LOOK WHAT I BOUGHT!!!

2»

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

YO! I think we where PMing back and forth about that! dam....you said a lot of the keys where missing or something.

Were we? Sorry if I didn't get back to you, I found a local buyer. No keys were missing so maybe you were PMing someone else? Maybe my mind if playing tricks on me.

What I do know is those Rhodes weigh a ton!!!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    radd! the return of copnblow!!!

Rhodes' used to be fairly common for 200ish back in the 90's. Ahhhh... the 90's....

• dextahdextah 77 Posts
    yea that's tight...i bought a moog rogue a few months ago..same type as yours...except you have polyphony...............(insert gasface)

• ouweeouwee 50 Posts
    moog is cool but it dont get even close to russian RITM-2 synth (1978)!
    there is a warehouse full these synths+other models too (all new) somewhere in the Russia I just bought one of them.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Nice find man...

I have one as well, an old superintendent in the building I used to live in gave it to me and my brother because he knew we were into music.

Mine is missing knobs and shit, but sounds dope, and stays in tune!

If you get someone to modify it with MIDI, and then control it via a full size keyboard, apparently the bass is unfuckwitable. (except a minimoog, but compare the price!).

You can do the dopest swells with that thing, just push up the cutoff while you record, it sounds nice

peace

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Nice find man...

I have one as well, an old superintendent in the building I used to live in gave it to me and my brother because he knew we were into music.

If you get someone to modify it with MIDI, and then control it via a full size keyboard, apparently the bass is unfuckwitable. (except a minimoog, but compare the price!).

You can do the dopest swells with that thing, just push up the cutoff while you record, it sounds nice

peace

this is the joint we got at the studio. it does midi. it sounds crazy fat. Do the old ones sound better?

• strikerstriker 146 Posts
    It was built by moog for radio shack.....

"I guess you could call this a "poor man's Moog." Realistic is the brand printed on this synth's exterior, but the circuit design was done in the late 1970s by folks affiliated with Moog Music (I understand it was primarily/entirely Paul Schreiber, now with SynthTech). Its Radio Shack Tandyness shines through, though, with odd "friendlier" labels on the controls (contour instead of envelope generator, tone source instead of oscillator and so on.) Still, people looking for a Moog sound have flocked to the MG1 as a low-cost alternative to a Moog Music synth. Ironically, they are presently fetching as used gear on ebay nearly as much as they sold for new."

"The ConcertMate MG-1 is an analog synthesizer built as a collaboration between Tandy and the original Moog Music, Inc and marketed by Radio Shack under the Realistic brand in the early 80's. Despite its being sold through The Shack, the MG-1 is all Moog. It even has the famous Moog ladder filter, making the sound unmistakably MOOG!"

ahhhh that explains it all...

now i reeeealy want one

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Nice find man...

peace

this is the joint we got at the studio. it does midi. it sounds crazy fat. Do the old ones sound better?

I've never heard the new Minimoog joint, but that shit looks nice...especially with the midi option. The old Minimoog is heavy though, I have messed with one and it sounds so fat....

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    you dudes want to talk throw back synths. i got to play with one of these joints in the studio i've been working in:

• Damn... I wouldn't even know what to do with that thing!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I love the filter on that thing. It's great for mixing through. I also use the oscillator keyed off the kick for some 808-ish type boom.