I'm ready to tear someone's head off.

2»

Comments

• This country is completely fractured.

I'm losing sleep over this shit.

I have to have faith that people will wake up, and maybe the next presidential election will change things. Even though it seems like we.. and by we I mean our whole fucking species.. really haven't learned a thing about compassion, responsibility, or governing in decades centuries millennia... at least not those of us who rise to power. That's the thing with government... you can dream up the perfect structure, but if the foundation is shitty, it's all going to collapse. I really don't know where we're headed, but sometimes I'm not so sure I want to stick around to find out.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I'm leaving the house again right now to try and catch my friend Dave as he gets off work to do an interview with him. Dave was stuck in New Oleans until three days ago and has graciously offered to give me a detailed first-hand account of what went on down there. If it happens, I will definitely post it here soon.

So it didn't happen tonight, but it will happen. I really feel the need to get his perspective and experiences out to the public. I urge any of you to do the same. If anybody knows someone who experienced this nightmare firsthand, please see if they will share their experiences for the greater good. Dave told me that he was partially reluctant because he didn't feel comfortable with the way everyone was making him out to be a hero or someone special, just because he was in the right place at the wrong time. I explained to him that he shouldn't worry about people thinking he's special, but rather to take advantage of the special opportunity that he has been provided with. He can relate unique experiences that will give people a better understanding of what exactly happened in New Orleans. That is a very valuable to everyone who loves this country and wants to see this tragedy turned into an opportunity to prevent anything like this from happening again in our lifetime.

IN SHORT: WE NEED TO KEEP THE INFO ROLLING.

Thankfully there are tons of blogs and independant media sources that keep info flowing, but that doesn't mean any of us should rest on our laurels and be content with passively taking it in.

Let us be conduits to keep it all moving.