Tonight's Listening?

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Hey,I was wondering did anyone check out some vinyls this evening. Strangely, I put on Airto's "Free" LP and was feelin' it (I can feel the blows coming!!!). I'm not a CTI junkie (more so when I was younger), but some of those janks are cool. I also played Gary Burton Quintet's "Dreams So Real" as well, as sort of a change of pace from my usual fare. What are ya'll listenin' to?Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Listening to a Joey Negro mix I found somewhere on the net. So, I guess I'm checking out his vinyl.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Listening to a Joey Negro mix I found somewhere on the net. So, I guess I'm checking out his vinyl.

What's up, A-Money??? Nice to see your face in the place, holmes!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Not that Aaron. I think that guy's from the Twin Cities.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Not that Aaron. I think that guy's from the Twin Cities.

Damn, I did it again. My fault!!! Nice to see you up in here too, mane!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Wait, Aaron is Aaron Money?

And tonight I'm listening to:

*Ok. Not the same Aaron. But where is A-Money? GET MY CASH!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I listened to the nola bounce comp. Noz put on cocaine blunts as I walked across town to a bar-b-que and back. It was nasty.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    much reggae, much beautiful reggae.

right now, jerry jones.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Was spinning 45s for a chunk of the afternoon, just watched the Fat Possum 'You See Me Laughin' DVD again RL RIP. Have now got Media Player on shuffle, first Sweetbelly Freakdown now John Legend. Got a CD release show to go to later: Ryan McFun & The Ruby Suns.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    I found this 1970 san francisco comp, theres a track by hammer (not mc), really cool, b-boyish funkyrock steez scat vocals organ and cowbells, its dope!

anybody know this group?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Same thing I am listening to now, old RCA Sonny Rollins group w/Jim Hall on guitar. 'What's New' and 'The Bridge'. I have been reading Sonny's musical biography 'Open Sky' which may be one of the best jazz books around, really goes into detail and depth regarding Sonny's musical development and improvisational concepts. So I dug these out from the stacks.

Also doing a BBQ party in my neighborhood, so I am pulling out all sorts of classics and lots of soul for the grown and sexy, so this should be a nice afternoon!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Its 9:30 on a sunny Saturday morning & I got some Open Sky Unit bumping. I'm feelin' it.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Its 9:30 on a sunny Saturday morning & I got some Open Sky Unit bumping. I'm feelin' it.

I'ma go put that on right now.
    Thanks Haz

I'ma go put that on right now.
    Thanks Haz

soulfull record no doubt.

nice and untight drumming too