record, but ayo - he likes.

Come on now! Inner Circle tracks were compiled many times. Even on the Vinyl Dogs series, if I remember correctly. Their comps are pretty nice, right? The album is no straight Funk, but tasty afterall. Try to find it on Soulseek and don't forget to leave your feedback.

Johnny Paycheck said it's good too. Well OK, he's a dealer that's trying to sell the record, but ayo - he likes.

Come on now! Inner Circle tracks were compiled many times. Even on the Vinyl Dogs series, if I remember correctly. Their comps are pretty nice, right? The album is no straight Funk, but tasty afterall. Try to find it on Soulseek and don't forget to leave your feedback.

yo Grope, wasup, been digging up some german rare's lately?

Im not gonna be too loudmouthed on this one, cause I havent got the record,... I do have a feeling though that Im more a Smoke Everything kinda person (on MPS that is...!)

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I like the LP.

late 70's funk (not disco & not P-funk) The perfect circle were a pretty sharp group. Check their plaing on the Variations LP(s) on Amour

BTW I think the 2 tracks everyone keeps talking about are "Dipstick" and "Jungle Disco"

I like the LP.

late 70's funk (not disco & not P-funk) The perfect circle were a pretty sharp group. Check their plaing on the Variations LP(s) on Amour

BTW I think the 2 tracks everyone keeps talking about are "Dipstick" and "Jungle Disco"

will do, thanks!

• I like the LP.

Not trying to make a sale... none of yalls are buying that shit! But seriously, I actually think this record is lightyears better than the Variations LPs.

Seriously, I knew what it was worth when I got it but I was pleasantly surprised by the music.

• how much you want for that perfect circle johnny paycheck ?

(forget it) just found this record online, damn it sucks !!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    that one Variations record is SICK! dont remember the title, but it's black and the members are like white. dunno. its heat though

• that one Variations record is SICK! dont remember the title, but it's black and the members are like white. dunno. its heat though

I think your memory is clouded by skamas.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    You guys!!! You got evil plans. Actually you all love the Perfect Circle LP and just try to bring down its price! Very clever!

• A couple of those Perfect Circle tracks were included in those "Funky Jams" compilations on Hubbub from a while back. "Dipstick" and "Perfect Circle". Decent later 70's funk. I found the tracks enjoyable.